Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 4:17 PM
Default Apartment Life Patch 2
Just to let you all know this is out:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=305080
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 5:28 PM
I knew this would happen.
Does that mean there was faults with patch 1?
Or just extra stuff that gets fixed?

thanks sim
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist_
I knew this would happen.
Does that mean there was faults with patch 1?
Or just extra stuff that gets fixed?

thanks sim

It looks like it's just extra fixes.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 9:22 PM
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 9:29 PM
interesting.. Im not quite sure if i should use this patch as well :[

btw what is "Write Restaurant Guide’ option is now available on computers in apartment lots."? Ive never seen that guide o_o
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 9:30 PM
Kudos for the 2nd patch, but as usual none of the fixes would matter in my game
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
btw what is "Write Restaurant Guide’ option is now available on computers in apartment lots."? Ive never seen that guide o_o

Free Time aspiration reward, for Popularity sims. I think it's either the last or second last on the reward tree. Your sim can write a restaurant guide and get paid for it. Kind of like writing a novel except you don't get a book delivered.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 10:24 PM
I wish they would fix the flaw of the butler accepting grocery deliveries and then promptly taking them to the elevator never to be seen again.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 2:11 AM
STILL does not fix the problem of having custom secret vacation lots in the university lot bin
#10 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 3:23 AM
uh does the closets still not work for anyone? Or is just my game?
#11 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 3:41 AM
Excellent, the fixed the dream date pick-up objects outside the apartments. That one was a major annoyance. I built a family I haven't played since the dream date drop off gift was delivered. So annoying.
Scholar
#12 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BitterSweetNoodles
uh does the closets still not work for anyone? Or is just my game?

What's wrong with your closets? Mine work.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 4:21 AM
I got it just for the fix that lets you greet guests before they ring the doorbell. That was driving me crazy!

Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 4:39 AM
Daisie, me too! Man that was so annoying.

Grab more of my houses and sims @ LL30 & LJ
Random sim pics - Bits & BobsLivingSims
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 2:48 PM
Bittersweetnoodles, I don't know if your problem is the same as mine, but my sims can't use the built-in closets in my game either; no options what-so-ever. Nothing! Waste of dang space.
Alchemist
#16 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coko
Bittersweetnoodles, I don't know if your problem is the same as mine, but my sims can't use the built-in closets in my game either; no options what-so-ever. Nothing! Waste of dang space.

I think you guys have a conflict somewhere, my closets have always worked
#17 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 4:12 PM
With the closets, I only get the options of make a baby, woohoo, and change into work clothes. Is there something that I'm supposed to do or is it just a mistake on their part?
#18 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 5:02 PM
My closets have always worked fine. My game is unpatched, I do have the Director's Cut from Pescado at MATY in and that's it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 6:19 PM
For those people with nonfunctioning closets, the simple test is to put your Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2 folder on the desktop. Start the game and it will load with new hoods and no custom content. If your closets work then, it shows that something in your Downloads is causing this.
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem
#20 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 8:59 AM
Let me save you some time, took me forever to find the problem :/, it’s a problem with Squinge Pregnant wear anything hack. - He’s fixed it though. Find the updated hack here:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=91730
#21 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 6:33 PM
Regarding the greet does that mean they don't go downstairs before your sim greets them?That's the problem I'm having.

I haven't installed it yet there's all kind of post on the bbs that it's like the first freetime patch and makes the game unplayable.

If I do decide to install do I need to install the first patch also or is it combined with this one?
#22 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 3:57 AM
The Restaurant Guide is a reward for Pleasure Aspiration Sims. I've never really played much with the Pleasure Aspiration, so I'm doing it now to see how the whole thing works. Off topic, fifty first dates as a LTA, aggghhh! That shan't get filled!
#23 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:43 AM
Does anyone else has the problem that the patch seemingly borked the text for the reputation perks? I keep getting the '$Nameparameter' text instead of the actual name of my sim, and I haven't added any new hacks since the first patch (Which worked fine with what I have)
#24 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxshine
Does anyone else has the problem that the patch seemingly borked the text for the reputation perks? I keep getting the '$Nameparameter' text instead of the actual name of my sim, and I haven't added any new hacks since the first patch (Which worked fine with what I have)

Yes that's happen to a few people but it started on the first patch so I don't guess it's been fixed.

I want to dl this patch bad but I've been reading that it's made the game unplayable by a lot of people.If they wouldn't use securom when they make these patches those problems would be non exisitent.When will they ever learn?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Yes that's happen to a few people but it started on the first patch so I don't guess it's been fixed.

actually i get that in my game, and i haven't patched it yet.

does anyone have any issues with decoration/misc? if i go to a certain page (the 3rd) my game immediatly crashes, with "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." that error. =_=
it happened after i installed AL, and i had nothing in my dls folder...

Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: Please don't wake the zombies
Page 1 of 2