4 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#5626 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 6:25 PM Last edited by CrystalFlame360 : 2nd Aug 2020 at 6:29 PM. Reason: I said that I'd post to see if I'm not alone, AFTER saying that my peeves are unoriginal.
Although mine aren't going to be very original, I thought I'd post mine anyway, just to see if I'm not alone in a lot of these.

▪Tai Chi: The animation is long, it takes them a while to recover from it, automatically puts the Sim in athletic wear, and the animation itself looks funny to me. Not like it's bad, but just imagine someone doing this in a dance club; that's what I mean.

▪Local Gestures: I'll keep the Bon Voyage theme for this second point. I don't hate them by themselves, but once learned, these always take priority over any social interaction. In my experience, at least. I enjoy watching my sims interact sometimes, but it's annoying when all they do is Bow, Chest Pump (?), and Hang Loose. It's all they'll do once they learn the gestures. A standard chat, becomes very rare for some reason.

▪I don't like it when sims always have to check the weather outside. Once when it begins to snow, fair enough. It gets old when they have it queued up five times in succession after it snows...

▪Toddlers asking to be read to every five minutes. A bit of an over-exageration, but it still happens very regularly. It's also annoying when they go to automatically read to toddlers. Don't get me wrong, it's really cute, but it becomes annoying when you want them to do something, then they stop to read to the toddlers.

▪Sims autonomously bathing toddlers with FULL hygiene.

▪Constantly feeding a baby that isn't hungry. Sims will gladly let the poor child cry in a dirty nappy, in favour of feeding them, regardless of whether or not they had been fed not too long ago.

▪Kids & Temperature: I love the temperature feature, it's very interesting. It's bad when children and toddlers are concerned. How many times has a child jumped on the bed for fun, but then got that warm it prompted a visit from the Social Worker? I get the idea behind it, but it's a bit silly to consider someone a terrible parent, because the child got themselves heated up jumping on a bed. It only happened once to me...

▪Werewolves & Personality Change: It's why non of my sims become Werewolves, regardless of how interesting it sounds. I'm aware there are mods to fix it, but regardless it's a feature that exists.

▪Vampire UI Poses: They look very goofy. It's a gamble whether I'm going to laugh, or cringe.

▪Vampires can't drink blood, or be lethal to living sims. I know there are mods for that, though.

I'll stop before it gets long. See, nothing original. I may remember more later.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5627 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 8:42 PM
Yes. you are not alone.
I have everything modded out. Lets see:
Vacation actions: BoilingOil- Vacation actions limited
Toddler: BoilingOil-. curb all auto read-to and Less toddler annoyance
Weather: Simwardrobe- No reacting to rain and snow
Baby: Simbology- No baby toddler swarming
Temperature: MTS-Mootilda- Constant sim temperature
Vampire mods: Djs Sims
Werewolf no change and vampire UI poses- MTS
Lab Assistant
#5628 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 9:08 PM
The DAMNED stuff face interaction. I don't know, this interaction makes me go mad! Like, there's a lot of supplies for my sim to make some food, leftovers and he simply keeps doing that all the time! And the worse is, you can't even cancel it at all! Had to use a mod to remove it.
Mad Poster
#5629 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 3:44 PM
I hate that stuff face interaction and usually just direct them to get a proper meal before they get that desperate by making them get a meal before going to bed instead of letting them jump into bed almost starving and I also have breakfast at midnight and tons of custom foods to help limit that happening.
Scholar
#5630 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 3:54 PM
I have finally had it and banned the lemonade stand from my game. I don't care that every kid wants it on their birthday. I see no use for the thing whatsoever. It doesn't even build cooking skill all that quickly. I hate that so many adults want to sell lemonade after it's bought--who wants to do that if they're not 10 years old?
Forum Resident
#5631 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 3:57 PM
Aha! The 'Stuff Face' interaction. That was something I forgot.

I really hate that one. It wastes supplies and doesn't even satisfy enough of their hunger to warrant that. It's also quite slow, so if you catch them, it takes them a while to stop doing it and make some proper food.

