Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 12:32 PM
Default Realistic Death Mod/ Higher Chance of Death
Hi! My sims never die by chance. I have the odd sim die in a house fire so I'm after a mod of some sort that randomly kills off sims or if they get ill with flu/food poisoning there's a higher chance of death.

I know I can just kill them myself with the tombstone but I want it to be more realistic. So I'm after a mod that may help with this.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 12:48 PM
https://modthesims.info/d/569824/cu...-satellite.html
https://modthesims.info/d/632417/womrat-mod.html
https://modthesims.info/d/617068/disease-mod.html (this one can be nicely completed with this mod https://modthesims.info/d/632096/temperature-mods.html - sims staying with low temperature can get sick, so you'll really need to keep them warm, because houses are no longer considered warm/shelter and you will need to use warming up stuff like fireplace/radiators or they will stay cold even inside and with that they will get sick and their illness can get worse etc - you get the idea)

Also maybe this will be useful too http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6757 ?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 1:15 PM
There's a realistic sickness mod too at MATY I think. There are two versions. One's deadlier than the other.
Inventor
#4 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 3:38 PM
Oh, also forgot about death by childbirth mod made by Midge,
https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...rth-sims-have-a
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 5:59 PM
Midge has a guinea pig disease mod here
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 12:31 AM
Got the wormrat one; have all the others...let the games begin! But when the only child of one of my fav families suddenly died, I was sad. His dad got sick, I got message he was OK. Kid got one "sick" message, but wasn't throwing up so I thought he was fine. Even friends want him to come back..but that doesn't happen. And I like the pregnancy one: right after a birth a Sim's needs all tank. I can work with that; but for a ISBI pregnant Sim that wants to party all night.. well there ARE consiquences.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#7 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 2:59 AM
@shawnaleighx I also recommend More Dangerous Fire by simmodder, Daily & Weekly Arsonist/Burglar by Dizzy and No Instant Firefighter & Cop by Piqiwi.

More Dangerous Fire makes it so that fire spreads faster and burns things quicker, so when there is a fire, you have to be quicker about calling the fire department or putting out the fire. Piqiwi's mod complements this very well, adding a random factor when calling the fire department. You don't know how long it'll take for services to show up and again, if you aren't proactive, sims can die. Finally, if you're thinking, 'That's great and all, but how often are fires, anyway? I only get them once in a while.' then definitely get Daily/Weekly Arsonist Burglar. I use the weekly version and it makes it so that 1. the burglar has a chance to appear any time of day or night and 2. the burglar has a chance to start a fire. All three mods together definitely add significant risk to your sims' lives.

There's also Sophie-David's plague well, if you want to increase the spread of disease and Gummilutt's Customizable chance of Death by Murphy Bed.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 5:07 AM
More dangerous fire is definitely a stakes raiser.

On a similar note, I enjoy the temperature mod combined with the "Functional Fire" mod here:
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=9239
which requires fireplaces to use firewood.

Then I doubled the prices on the "Home Comfort System" (full of air conditioners and heaters) found here: http://simpearls.co.uk/simpearls/index.php?topic=3224.0

So my sims either have to pony up for an HVAC system, or chop wood until they can afford it. Makes for interesting winters sometimes.

This might not seem like a deadly mod, but Simler90's aspiration failure mod, combined with their immaturity mod, can really make a tough situation tougher: https://modthesims.info/d/626220/as...ailure-mod.html
Between the two, you really have to work to get unhappy sims back up into the green, and until then they're extra liable to fall victim to all kinds of misfortune that comes from doing things in a bad mood, as well as generally not wanting to do things.
Alchemist
#9 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 6:57 AM
@AlfredAskew, you doubled the prices on the whole set?! The furnace is already $4500. Wow. I thought I was tough on my sims. Anyway, thanks for the links; I'd overlooked some of those mods, but the temperature mod sounds like something I've been looking for for a while.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#10 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@AlfredAskew, you doubled the prices on the whole set?! The furnace is already $4500. Wow. I thought I was tough on my sims. Anyway, thanks for the links; I'd overlooked some of those mods, but the temperature mod sounds like something I've been looking for for a while.

Yeah, no. I'm not a kind god. xD
I've always found that I appreciate the mundane parts of the game more when there are actual hard times to fight against.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 11:11 PM Last edited by kittenn1011 : 12th Jul 2020 at 12:04 AM.
@shawnaleighx I also recommend More Dangerous Fire by simmodder, Daily & Weekly Arsonist/Burglar by Dizzy and No Instant Firefighter & Cop by Piqiwi.

I used to play with this combo, and I do not recommend it if you're someone who frequently plays with some sims in small houses where you put stuff on the lawn when you run out of space. If a burglar targets something on your lawn, it burns forever and it's not like it kills a lot of sims. And it's a lot easier to keep sims ignoring outside fires, so it's a lot of annoyance for very little real payoff in risk.
Alchemist
#12 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 3:58 PM
@kittenn1011, that's good to know. I can't say I put too much stuff on the lawn--or that the burglar would target those things rather than things in the house. I think the fire department would still attempt to put out the fire if you call, but in case they don't, you can put out fires outside with rain. You can make it rain with the weathernaught (aspiration reward), but a mod would probably be easier. I think the bat box has options to change the weather; the sim manipulator definitely can change the weather and there's a seasons and weather controller from Simwardrobe (archive is available here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87829/, thanks to Bulbizarre).

aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 11:09 PM Last edited by kittenn1011 : 10th Jul 2020 at 11:19 PM.
@kittenn1011, that's good to know. I can't say I put too much stuff on the lawn--or that the burglar would target those things rather than things in the house. I think the fire department would still attempt to put out the fire if you call, but in case they don't, you can put out fires outside with rain. You can make it rain with the weathernaught (aspiration reward), but a mod would probably be easier. I think the bat box has options to change the weather; the sim manipulator definitely can change the weather and there's a seasons and weather controller from Simwardrobe (archive is available here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87829/, thanks to Bulbizarre).

