Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:55 PM
Default Trying to create an atrium
I'm trying to remove second story floor tiles, so that I can create a type of two-storey atrium around my stairs. If 'n draw a room and delete the floortiles within the room, my roof suddenly starts to pierce my walls once I delete the temporary walls again.

I've attached a picture of the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've sat for hours already and just can't seem to get it right!

Thank you

[IMG][/IMG]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Euterpe
I'm trying to remove second story floor tiles, so that I can create a type of two-storey atrium around my stairs. If 'n draw a room and delete the floortiles within the room, my roof suddenly starts to pierce my walls once I delete the temporary walls again.

I've attached a picture of the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've sat for hours already and just can't seem to get it right!

Thank you

[IMG][/IMG]

I had the same problem, if you delete any part of the floor the roof won't recognize that space as a room and they would just appear as there wouldn't be a room there. DO you get what i'm saing XD ?

There is no solution to this except traying to modify the roof so it would go around that room, use half roofs or stuff like that. or make a terrace.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlioodKira
I had the same problem, if you delete any part of the floor the roof won't recognize that space as a room and they would just appear as there wouldn't be a room there. DO you get what i'm saing XD ?

There is no solution to this except traying to modify the roof so it would go around that room, use half roofs or stuff like that. or make a terrace.

Thank you for your reply. That really sucks.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 10:11 PM
I haven't tried it, but you you make a transparent floor tile and install it as cc?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 9:44 AM
Draw a room in the shape of the atrium on the floor below. Select the room shape with the arrow tool. Then go to the upper floor. The shape should show up as a yellow outline. Click on the yellow outline and an option "delete floor" should appear.
Afterwards delete the room shape on the lower floor and Bob's your uncle!