Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:28 PM
Default Missing Sim Lane houses?
So I have the 8 in 1 version and when I installed all the old town houses were there fine, but all the houses and families in Sim Lane were missing. I tried to copy and paste TemplateUserData but they were still missing. Does anyone have a userdata that has them that I could use?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:33 PM
You're sure you're in Neighborhood 1? Neighborhood 1 has the familiar houses, Neighborhood 2 has the Mashugas and a few more empty houses, and all the other neighborhoods are empty in the loop, with the same Old Town.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:09 PM
Yup, it is neighbourhood 1, though I deleted it because Sim Lane was empty and someone said on the internet that copying the TemplateUserData and renaming it UserdData would fix this, but it didn't and Sim Lane is still empty.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 3:35 PM
That's odd, but not unheard of. Sometimes the game just has a mind of its own; if you're referring to the original Sim Lane houses and families, you can find them on Sim Echoes: http://simechoes.org/simechoes1/maxis/homes/homes.html

If you had any families, you can try -that is, if you have a copy-, copypasting your UserData/Houses and UserData/Characters folders and their contents over the new ones. Does 8 in 1 allow to install separately every expansion pack?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:54 PM
If this "8 in 1" being discussed is The Sims Complete Collection, then no it doesn't give options to install individual expansions, it just prompts for the next disc. If it's installed on a computer that already has another version of Sims 1 installed, then it leaves the neighborhood data that's already there and installs the additional content. At least this was my experience with installing Complete Collection on a computer that already had the base game and (IIRC) Livin' Large.