Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#5426 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 12:09 AM
I use Inteen, so my college students get the extra time in college, and my non college students start their adult lives at eighteen and get the extra time there as still officially teens.

To Loki and Circe Beaker, a boy, Fenrir. Nervous Subject got suspicious about his memory problems, how could he make spaghetti one day, and not be able to understand the recipe the next? and enlisted in the Army, and, since Circe and Loki were both at work, was able to steal his paperwork and escape. He's now living in the barracks down the hill, and succeeding quite hard in the military. Mostly running himself to exhaustion on the treadmill, but he has several friends, PT, Jenny, Pascal, and is doing okay. Staying physically busy is good for his mental health. He's also discovered his actual legal name, Olivier Muenda, and he's introduced himself to his neighbors (the Good and Evil witches and the butler, and the butler does not do apartment residency well, fyi, so if you have the townies and NPCs as apartment residents mod, you are informed. Constant stompy fits about not being able to access other apartments, and I wouldn't let him order in the exterminator, etc). So Nervous is doing pretty well.
The Beakers, however, Circe gave birth just as the carpool pulled up, and instead of calling for a nanny she hopped in the car pool with Loki and off they both went, leaving their newborn on the floor. Fortunately the only person who came by was Kaylynn Langarak to clean, and she's too scared of the authorities to tell on them. When Circe got home she called the nanny, who found the baby lying starving and stinky on the floor. Nanny Charlotte wonders about these people, but she's dealt with worse situations before. But they pay their child absolutely no attention, and . . . they're just off.
With Nervous absent, though, promotions were suddenly much harder to come by. Loki and Circe have to skill more, they have to be nice enough to people to make friends . . . it's just so much work! They really need someone around take care of those little things.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#5427 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 1:46 AM
When Beau Broke was visiting Downtown, Dina Caliente showed up and had a breakdown (aspiration failure). I figure it must be Don Lothario's death. This is the sister who wasn't married to him.
Forum Resident
#5428 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 2:15 AM
I'm kind of just messing around with Strangetown at the moment, so I'm not really playing it seriously yet.

Because of this, I thought I'd do something interesting, but not original. I've combined the Loner and Singles households, and made Ajay romantically involved with all four of the girls.

When I next play the household, it's going to be a waiting game of who Ajay is going to get caught with. I may also get all four pregnant by him, we'll see.
Mad Poster
#5429 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 6:04 AM
I played in my BACC game in Dodge and the town added a few tea kettles to their community service center and the Jankowskys are about to begin getting ready for the coming winter as they've entered into fall as well now.
Scholar
#5430 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 1:03 PM
It was a busy Saturday in Strangetown, with several birthdays and a couple of graduations. The Curious family all piled into the minivan to go to the pool. It's still quite a full house, but all the kids are teens now, and Vidcund has been giving some thought to what to do for company when they leave for college. Perhaps make a zombie or two?

Circe Beaker passed away. Her dying wishes were to see her son Telegonus's wedding and encourage her son Hunter to be even more grouchy than he already is (she accomplished the second). Telegonus and Tina decided to go ahead with their plans in Circe's honor, but it was a somber affair. Erin showed up wearing a red velvet gown trimmed in white fur and decorated with an apron, further confirming that she had lost her mind.

Back home after the wedding, Ajay finally faced up to the truth that his wife was sick and wouldn't get any better. Their bodies were discovered together in their house the next day, an apparent murder-suicide. Those that saw her commented that Erin finally seemed to be at peace, as if hula dancers had spirited her away.
Field Researcher
#5431 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:54 PM
When I was visiting Fresh Rush Grocery downtown, one of the townies viciously attacked the head vampire. She kept harassing him, wouldn't leave him alone, made him cry. I'd never seen anything like it. They made enemies of each other.
Scholar
#5432 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:59 PM
Dora Ottomas died on the Highway to Respite. The family haven't got far - they're only on Lot 6 (of 60) - and food is running low. Peter is beginning to think that they made a mistake and is contemplating turning back to Bluewater. It may be largely underwater now (I have no idea how I'm going to simulate that!), but surely there'll be a few houses still usable, and maybe a food store has escaped the flood. Perhaps they could plant a garden and scratch a living. He also thinks they'll have a better chance of encountering Cyd Roseland there; after all, Landgraab Enterprises might well carry out a salvage business in a formerly wealthy town, but they're hardly going to be interested in a desert occupied only by ragged refugees. But what if David finds him? Will Cyd think to look in Bluewater, if he finds no sign of them along the Highway, or will he just assume the whole family perished?

The Spurlock/Lari family is also in trouble, having made it no further than Lot 8. Both Jared and Tarek came very close to freezing to death, and little Christopher would have frozen in his crib for sure, if not for the Grey Lady's protection of toddlers. The two men had originally aimed to build a shelter big enough for everyone, but realized that it was better to have a small shelter and take turns, so they spent an exhausting day rearranging everything. They now have a fully enclosed shelter big enough for two cribs and two high chairs, so the children can all be inside together if there's another snowstorm, and the men can at least stand inside.

All four apartments in the 'bombed-out' building are occupied, with the Ramaswamis in the windowless basement - not that they seem to mind. I took a further look at the interior and came to the conclusion that it wasn't bombed-out but was never finished. Landgraab Enterprises had started to build a resort in that area before the climate changed and it became too inhospitable. This also better explains why there's still somebody there taking money from travelers wanting to stay the night under a proper roof - trust a Landgraab to take advantage of the refugees!
Mad Poster
#5433 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 11:57 PM
@BlueAlien - you can do a terrain replacement on Bluewater, same terrain with lower ground/higher watertable. But of course you'd have to have Sim City 4 to edit the terrain.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#5434 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 2:48 AM
Still on my second rotation of Pleasantview (it's a slow process, right now), I was playing the Pleasants.

Mary-Sue was at work, the twins were at school, and their toddler Gabriel was playing. Daniel was home alone, with the exception of the toddler, obviously. He rolled the want to woohoo with 3 sims, and considering he had woohooed Mary-Sue and Nina, he needed one more. Kaylynn was an option, as I didn't go through with the scripted event (it didn't trigger for me).

So, after Kaylynn was finished cleaning the house, her and Daniel proceeded to do the nasty just as the twins got home. I was confused when I heard the lost love sound effect (the boing sound), as Mary-Sue was still at work and the twins had no idea. My question was answered when Don Lothario ran into the house to smack Kaylynn.

It turns out, the game had generated him as a walk by just as Daniel was sleeping with, yet another, one of Don's romantic conquests. One sided on Kaylynn's end though, as she caught Don with Nina and lost the love flags.

This is the second time this has happened this rotation. Don doesn't catch a break, does he?
Field Researcher
#5435 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:25 AM
Don is the best butt monkey, in trope terms.
Mad Poster
#5436 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 7:12 AM
The Hobbs family managed to get though another day in fall and had no work though they did earn enough from the charisma podium to add a few sections of wall to their house addition to help with getting ready for the coming winter.The service center also got lights installed in the new addition.
Forum Resident
#5437 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
Don is the best butt monkey, in trope terms.

Unintentionally so, yes. The game also seems to love generating him as a walk by in the most weird situations.

Daniel and Don now have an unintentional rivalry (more Don hates Daniel, while Daniel is confused), and I'm not complaining; it's quite humourous

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#5438 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 5:05 PM
Herbert Goodie has been trying to look through the telescope in the daytime for several rotations, and I wouldn't let him. Vidcund has enough feuds, he doesn't need one more. But last night, Herbert got away from me and a hugely pregnant Vidcund showed up to scold and shove him. Scarcely had he waddled away than Herbert returned to the telescope!

I guess he's the kind who is only made more stubborn by being scolded.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#5439 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 11:33 PM
On the university topic, I only send sims who both have the want at 16/17 and that I think would excel at school. But even then, I have sent sims with knowledge asps to uni (either primary or secondary) only for them to want barely anything to do with studying or term papers and so they've had to drop out. I only play with each semester lasting 48 hours though, as that's what makes sense with my aging and even though sims aren't technically aging while at university, I like to keep things consistent.

In my game I've just started a new round after being away from my modern hood for forever. A family that has been saving up for their dream home for years has finally been able to move in which means they were finally able to start a family they've been wanting. Lots of decorating happened, and I will be posting pictures of the house once I have returned to them at the end of this round. That way I can also photograph the nursery for their coming child. It's a home I'm very pleased with, and it is absolutely MASSIVE and they're officially the richest family by about 4x the amount of the families I considered to be wealthy before.

The Adler family may finally be reconnecting after 12 years of discord. What happened to start the drama was Daphne getting pregnant at 16 years old (to top it off, mom got pregnant at the same time) and was promptly kicked out of her super conservative family's home. Her siblings that were old enough to know Daphne and learn a bit about the situation as it happened are finally adults. Interestingly, the one who's most interested in reconnecting with Daphne is Quintin, the only one of the triplets to have gone off to college. But I'm pretty sure he'll convince his siblings to hear Daphne's side. Although he might only have luck with Marcy, as Nickolas is living at home still and Aubrey is only 12. Fun fact though, Aubrey is bffs with her nephew Oliver, but with different last names they really have no clue that they're family, since Daphne never even learned what her parents named their youngest child. We'll see how that goes though, can't imagine their mother Bonnie will be at all pleased with the situation, though she's also still bothered with Marcy moving out at 18 and moving in with her best friend Austin. Wonder if Bonnie would approve more or less of the living arrangement if she knew Austin was gay. Oh well, at least she has Nickolas' wedding to look forward to this year!
Field Researcher
#5440 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 12:50 AM
I like the "lock 2 wants" benefit of University, but the actual gameplay can be a bit of chore.

And sometimes I move to college and immediately drop out, just to age up to adult faster.
Forum Resident
#5441 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 2:59 AM
Lucy Burb and Beau Broke have officially gone steady, and are in a healthy relationship. They had two dream dates and Lucy still keeps rolling wants to flirt, kiss, and play with him.

John got demoted, because of a chance card. Sorry, John...

Jennifer, after over a week of searching, finally found an add in the paper for the business career she rolled the want for. It was about time, as she was nearing aspiration failure. She is also pregnant with her and John's second child and is in the third trimester. Unborn baby Burb should be born next round.

Herb and Coral Oldie have passed away, leaving their two recently adopted children behind. I didn't expect them to go that quickly, fortunately the eldest was a teen when Coral met Grim Reaper. I had to chuckle with Herb, because he had rolled the wants to invite Nina over and flirt with her. Just as he was about to greet her, the Grim Reaper showed up.

I think I'm weird for finding that funny... I do kind of miss them, their household was surprisingly fun.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
#5442 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 5:22 PM
I'm doing a new challenge where you marry the first sim that walks by. My sims married Marylena Hamilton, and had four children,Athena, Apollo, and twins Artemis and Aphrodite. Unfortunately the game keeps crashing when he tries to buy his elder clothes.
Scholar
#5443 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
BlueAlien - you can do a terrain replacement on Bluewater, same terrain with lower ground/higher watertable. But of course you'd have to have Sim City 4 to edit the terrain.

I think I may have Sim City 4, but a) it's in a packing crate somewhere - probably one we've shoved into a closet because we've no room to unpack it - and b) last time I tried to play it, it refused to load - but it might not have been on this computer.

