Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:17 AM
Default Who Hates Angela Pleasant?
I don't know what it is, but I cannot stand this girl. I don't think Maxis
intended it, but in my game, Lillith is good and Angela is a lying, manipulative, scheming witch. I constantly ruin her life because I just don't like her, what about all of you, what do you think of Angela?
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hungryhippo
I don't know what it is, but I cannot stand this girl. I don't think Maxis
intended it, but in my game, Lillith is good and Angela is a lying, manipulative, scheming witch. I constantly ruin her life because I just don't like her, what about all of you, what do you think of Angela?

I haven't played this family much as like I have played all of the Strangetown and RB Hills families. I don't really know. I have of course played them a little but I haven't studied them as much as for example the Curious brothers. I don't know their interests for example. And I don't remember their personality either.

Maybe Maxis made them like that on purpose. Maybe Maxis wanted to tell us that only because Lilith dresses in black, has got -20 chemistry with her parents and has a D or something it does not make her a bad person. I think they are trying to say that she is just misunderstood.
And only because Angela hasn't snogged with Dustin (as Lilith has done with Dirk) and she is dressing totally normal and has an A+ it doesn't mean that she has to be a nice person.
My ex-friend dressed very different from me (most of my clothes are black) and she had top grades all the time. But she turned out to be an asshole.
#3 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:33 AM
Yeah I donno Angela to me is like a little suck up goodygoody.
Why do her parents like her anyways. xD
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:41 AM
I have never, never played this family!.....hehehe......
#5 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:42 AM
Hmm wow..the first house I ever played in Sims2 was the Pleasant house LOL

In the first 5 minutes, dad was electrocuted making coffee and died. I had no clue about cheats at the time, so mom and the girls were all constantly exhausted, filthy, starving and poor...I got to know the Social Bunny and Therapist very well!

Angela ran away from home and never did hook up with Dustin...and yes, in retrospect, she was pretty whiney and annoying LOL

I've since deleted Pleasantville
#6 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:51 AM
I've only played them once. I remember as soon as their lot loaded, the parents and the girls looked like they wanted to kill each other. Not very pleasant after all, I guess.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 3:55 AM
Well, Angela does make really ugly babies. If that means anything.

I don't know. There was a whole drama with the Pleasant family. Daniel cheated for the majority of his marriage to Mary Sue, he has like seven or eight kids with different women. She finally caught him in the act shortly before they aged to elders. Angela was a little goody-goody until she went to college. It was probably her junior or senior year that she hooked up with Beau Broke and totally changed. She got a make over, she maxed out her creativity, and now I feel like she wants to own an art gallery to sell her own paintings (and Beau's).

However, Lilith is still my favorite twin to play. I felt like Lilith was just this misunderstood kid who was pissed off at her dad because he was cheating and pissed off at her mom because she didn't know about it. So when they divorced, and the girls came home from college, Lilith took Mary Sue's side, moved back into the family home, and cut off ties with her father. And Angela took Daniel's side and moved into his house (across the street!) to tend to him. And Lilith hates Angela for siding with Daniel and not their mom.

I guess that I prefer momma's girl over daddy's angel.
Alchemist
#8 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 4:04 AM
I love Lilith , but yes, Angela sucks. She never moved out of her house because she's lame, and died by getting hit by lightning. hehe
#9 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 5:49 AM
I hardly like any of the Maxis-made sims. I played the Pleasants when I first got the game, and in a few minutes a fight broke out between Angela and Lilith. I've never liked her-she seemed too perfect for me. I think she deserved to lose that fight.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 5:54 AM
Angela is alright. I mean she tries to be good, but we all know deep down she is bad. Dating Dustin Broke is bad. She had to date someone who is broke. LOL
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#11 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:05 AM
I don't really have a problem with Angela--the only one who bugs me is her dad. He strikes me as an absolutely scummy guy: leading on the maid, lying to his wife, and tearing apart his daughters' worlds. To me, it just seems like Angela's done a better job coping with her terrible family situation (or at least creating the appearance that she has) than Lillith.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:26 AM
Angela annoys me as well.
o.O
I aged her to elder and had her killed by flies..
xD
#13 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:31 AM
hmm thats odd..in my game, its Lilith that is always causing trouble. Not that I like Angela. im just sayin.
#14 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ErrorVirus
Angela annoys me as well.
o.O
I aged her to elder and had her killed by flies..
xD

:laugh: Thanks. I needed that.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:54 AM
i never play this family because in my game both of them are bad and are always attacking one another without a minute in between

#16 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 7:22 AM
I like both the twins! They create drama in a sim game, and that's always fun.
I had them sworn enemies until college... then they were forced to be roomies from lack of funds, and they became friends.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 11:04 AM
I dont like any of the Maxis characters. I deleted all the Maxis neighbourhoods and started my own (My game runs much quicker too!)