Another thing that they do that's quite funny is place their cooking in the oven, stop to complain, and then start screaming when the kitchen is on fire. I had that happen once recently and I was just thinking, "I know you're hungry, why do you think I had you cook in the first place."

Ghosts complaining about their bed getting sold is both frustrating and humorous. Funny because of the concept itself, frustrating because they take it out on their family.
Mad Poster
#5632 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 4:13 PM Last edited by TadOlson : 4th Aug 2020 at 7:54 AM.
@CrystalFlame360 -That's why I added a mealtime Mod and so any custom foods.I wanted to stop my non-skilled cooks from needing a stove and I never place a stove in their home unless they have at least three cooking skill points and have bought a sprinker to place above the stove when they buy that.I have my sims fixing lunch meat sandwiches,breakfast cereal, sub sanwiches or other meals that don't require a stove or even any cooking skills to prepare until they get enouh to own a stove.
Lab Assistant
#5633 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 9:23 PM
While we're at the cooking stuff, what about the one time some stuff catches on fire and sims from like 10 meters away from it stop whatever they are doing, run to the fire and begin to desperately flap their arms around like crazy hahahaha! Like, I was playing on university and the telescope outside of the dorm began to catch on fire due to a thunder and my sim who was outside and far away from it just happened to run to it like a magnet and scream like a chicken. Also remembed of some other time in another dorm where a table caught on fire and multiple sims nearly died because they were being hysterical near the fire instead of running away from it.
Forum Resident
#5634 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 12:42 AM
That's funny. When my trees catch on fire, none of my sims care; they just continue with what they are doing.

That reminds me of another pet peeve:

A tree catches on fire during a thunderstorm and the fire alarm somehow picks it up, prompting a visit from the firefighter. Before they get there, the rain puts it out. This results in your sim getting fined.

You can find humour in it if the fire texture gets stuck, as you're getting fined for a false alarm while there is a fire right next to them.

And yeah, it is less of a hassle to have them make sandwiches. Once before, I didn't think that a TV Dinner would cause a fire. I was proven wrong when a teen had returned home from running away, placed one in the oven, and set the kitchen on fire. Because he was preoccupied with getting his toddler sister out of the house, he burned alive. His father followed shortly after... It benefitted the story I suppose, but it just shows how silly sims can be
Mad Poster
#5635 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 3:25 AM
It was when I tried a More Hazardous Thunderstorm mod and everyone ran from tree to tree during a thunderstorm including passerbys, then I thought I need a mod and got Stop Watching Fire. Now I need direct a sim who caused fire to go away and wait until firefighter does his job before he can get his burned food. Not so funny at all anymore.
Forum Resident
#5636 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 11:45 AM
It really irks me how modular stairs have these little holes between them and the wall behind them like, what am I supposed to do to fill that in?? It looks ridiculous!!!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5637 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
It really irks me how modular stairs have these little holes between them and the wall behind them like, what am I supposed to do to fill that in?? It looks ridiculous!!!

Try using these:
https://modthesims.info/d/403889/stair-wall-fix.html
Link Ninja
#5638 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 1:42 AM
When I can't put a picture to hang on the wall over a dresser. It like goes super high above the dresser into the next floor. I usually have to add it to the wall, THEN place the dresser when decorating. It wasn't always like this...does this happen to others?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5639 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 6:14 AM
@Charmful that's almost as bad as the fact that my Jankowskys can't fit a loveseat and seperate bed in their current house even though it's a huge lot because they're living in the workshop and haven't even built the main house yet.I had to have then buy a sofa be clone of a cheap loveseat and use that since it's both a bed and loveseat which is great in apartments as well.I always wished they'd had functional chair beds and sofa beds added with Apartment Life and also functional mini fridges with that EP.
Forum Resident
#5640 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
When I can't put a picture to hang on the wall over a dresser. It like goes super high above the dresser into the next floor. I usually have to add it to the wall, THEN place the dresser when decorating. It wasn't always like this...does this happen to others?

I haven't had this exact quirk since I don't often use dressers, but I experience something similar with gravestones. On my cemetery lot, I have to place the pictures where I want them before I move the gravestone to its place. Otherwise if I try to place them with the gravestone already in place, my pictures end up either higher or turned 90 degrees to the side. (I have moveobjects on in order to place the pictures without them being on a wall.)

