Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
They could always add them to the game :lovestruc

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if they did. I'd just be really, really surprised.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#77 Old 12th May 2015 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
They could always add them to the game :lovestruc

Considering how EA seems to be getting lazier at things. I don't think we'll see them anytime soon.
For example,
TS2 - car animations for getting in and out of the car
TS3 - teleport in and out of the car
TS4 - screw it, we'll just have them dissapear to their destination
TS5 - ??
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 12th May 2015 at 2:26 PM
Everything will be menu based. <3

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Considering how EA seems to be getting lazier at things. I don't think we'll see them anytime soon.
For example,
TS5 - ??

The Sims 5: D&D Edition!
Click here to download your pixelated paper dolls, dice-rolling software, and a flat image in front of which to play!
Play online with your friends!
Buy our DLC card packs, includes new actions and backgrounds to optimize play!
Mad Poster
#80 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
For example,
TS5 - ??

TS5 - Everyone works and shops from home

The Receptacle still lives!
One Minute Ninja'd
#81 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:21 PM
Maybe the big reveal in the luxury party pack will be a dishwasher to help you clean up all that fine china you used for that luxury bash you threw, because let's face it, paper plates really don't belong at luxury bash, right? So even if you don't use any of the other stuff from the pack, you could justify the buy as a way of getting the appliance back in the game.............
Mad Poster
#82 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Car were actually used in TS2 for several functions, as well as driving. Sims would physically get into the vehicle and drive off the lot. We don't even have carpools in TS4, so I don't think we'll ever get cars.

I said this before with toddlers and ended up having to bite my tongue but.......*deep breath* I don't think that even EA would be that stupid.

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I'm still confused. What dynamic is missing other than a couple of life stages (toddlers, preteens, something between adult and old - ah! middle age!)? I see lots of family interactions and nuances in the ways relationships are described through both game play and interaction. Coupled with the desires/wants to have children and to interact with family members, what dynamic is missing?

It's really the smaller things that we're missing. We need more group activities between family members. Something other than the game table and dinner conversations. I miss the kite flying, sandcastles, hopscotch, multiplayer video games, the "hang out" interaction from TS2, after school activities (even if they are rabbit holes). We just need more of that "modern suburban family" feel. The children and family interactions are a step up from TS3 (or TS3 without the generations expansion, at least) but something about feels so...incomplete. It doesn't help that they gave us a photo studio without the option to take family portraits. Since when does a "group photo" mean just two people? And children can only take pictures with other children :/

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 12th May 2015 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
It doesn't help that they gave us a photo studio without the option to take family portraits. Since when does a "group photo" mean just two people? And children can only take pictures with other children :/

SimGuruMartyr:
"With our new Move Objects cheat, it's easier than ever to take group or family photos! Position them around in any manner you like, move the photo studio over the family and there you have it - instant family photo, with little-to-no effort! You can even place decor in the scene for an added effect.

Furthermore, the addition of portable cameras doesn't require you to have any cheats active! Simply shuffle your Sims about and take as many photos as you want with as many Sims as you want - 1 or 100!"

Mad Poster
#84 Old 12th May 2015 at 10:00 PM
Wait. So moveobjects can move sims again!?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 12th May 2015 at 10:06 PM
I was being silly again. I thought it'd be obvious (SimGuruMartyr), but I should work on that.

I should make a blog called "Sim Solutions: Tacky solutions to missing mechanics!"

Mad Poster
#86 Old 12th May 2015 at 10:16 PM
*facepalm* duh. I even started my game up to see if it was true. I'm an idiot XD

Lab Assistant
#87 Old 13th May 2015 at 3:13 PM
I don’t understand, the Luxury Party Stuff is going to be only a stuff pack with objects, or all the stuff packs is sims 4 are going to have worlds and interactive objects like Outdoor Retreat? I hope at least for an aquarium, a Jacuzzi or a sauna, also for a billiard, and maybe some grand staircases. If it is only furniture, clothes and hair, I don’t want to buy it.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karamela131
I don’t understand, the Luxury Party Stuff is going to be only a stuff pack with objects, or all the stuff packs is sims 4 are going to have worlds and interactive objects like Outdoor Retreat? I hope at least for an aquarium, a Jacuzzi or a sauna, also for a billiard, and maybe some grand staircases. If it is only furniture, clothes and hair, I don’t want to buy it.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/TS4-SP01-announce