The problem is, as you can see in the screenshot on the More Dangerous Fires mod, is that the fires spread on empty tiles, not just to other objects. With the increased spread of fire, on the lawn it spreads out in all directions to set fire to every time. Even on modestly sized lots, a single firefighter couldn't put out fire faster than it spread. Making it rain would solve the problem, yeah, but if I'm always having to cheat away the fire because it's too annoying, might as well just not have it. Just thought I'd give a fair warning-- this problem would be just as bad if you tended to build homes with really large rooms/open floorplans, tbh. I played with the combo for a while because I love danger in my game, but I honestly just got more annoyance from lawns being set aflame and maybe one death across the whole time I played with the combo. I still use more dangerous fires, but just taking out the weekly arsonist stops the weekly headache of having to quit without saving because a fire got out of control when nobody was home and now the carpools home can't arrive because the road is covered in ash, and the firefighter just can't put the damn thing out.

(Attached the only screenshot I have left of what this combo did to a lot, it was a 3x2 lot with no walls to stop the fire, so the issue is a pinch exaggerated here, though to be fair it did wayy worse to my legacy lot when my sim was still living on the lawn. But it's still pretty bad even when there's a structure on the lot if there's a decent-sized lawn and the fire can spread all the way to the road.)
Screenshots
Alchemist
#14 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 11:35 PM
Oh, I definitely know about the dangerous of lawn fires, @kittenn1011! I had all those mods put in when I had started new throwaway-hood I was playing once. I had Dustin Broke move out to the woods with a bunch of other sim teens to try and build a new little community. They were on a big forest lot, camping outside--it was a bit like legacy lawn living. Tents, campfires, chopping wood, etc. Anyway, I forgot that the visitor controller doesn't ban the burglar; she showed up, stole some things and set a tent on fire. The kids managed to beat the burglar and get their stuff back, but the fire got out of control. I tried to have them put it out (there were like six of them), since they were supposed to be far from civilization and have no services. But it was no use. It took a while, but every single tile on the lot (and it was like a 5x4 lot or something) burned, and no one survived, as they eventually became too tired to keep spraying each other with the extinguisher. I had to exit without saving.

As you can see from the first picture, the fire even followed the kids to the street. There wasn't an inch on the lot that was safe. Next time I think I'll make sure to build enclosures and fence in the tents, as fire can't jump walls and fences in the sim world.

In any case, that fire made me check on another mod I have, Simwardrobe's Fire Brigade. It's supposed to spawn a firefighter for every 7 tiles of fire on the lot (up to a max of eight firefighters). I think I ended up editing it to cover a lower number of tiles (my current copy says "edit" on it, but I unhelpfully didn't note what edit was, ) Cuz yeah, with more dangerous fire, the fire just spreads too quickly and most of the time the fire fighters can only just make sure no one dies. So anyone thinking about more dangerous fire might want to pick that up too.

In retrospect, you're probably right about the amount death it causes. Generally, my sims don't die from fire, even with it in, as I'm at least able to move them to safety. What happens instead is that they lose a bunch of stuff and that makes things harder for my sims financially. Entire kitchens have been lost--my Jessica Peterson had to move out of her apartment because of that, actually. She couldn't afford to replace what she lost, between the burglar and the fire. So she moved and used the money from moving to get a smaller, more furnished place. And Goneril and Albany Capp just lost their car when I was playing today. The burglar showed up just as Goneril was leaving for work. I had her stop and call the police and in the meantime the burglar set the driveway on fire and ran away before the cops showed up. I was really worried I was about to see the lawn completely engulfed--much like you warned, kittenn1011--but 3 firefighters spawned and they were able to put out the fire. That's when I remembered I had edited Fire Brigade, and thought I ought to mention it.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 12:04 AM
In retrospect, you're probably right about the amount death it causes. Generally, my sims don't die from fire, even with it in, as I'm at least able to move them to safety. What happens instead is that they lose a bunch of stuff and that makes things harder for my sims financially. Entire kitchens have been lost--my Jessica Peterson had to move out of her apartment because of that, actually. She couldn't afford to replace what she lost, between the burglar and the fire. So she moved and used the money from moving to get a smaller, more furnished place. And Goneril and Albany Capp just lost their car when I was playing today. The burglar showed up just as Goneril was leaving for work. I had her stop and call the police and in the meantime the burglar set the driveway on fire and ran away before the cops showed up. I was really worried I was about to see the lawn completely engulfed--much like you warned, kittenn1011--but 3 firefighters spawned and they were able to put out the fire. That's when I remembered I had edited Fire Brigade, and thought I ought to mention it.

You're right about the devastation that mod caused economically though! That's kind of the part I miss about it haha. This thread has kind of made me want to see if there's any way I can make the arsonist work for me again. I'll have to try out the extra firefighters for sure.

I do recommend anyone who puts anything on the lawn that a burglar might target and uses these mods to throw an invisible room divider somewhere between where you keep the lawn stuff and the road itself, btw, because the ash on the road can prevent carpools from returning, so if the arsonist arrives when nobody is home, nobody will be able to return home without cheating away the ashes. A lot easier to just throw up an invisible barrier and forget about it. (I actually just remembered that I did this to a lot or two because last night I was playing on the lot that I have screenshotted. The mods are long gone but I tried to place down a stairway and the game kept telling me there was a wall in the way. The invisible divider was still there after the mod's been gone for ages haha.)