Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 10:40 AM
Veronaville- Every single day. There are other places that are good too but I have to choose just one, so.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 12:23 AM
Pleasantview, I love all the characters and stories. I fell like I would fit right in with the drama. I arrive in PV right after Dina gets married to Mortimer. And Nina needs a roommate, I am happy with her old room. Plus the eye candy next door is a nice bonus. and
I definitely haven't played this out and I don't know how the story continued :D

I need a cigarette
Alchemist
#28 Old 2nd May 2020 at 4:09 AM
You all raise some excellent points. I like Veronaville's aesthetics, but no way would I want to live there without some serious house renovations--too many places are so cramped and tiny. And the feuding would get on my nerves. So only Veronaville if it's my old save, not the one from scratch. In my save, the feuding has gone down, like 1000% and I'd get to hang with my story and legacy families. It's not a perfect save--it's glitched and all the lots are missing, for example, but I could help the rebuilding process.

Strangetown I wouldn't mind some of the houses, but yeah, Olive does have a lot of graves in her yard. That's kinda suspicious. And Loki and Circe say they adopted Nervous, but he does live in a basement that looks an awful lot like a laboratory observation room. I suppose hanging out with the girls of the Singles household might be okay, but the Grunts would definitely be uptight and have family drama going on. The Curious and Smith families seem okay, too, like some of the most normal sims, even if they are aliens... But then I remembered that Jenny married her half sisters' dad and how that whole family is a little too close/attracted to each other. I don't think I'm ready for all that, honestly--trying to figure out all these weird relationships and whose secrets are dangerous enough to hurt me. Also, it's hot.

So then there's Riverblossom Hills, and well, I mentioned it in another thread--there's nothing to do! I hate gardening and outdoors. I mean, watching the whole town go after and fall for Leod might be entertaining for a little bit, but seriously, idk what Maxis was thinking. One park/rec center does not a town make. Not even a separate park--not that I'd actually visit the park, mind you (like I said, I do hate the outdoors). But still, they could have made one. NL gave us three bowling rinks, but Seasons couldn't manage to give us a separate lot for the indoor rink. There's not even a town restaurant! Just think of all the country or season-type lots they could of made, like a botanical garden or an orchard, a farmer's market, a club that looks like a barn for hoedowns, a coffee shop with hot chocolate machines, a hard-to-reach clearing in the woods where the plantsims used to live, a town square with the wishing well, a museum/historical society for local adventurers to work at or display their finds, a dock or boardwalk where sims could fish, etc. etc. I could go on, and that's just ideas from the things they gave us in that EP--don't get me started on all the things they could have put in that EP. ...What was I talking about again? Oh, yeah, I wouldn't want to live in Riverblossom Hills. Not happening enough for me.

Desiderata Valley might be okay, but I honestly know nothing about it, so my top choices are unsurprisingly (for me) Pleasantview and Belladonna Cove. And yet, surprisingly (again, for me ), I'm going to have to pick Belladonna Cove over Pleasantview. I love Pleasantview and probably play that hood the most; I wouldn't mind living in either one of the traditional houses or the nice modern main street condos that the Calientes and Don live in. But, people wise, it actually comes in second. See, Pleasantview sims are all very wrapped up in each other and their personal dramas and I, as a now 30 something single lady, don't have much in common with anyone in the hood. I'm kinda too old to hang out with my favorite sims of the hood--the kids and teens--I don't know if I want to be the creepy adult at the party, you know? Even if Dustin does need some direction, I'd need other people to hang out with, too. And the only single people in my age bracket are Brandi, Darren, and the Calientes. Brandi and Darren are both widowers and Brandi's got a lot going on in her life, what with trying to figure out how to get a job and take care of two, soon to be three kids. But Darren's got issues too, pining away for Cassandra all the time and even trying to go after her even though she's in a relationship. Plus he is so scatterbrained he doesn't pay his bills. Not even Brandi is that irresponsible. Idk how that friendship would go, but I think I'd either be annoyed at his general ineptitude/initiative and the way he takes care of Dirk, or annoyed at having to listen about his unrequited love. The Calientes and I might get along, but I see them as a bit of gold diggers and a bit as lazy socialites and partiers--not bad people, just not my crowd.

So that leaves Belladonna Cove, right? I could make do in a lot of the apartments in Belladonna. Though Maxis has their building quirks, their apartments are placial compared to the tiny bedroom I have now or an apartment I could get for the same money in NYC. I think Jessica Peterson might be a good neighbor, too; not much in common at first, but the more we hung out, the more we'd see we're in a similar stage of our lives, trying to get it together and figure things out. Or I think I could be friends with either Kimberly or Sammatha and hey--I might become a witch if I do. In the romance department, there's much more available single male sims, but any of them would make a good guy pal, too. Gabriel Green and I could start a book club! And there's loads more to do and places to go, as Belladonna has a wider variety of lots. I think I'd spend a lot of time at the library or arcade.

...But that still doesn't feel right, though. No, I guess if I'm picking, it's gotta be a university hood and I'm picking the Academie. I'd be forever a young adult, since sims don't age there and while I would have some classes, I'm confident I could ace them with little effort, leaving plenty of freetime to hang out, play games, and have fun. It has the nice historic campus feel and some cool people to hang out with like Delilah O'Feefe and Emily Lee, and Roxie Sharpe. No Greek houses, but that's okay. I could start one if I got the urge to toga party or visit the campus and bring back free stuff. Or get free pizza. Yup, that's it, I'm definitely starting a Greek house. While the community lots there aren't my favorite of the universities, it's got enough to keep me entertained. I could see myself going to the coffee shop after class, hanging out at the Student Center, studying in the Library, or running around campus trying to find rumors of the secret society. There's a bunch of nice homes on campus, if I got tired of eating the dorm cook's mac and cheese, and the rent is way cheaper there, too. And while it would be annoying having random people burst into my home all the time, with all the spare time I have and boost to skilling in the fall, I could just work on my robotics badge and get myself a sentry bot.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd May 2020 at 4:35 AM
Can't decide between Downtown or Strangetown. Aliens vs Vampires.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#30 Old 3rd May 2020 at 4:49 PM
No Curious Boys, though
Mad Poster
#31 Old 6th May 2020 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
No Curious Boys, though

That's okay by me honestly.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry