Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 10:36 PM
Default Which pre-made 'hood would you choose to live in?
May I just start a little complementary thread to fluorescentadolescent's? If you had to live in one of the pre-made neighbourhoods, which one would you choose?

My own answer is of course my usual one -- Veronaville. Because I love the look and the feel of the town, and because so many Sims that I strongly like live there. I know I'd never be lonely there among so many friends. It even has a good football team -- Gloria is their star player.

On the other hand I don't think I'd ever feel safe in Strangetown. I don't think I'd ever venture to go up the hill to Olive's house. And I'd be more than a little wary about visiting the Beakers too.

So which neighbourhood would you choose to live in?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 10:47 PM
Desiderata Valley. I'd actually have friends there, I think. Particularly with Natasha Una, Victor & Luis Aspir & Marcel Jocque. I'd probably spend my time with Natasha Una, eating grilled cheese sandwiches, talking about grilled cheese sandwiches & doing arts and crafts.. :D
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 11:40 PM
Well I have to say I'd choose Strangetown....
If you read some of my past posts I've made some significant changes whilst preserving the 'feel' of the town and adding some subhoods.(Downtowns and Shopping hoods)
Although Loki had plastic surgery and kept his job because Circe refused to stay with him if he didn't bring in some income.

Belladonna Cove would be a second choice.
A much faster paced and socially inclined population and filled with wealthier sims.

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#4 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 11:44 PM
Riverblossom Hills seems like a calm little community. There's no serial killers or bitter feuds, so that's appealing. I'd talk to Rose about being a plantsim and perhaps try that out for awhile.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 11:57 PM
Veronaville, because it's full of my favourite Sims and there's always something interesting happening. None of the original premades are there except a descendant of Beatrice Monty. Likewise, few of my Sims live in the original Tudor homes. I think I'd live in one of the more modern homes, perhaps the one I made with a basement garage and bay windows.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 12:27 AM
I would choose my BACC version made using the Strangetown terrain map as my hometown because it's a rural township and most of the residents are farmers living on homesteads though there might be a few that move in as resident townies and live in smaller homes and have regular jobs.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 12:39 AM
I'd want to live in Bluewater Village because it looks like it would have a nice climate and a lot of the premade families seem like decent individuals. I think I could find interests in common with Chester Gieke, Florence Delarosa, or a grown-up Melody Tinker.
#8 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 2:02 AM
I would live in Strangetown.
Yes, there are some things that are very sketchy, but what Sims towns don't have things like that? Strangetown is just more open about how strange it is. I think I would feel very intrigued to know the history of the town. I would love to go on hikes and maybe discover some of the town's secrets in the wilderness. I bet I could find some good rock climbing, too. I would take comfort in knowing that the people are anything but cookie cutter because I've always struggled to fit in. And I think the Curious brothers would make for fun and pleasant neighbors.
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 4:28 AM
I would pick Riverblossom Hills because they have a colder climate, im not big on heat and would like to live somewhere where it snows
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 5:09 AM
Riverblossom Hills. I just love that map.
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 7:28 AM
I know that Riverblossom and Desiderata are probably WAY more stable, but I want to live in Veronaville. I REALLY like the premade teens (which would probably be my Sim age group.) Plus, they seem to be civil towards neutral parties like the Summerdreams. Besides that, I love the aesthetic the town has going on.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 12:10 PM
I'd say my answer is largely the same as the other thread - Pleasantview or Desiderata. I feel like Lilith and I would be good friends, but at the same time I'm always craving grilled cheese and, as said in MANY threads, I love my girl Natasha.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 12:14 PM
I would pick Riverblossom Hills because it's nice and peaceful and it's the country and I am from the country.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 7:07 PM
Agreeing about riverblossom hills, but I live in a village in northern Sweden so.. It would not be that much of a change I guess? If I get to move into one of the homes with a greenhouse.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#15 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 8:22 PM
I would have to say Pleasantview some parts of it remind me of where I live in California, I think the real reason I like Pleasantview is Don Lothario he's my Pixel lover. lmao :lovestruc

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 1:16 AM
Probably Strangetown. I'm a desert girl. Strangetown's houses are almost far enough apart to be tolerable, too.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 3:35 PM
I'll close my eyes and throw a dart. What could possibly go wrong?

AKA. Anora Acadian
Instructor
#18 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 1:19 AM
Probably Belladonna Cove. I'm just not a fan of the "countryside" feel of the other hoods and I already live in a coastal city, so it would be fitting.

If we're talking Sims 3 worlds as well, definitely Midnight Hollow. I love its aesthetic so much.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 1:19 AM
Oooh, great question!

Veronaville is beautiful, but I don't know if I could handle the feuding. I think Belladonna Cove seems like a safe bet. Big, lots of different places to live, nice coastal space. Plus maybe I could get turned into a witch!
Theorist
#20 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 1:29 AM
Like, if a real life version of those place existed?

The sensible answer for me then would be Pleasantview, since it is suburban, but still probably close enough to a city for convenience.

But I'd think Strangetown would be more fun; aliens, half aliens, possible witches, missing people appearing out of nowhere. That place just sounds like fun. Plus I always kinda wanted to live in a desert.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
Probably Belladonna Cove. I'm just not a fan of the "countryside" feel of the other hoods and I already live in a coastal city, so it would be fitting.

If we're talking Sims 3 worlds as well, definitely Midnight Hollow. I love its aesthetic so much.

I just wonder why nobody has translated Midnight Hollow into a version for Sims 2. Sounds like a fun place-a cross between Veronaville and Strangetown.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#22 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 4:27 PM
Riverblossom Hills. It's clean and green, with a small population, and after 17 years in northern New Brunswick, Canada, the long winter wouldn't bother me at all.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#23 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 4:01 AM
I think i’d love to live in Veronaville or Belladonna Cove. I love the parks in Belladonna Cove and the ancient looking houses in Veronaville.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I just wonder why nobody has translated Midnight Hollow into a version for Sims 2. Sounds like a fun place-a cross between Veronaville and Strangetown.

Please for the love of god if anyone does, do not make it as dark the Sims 3 Midnight Hollow. I am prone to migraines and that world triggers migraines for me. I can't play because of the pain and usually end up using Nraas mods to move Sims from Midnight Hollow to Twinbrook or another world to play the Sims. The Sims are fun, something about the darkness and the terrain sets off my migraines.

Strangetown is pretty close to where I actually live, except Southern Arizona is a little more green. I would live in either Strangetown or Pleasantview.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 8:24 AM
Strangetown

Here I come.

Olive, get out the tea, I am a widow too. We can chat about ways of coping with people gossiping behind our backs.

And as for the Curious Boys, perhaps I can marry one of them when they are older

I may even meet the aliens!

Adventure over safety. See all of you (hopefully) again

I may even see - or meet - an alien!
Page 1 of 2