Replies: 56 (Who?), Viewed: 57486 times.
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 4:45 AM
Is the gray lot only in the new town (Bridgeport)? Or can it be in the other towns as well? I've looked in all three towns available on my game, and I cannot find a gray lot. I've also deleted all families from my game and all player-created Sims and families. The game still crashes when I try to play with a pre-made family in a pre-loaded house.

I read something about the gray lot pertaining to something I've binned myself; what does this mean? I don't know what "binning" means. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
Test Subject
#52 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 7:50 PM
ok, this is all great, but can i have a solution for mac?
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 2:34 AM
I have not been able to get any of these fixes to work with my game. I've tried adding the games to the DEP list. I've deleted the Ambitions community lots (none of them gray). I don't know what else to do. Can someone please help me?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 7:47 AM
Default Nothing's Working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diovarus
So you've just installed the new EP, whats the first thing you're gonna do? Probably the same thing I did: check out the new neighborhood map thingy, which you can do no problem, but just try and play it and the game crashes to the desktop.

all is not lost, heres a workaround for that problem.

1. in the new neighborhood (I forget the name) go into edit town mode.

2. you may notice a grey empty lot somewhere, the one in my game was down next the Plumbob Pictures Backlot. Bulldoze the lot.

I found this on internet after a long search and worked for me.
edit by me is a picture of the place of the grey lot.
Hope this will fix some errors by some people.

I just got Late Night, along with several other EPs during the recent sale. Whenver I'm in Bridgeport, I can play for a while (often several hours) but it will eventually crash. I have tried deleting the caches, removing the library folder (and then deleting the caches again), and searched all over for a grayed out lot. I do not have any custom content installed. Nothing has worked. This page (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ate_Night_Crash) suggests that I "rename The Sims 3 folders," so I renamed "Libraries/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3," but this created a new folder without any of my game history. Which folders am I supposed to rename?

Thank you!

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
One Minute Ninja'd
#55 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSimmer
I just got Late Night, along with several other EPs during the recent sale. Whenver I'm in Bridgeport, I can play for a while (often several hours) but it will eventually crash. I have tried deleting the caches, removing the library folder (and then deleting the caches again), and searched all over for a grayed out lot. I do not have any custom content installed. Nothing has worked. This page (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ate_Night_Crash) suggests that I "rename The Sims 3 folders," so I renamed "Libraries/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3," but this created a new folder without any of my game history. Which folders am I supposed to rename?

Thank you!

Eh, Err, your best bet for help would be posting over in the help section of this site. Lots have changed since LN was released and this old thread was started several years ago. Good luck.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 1:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
Eh, Err, your best bet for help would be posting over in the help section of this site. Lots have changed since LN was released and this old thread was started several years ago. Good luck.

Thank you!

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#57 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 1:30 AM
In addition: you renamed the right folder, the point of that test is to find out whether it's the game itself or your save which is at fault. And, frankly, if you can play for a few hours before it crashes... that's as good as it gets for many people - install twallan's Saver mod and count your blessings, would be my suggestion .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 3 of 3