Call me Kay please :)
#18 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 11:52 AM
I'm not sure... I used inteen and they both gave birth to girls from Don Lathario

turns out the dad has the option to fight with the babies.. won't do it though (I don't condone child cruelty, I just wondered what'd happen)

lilith straight plonked the baby down on the floor but stayed, wanting to poke angela
angela gave the baby to Don and her dad (mum was at work) but wouldn't hold her herself, kept wanting to go watch TV. Selfish b***h. I mean I understand with her sister ("How DARE you have a baby at the same time as me with the same man, enemy?!") but her... grr...

she annoys me ¬_¬ priss.
#19 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:25 PM
To be honest, the Pleasant family are my least favourite family in Pleasantview.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:51 PM
I always found Angela extremely boring but I actually liked Lilith. But still... they were too boring for me (like almost all of the Maxis made sims) so I deleted the whole family =P.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissLynn22
Well, Angela does make really ugly babies. If that means anything.

I don't know. There was a whole drama with the Pleasant family. Daniel cheated for the majority of his marriage to Mary Sue, he has like seven or eight kids with different women. She finally caught him in the act shortly before they aged to elders. Angela was a little goody-goody until she went to college. It was probably her junior or senior year that she hooked up with Beau Broke and totally changed. She got a make over, she maxed out her creativity, and now I feel like she wants to own an art gallery to sell her own paintings (and Beau's).

However, Lilith is still my favorite twin to play. I felt like Lilith was just this misunderstood kid who was pissed off at her dad because he was cheating and pissed off at her mom because she didn't know about it. So when they divorced, and the girls came home from college, Lilith took Mary Sue's side, moved back into the family home, and cut off ties with her father. And Angela took Daniel's side and moved into his house (across the street!) to tend to him. And Lilith hates Angela for siding with Daniel and not their mom.

I guess that I prefer momma's girl over daddy's angel.

Well Granted, Daniel did suffer from his Dad not being to go on mars which didnt help him out mentally and his working wife was too busy trying to keep up with her name (Trying to be a good politician as a women is considered a mary sue trait) doesnt help him out. But Irony did strike in NL when his chemistry with Langerak went off since she was a family sim.
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 8:17 PM
It's the other sis that keeps kicking over my rubbish bins!

I don't know if the other is meant to be goody-goody (I don't follow the plots) but I do know I'd take a goody two-shoes over a gratuitously rude person any day.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:01 PM
They are kind of the "Mary-sues" of their personalities, Angelica is the traditional type of Mary-sue with overidealized standards and not to mention the rebellious/troubled boyfriend. Lilith however has a bigger Mary-sue side to her since she is the non-conformist and punk mary sue at the game time.
#24 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gyrobot
They are kind of the "Mary-sues" of their personalities, Angelica is the traditional type of Mary-sue with overidealized standards and not to mention the rebellious/troubled boyfriend. Lilith however has a bigger Mary-sue side to her since she is the non-conformist and punk mary sue at the game time.

I don't really think that maxis named the mother Mary-Sue because they wanted her to be a "Mary-Sue" and I don't think the maxis creators even knows what a Mary-Sue is.
I would say that the term Mary-Sue is for written fiction and movies. I haven't found many Mary-Sues in the sims but I would say Don Lothario is one. He can make Cassandra believe he is a nice, caring guy and he can just seem too perfect. He is a surgeon (or something like that), he looks so good and he can make everyone think that he is a serious guy.
I hate how the word Mary-Sue is used on women and women are easier considered Mary-Sues than men. But I think there are some seriously annoying female characters in fiction. Ginny Weasley for example.
#25 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 11:07 PM
I dont really care for that family at all.
Page 1 of 6