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#5641 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 4:44 PM
I have a CC stereo where if any wall objects or lights are above it, they are pushed 1 click higher and the wall object is at ceiling level and the ceiling lights are pushed through to the second floor.
Mad Poster
#5642 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crazyangrysim974
While we're at the cooking stuff, what about the one time some stuff catches on fire and sims from like 10 meters away from it stop whatever they are doing, run to the fire and begin to desperately flap their arms around like crazy hahahaha! Like, I was playing on university and the telescope outside of the dorm began to catch on fire due to a thunder and my sim who was outside and far away from it just happened to run to it like a magnet and scream like a chicken. Also remembed of some other time in another dorm where a table caught on fire and multiple sims nearly died because they were being hysterical near the fire instead of running away from it.

===
Speaking of dorms and fire; before I modded it out, Sims in uni would randomly "shoplift" some random object and bring it home - funny but irritating. When one came home with a cheap BBQ and put it in the main room, I "let" him cook on it...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#5643 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 1:30 AM
Oh, you see that as shoplifting? I think of it as more like dumpster diving, but without the dumpster. They go on a walk, see someone is throwing away their stuff (i.e., left it on the curb next to the garbage can) and they checked it out, saw it was still good, and brought it home. Or I suppose some dormie senior could be moving out of their house or dorm and is trying to get rid of all the stuff they can't take with them, so they offer it to a passerby. I love that feature of greek houses.

And Charmful, that happens to me all the time, especially with the malm dresser and certain mirrors.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#5644 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:05 AM
The "shoplifting" only happens when students are part of a Greek House, right? If so, then I find that slightly annoying, too; they'll visit campus and bring something random home. It's usually just pizza for me though.

I just remembered something else that kind of grinds my gears. It's something small and unoriginal... Salsa music. It's the default station it seems, and the sims always switch the radio on. I have to switch the station, because I just can't stand it.

I also hate how the nannies always bully the parents. Has anyone else experienced aggressive nannies? I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in this 200+ page thread

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#5645 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 5:03 AM
I did make a peace with salsa music, I just turned it very low in game settings. Before I switched to pop channel because there are more songs and will not be so repeative.
Nannies are brain-less, I don't use them. I do remember one time when nanny just out of the van went to tease a parent who was heading to work.
Forum Resident
#5646 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I did make a peace with salsa music, I just turned it very low in game settings. Before I switched to pop channel because there are more songs and will not be so repeative.
Nannies are brain-less, I don't use them. I do remember one time when nanny just out of the van went to tease a parent who was heading to work.

Pop is my go to station, too. I like the tracks more, and they sound less repetitive. And I think everyone can agree on the nannies ineptitude when it comes to certain tasks. There are a few good nannies in game if you're lucky, but I always fall unlucky with the brainless one

Mad Poster
#5647 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 2:12 PM
My game loves to give me butlers and maids who are slobs and hate cleaning. I've had decent luck with the nannies, but that may just be the result of modding them.
Forum Resident
#5648 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 4:44 PM
I don't have many issues with the maids, they usually do what they are supposed to do. Butlers on the other hand, love to just stand around and groan before they do any cleaning...if they actually do it that is. That's why I never hire butlers anymore.

The first butler I had was quite good, he did what he was supposed to do. Any butler I've had since then are just problematic. I remember when one got my baby taken away, because he fired the Nanny...

Forum Resident
#5649 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 6:31 PM
Butlers are the worst. They fire all the other employees, then are less efficient at all 3 things instead of just the one. I would have a toddler screaming to be changed, and he would start a meal, leave the bowl, then walk all the way out to the back garden to trim bushes, but leave the flowers dying, and then go give the toddler a bottle without changing it.
Mad Poster
#5650 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 6:52 PM
The best way to solve that is to use playable sims as staff and they will do their jobs because you control them like the others in the household.I would have a playable nanny taking care of children like an elder who's marriage partner died and who can't move in with their kids.
Page 226 of 274