Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 5:48 AM
@bubble101 -I used to hate apartments because of the NPC neighbors being spawned who'd almost always get into fights with each other or with the landlord.I found a global Mod here that disables the NPC neighbors fully and forces me to manually add the neighbors in as playable households and fighting is mostly a thing of the past now.I'd search that Mod out and add it to my game to make apartments more playable.I also don't even use the EA apartments which are mostly way too expensive and just use my own custom builds which are a lot cheaper and often subsidized.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Emerald Heights.

Then I'd make clones of all the premade Sims from other hoods and move them in, because nobody said that wasn't allowed.

Rebel!
Alchemist
#28 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 7:22 AM
I've played all the premade hoods except Desiderata. For some reason, the town never spoke to me and I haven't ever really played it or its sims. I only use that hood for testing purposes--and of course I use Natasha Una for this; she *is* pretty awesome.

Anyway, maybe I'll get around to playing Desiderata one day but for now, it's last on my list. I like things about each hood, but Riverblossom is probably my least favorite full hood. It's a bit boring and the lack of community lots is fustrating for me. It's only a smidge below Bluewater actually--I actually hate Bluewater's map, rarely use any of the shops, and if it wasn't for the Jacquets and Malcolm Landgraab, I'd stop loading that one altogether.

So only Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville, and Belladonna Cove are the real contenders for me and its a tough call as I like things about each of them. Veronaville could use some more outsiders, but that's what bin sims are for. Team Capp all the way, baby. I started my first legacy there, and my sim story, Finding Consort (that I swear one day I will write the finale, to! ), and played the Capp cousins through college. And yet I love Strangetown, too. I love the Grunts, and Olive Specter, and Nervous, and studying the Smith-Curious family tree... It's a great place to mess around with supernaturals and it's the first hood I played. Still, Belladonna has grown on me, too. I love to hate Vivian Cho and I love making the Cordials witches, setting up Carlos Contender as the ultimate Bachelor with a harem, and playing the DeBateaus and the Rileys!

...And yet, who am I kidding? It's Pleasantview, hands down, no question. I've restarted that hood numerous times, more than any other, all to find some new angle to explore and play. Maybe this time Don stays a bachelor and the Caliente sisters feud. Maybe Mary-sue cheats and maybe Brandi wins the lotto. Who knows? But I can always find a way to spin these sims, find a new way to tell their stories. So for me, it's Pleasantview, though I'm happy pretty much anywhere.

And if we're choosing universities, SSU, then the Academie, then La Fiesta.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 11:03 AM
Surprisingly tough question!
Strangetown was the first hood I ever played (as a demo on a friend's mom's computer), and I really love Pascal Curious and his alien baby, but I spent so much time with the Goth family in Sims1... can't leave them alone.
I would pick Pleasantview.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 1:35 PM
One town I also like is Riverblossom's blank terrain map version which is the clean template of that town for building a town of my own and starting it from scratch with the residents getting their life stories written as I play through their lives.I'll add blank shopping district terrains, blank terrains for vacations.downtowns and even for a highschool campus because I love building my own districts from scratch.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th May 2020 at 5:12 PM
Strangetown, I really love the storylines and I've probably played that neighborhood more than anything else <3 but maybe I just love scifi stuff ahaha

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Field Researcher
#32 Old 5th May 2020 at 9:08 AM
Pleasantview. I've been playing it for years now and the premades are my absolute favourite.
Page 2 of 2