I won't look for it, since I seem to find things faster when I don't look, but if I come across it I'll see if I can load it, and give that a try. Thank you!
Scholar
#5444 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 11:26 PM
Strangetown is fortunate in that an anonymous wealthy benefactor has built a luxurious facility there for the town’s mentally afflicted (and there are many)--perhaps this new clinic is in some way connected to the super-secret military research going on just outside of town. Doctor Klara Vonderstein is heading up the facility and ready for her first patients.

You know things had to catch up with Kristen Loste and Blossom Moonbeam sooner or later: too many disappearances around Kristen's house. Several residents of Strangetown suspected something not good was going on, so a group decided to visit, where after some snooping around they discovered the weird plant in the basement. They quickly called in the military to take a look. Knowing she was caught, Kristen threw herself at her beloved cowplant and was consumed. After the many graves discovered in the backyard were moved to the town cemetery, Blossom was taken into custody and committed to the brand-new mental asylum. During the ruckus, the cowplant disappeared and with the large crowd of people who were on the scene, no one knows who might have it now.
Mad Poster
#5445 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 3:58 AM
The Jankowskys had another day go by in the fall of 1841 in Dodge and got an old outdoor bathtub packed away and are about to begin constructing an outdoor bath to put the washroom fittings in the winter.
Field Researcher
#5446 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 4:45 AM
Pleasantview Times - A Wedding Party to Remember

Local State Assemblyperson Jay Zaide has been single since his divorce from Lucy Westenra (nee Burb, who is remarried to Beth Lowe). He and their son, Jason, recently moved into a beautiful, new house, where he hinted he hoped to expand his family.
Friends did not know with whom he planned this expansion, as he was not known to be dating anyone. Sources suggested a number of women, but when invitations for a wedding to Ivy Copur, most were surprised. Lucy was heard to remark that she had introduced them and had hoped a romance would develop, but hadn't expected it to move so quickly.
(Please note this Ivy Copur is not the same Ivy Copur who is the nanny of Alexander Goth's children, who was a teenager with his younger sister Morganna)
The wedding started well enough, lots of guests and friends, but the ceremony soon went south. Ivy was apparently not prepared for the attention or truly ready for the commitment. She ran out without even saying good bye.
Jay looked devastated, until Mayor Aiyana Turner approached him. Only moments later, he was back at the alter with an entirely different bride!
Although this is the first official report of the wedding, which was still considered a disaster by all who attended, word travels fast in Pleasantview. Apparently voters are only too happy to see their Mayor married to a well respected politician, and what could have been a scandal is apparently a love story.
We wish all happiness to Jay and Aiyana Zaide, and suspect news of an expanding family with as little notice as we had for the wedding.
No photos were permitted at the wedding.

(Aiyana Turner is a Downtownie with long blonde hair who is often seen wearing a brown trenchcoat and rouge lipstick)
Top Secret Researcher
#5447 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 7:59 AM
Not a lot as I haven't played for absolutely ages. Armand de Bateau is one day away from ageing to an elder. My founder, Andreas Voss, is now in his 70s and his wife looks to be one day away from dying. His granddaughter is a cute toddler. I guess I was just reacquainting myself with them after a while so nothing much happening at the moment.
Lab Assistant
#5448 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 4:30 PM
So I have this old sim and he just refuses to die, he's immortal! Everytime I'm trying to get him a proper funeral by calling all his friends to say goodbye to him and all the time he just cheats death! Has this happened to any of you?
Field Researcher
#5449 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazyangrysim974
So I have this old sim and he just refuses to die, he's immortal! Everytime I'm trying to get him a proper funeral by calling all his friends to say goodbye to him and all the time he just cheats death! Has this happened to any of you?

Do you mean the Grim Reaper comes and he begs for his own life, and the Grim Reaper allows it? He must have wished for the ability to be saved from death. Every time, it's supposed to decrease his chance of success the next day. The first day, he will always get to live.
Top Secret Researcher
#5450 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazyangrysim974

Yes it happened three days in a row. I got so sick of it I fed him to the cow plant.
Page 218 of 350