Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 12:30 PM
Default Can I set ACR to load in just one neighbourhood
Hi, not sure if this is in the right place, please move if it is not.

I have downloaded ACR but don't want it to install in all my neighbourhoods. Is there a way to put it in the game so that it will only install in the neighbourhood I select.

Example: I have all the maxis neighbourhoods, which I don't play, a custom neighbourhood that has 10 families in it and a custom neighbourhood that has 10 alien families in it. I do not want ACR to load in any of these neighbourhoods but want to make a new one that ACR loads in.

I hope you can understand what I am wanting to do.

TIA
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 1:22 PM
I think you have to choose to install ACR in each neighbourhood. Downloading it into the game, just means it has the potential to be used. But you need to initialize it (and amend settings) in every neighbourhood you want to use. ACR works just as you want.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 1:58 PM
The easiest way is to add ACR folder into Downloads when you are playing this one hood and take it out when you have finished playing this hood and want to play any other hood. Just keep it in safe place where you can easily access it. ACR v.2.0 doesn't need to be installed and uninstalled.
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 9:22 AM
Agree with Diovanlestat; while ACR 2.0 doesn't need to be installed & uninstalled, if you don't initialize it/set it up in the hood, it won't run. Or, alternatively, if you do want to use it to set gender preferences, you can do so and then turn autonomy off in the global settings so that sims will get their preferences and tokens, but not do any autonomous actions.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her