Looks like it'll be objects,hairstyles/clothing and two new gameplay objects for $10.00

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Field Researcher
#89 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:09 PM
Interesting. I don't know that I care enough about those particular types of objects to buy it, but I do like the pricing so much better than past stuff packs or the Sims 3 store.
Theorist
#90 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:10 PM
That pricing is what Stuff Packs should have been from the get go back in Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W

Looks like it'll be objects,hairstyles/clothing and two new gameplay objects for $10.00

Where did you find the $10.00 price? Am I blind?
Field Researcher
#92 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:42 PM
Here's another link that includes the price:

http://simsvip.com/2015/05/13/the-s...s-release-date/
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:47 PM
Aha, A banquet table that we have to pay for. The banquet table was a BASE GAME item in Sims 2 and Sims 3. Congrats EA, way to go. -.-
And BTW whatever happened to the toddlers?! We're nine months after the game release date... 'Nine' month would be a perfect opportunity/symbol to release them; instead of ripping our wallets off more.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Silly Merricat : 13th May 2015 at 7:32 PM.
I would suspect that at least the first expansion, the first game pack, and the first stuff pack were already in the works before the game even launched so I'm not surprised (nor do I think it's unreasonable) that they come before toddlers. Besides, adding toddlers in to a game that wasn't designed for them in the first place is a much bigger undertaking. If it is happening, it probably started being developed after launch and it's better if they take their time with them and get them right, than to rush them out in some kind of panic.
Scholar
#95 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:12 PM
Default The Banquet Table
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W

Well I am happy to hear about the banquet table. It will really make a difference in my community lots to have something that the Sims can eat. Unless I am understanding it wrong, it sounds as if appetizers will work something like the quick meals options on the fridges, and you can also add your own foods.
Scholar
#96 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:16 PM
Default Well Content Wise there are other things.
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Aha, A banquet table that we have to pay for. The banquet table was a BASE GAME item in Sims 2 and Sims 3. Congrats EA, way to go. -.-
And BTW whatever happened to the toddlers?! We're nine months after the game release date... 'Nine' month would be a perfect opportunity/symbol to release them; instead of ripping our wallets off more.

We different musical instruments, not just one, We got upper cabinets, We actually got a nice selection of clutters, gardening with fruits and vegetables right away, and quite a few other things that did not come in base games.
Forum Resident
#97 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
I would suspect that at least the first expansion, the first game pack, and the first stuff pack was already in the works before the game even launched so I'm not surprised (nor do I think it's unreasonable) that they come before toddlers. Besides, adding toddlers in to a game that wasn't designed for them in the first place is a much bigger undertaking. If it is happening, it probably started being developed after launch and it's better if they take their time with them and get them right, than to rush them out in some kind of panic.

Yeah, just because something is being released doesn't mean nothing else is being worked on. This stuff was likely way easier to develop and is ready and so they will release it. Big things like GTW could have been worked on before even the release of TS4. I imagine the team is split doing many things and are releasing things they feel are complete along with things they feel should be released on this or that date because of timing and stuff.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Theorist
#98 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:24 PM
Just letting you guys know, this is only digital download as well. So it seems as though Expansion Packs will be the only packs physically available for retail purchase.

Quote:
@SimsComplete Yes.The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff pack will be available by Digital Download only.

Source

Quote:
@Rudy8292 @adventfear The Stuff Pack has about the same number of objects as TS3 Stuff Packs, but it also includes 2 new gameplay objects

Source
Mad Poster
#99 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:53 PM
$10 is a very reasonable price. I'm actually shocked. It's too bad I don't particularly want this pack. My sims never throw parties and the only formal events they attend are weddings (and full wedding ceremonies are pretty rare in my game) so I wont have much use for this one :/

Mad Poster
#100 Old 13th May 2015 at 8:02 PM
These stuff packs definitely sound like a better deal than before.

I was hoping for something not party-related though.
Page 4 of 141