Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1926 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 9:38 PM
I currently have 50,302 package files in my game probably need to clean a bit, huh. 21.5 GB
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1927 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 10:49 PM
I try my best to keep it as lean as possible. Most of my mods are quality of life improvements (like the Pet Away sign) and bug fixes.

~ 66 MB if I recall
Mad Poster
#1928 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 12:52 AM
66MB? I don't know how you do it. I'd go mad without all of my recolours.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Alchemist
#1929 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 1:00 AM
I've just done a major overall, going through and removing everything that isn't actually used in the current hood and I have just that one hood in the current game folder (I use separate game folders for different types of play), so now the Downloads folder is just under 1GB. I could probably trim a bit more.
Alchemist
#1930 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 9:15 PM
Just spent the day trying to cut down on my running tabs in Chrome (it's been fluctuating between 50 and 90 for about two weeks now, ) and now my download folder is up to 21.8. I've got 8 GB is just for clothes and hair! All you simmers with your 1 GB this and MB that, you've all got some magical willpowers.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#1931 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 4:11 PM
@Phantomknight -You should see what's in my game if you think you're bad for having CC and hacks in your game.My fridge menu for mealtimes is insane because I've got tons of custom foods and a breakfast anytime hack from here in my game.That's just one of many hacks installed.My buy mode catalog is no better than the fridge with the tons of meal options.
I went a bit crazy with custom foods not needing any cooking skill or a stove to help newbies without any cooking skill to be able to have more options for dinner than instant meal drinks after having sims almost starve overnight because I could have them eat dinner before OFB because they could't fix any dinner.
Scholar
#1932 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 5:48 PM
14.6 GB. Not sure how it rose that high, and probably explains why my Sims can't go to commercial lots or drive to work any more (they have to walk - but oddly schools are not affected). 50/50 didn't fix the problem because even after removing all clashing mods, both halves of the 50/50 displayed the same problem. I need to do some more thinking on this matter...
Lab Assistant
#1933 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 9:27 PM
IDK but counting the hacks, clothing replacements, CC and food mods I have 698 .package files
Mad Poster
#1934 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 10:54 PM
Not counting the stuff in the Program Files folder, my Downloads folder is currently 32,904 files taking up just under 9.5 Gb. Roughly 2300 of those files are mods.
Theorist
#1935 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 11:47 AM
Playing the game on a fresh install from earlier this year, on a custom gaming desktop with an SSD.

My Main game: 7.51GB and it loads in about 23 seconds give or take (with all cache deletions and newly added content it's closer to 30 seconds) from launch to 'hood. Lots load in seconds as well.

My Research Station game : 1.84GB and it loads almost instantly (with or without cache deletion).

So yeah, no complaints.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#1936 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 12:26 PM
21400 files
1172 folders
3,95 gb

... how can that be possible?

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Forum Resident
#1937 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 2:01 PM
When peoples downloads folder is bigger than the game itself. That's a life evaluating moment.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1938 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
When peoples downloads folder is bigger than the game itself. That's a life evaluating moment.
*simsample evaluates life*
*simsample boots Sims 2*
Mad Poster
#1939 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 4:53 AM
I've managed to add tons more CC to my game and still haven't had trouble loading it yet although I have some cleaning up to do on my computer's hard drive with the help of 7zip and some external storage.
Test Subject
#1940 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 6:50 PM
Somewhere on 8GB
Field Researcher
#1941 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightlight
21400 files
1172 folders
3,95 gb

... how can that be possible?

I did some cleaning:

20623 files
1160 folders
3,84 gb

It's still a bit too much (I'm on a laptop).

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Forum Resident
#1942 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 9:29 PM
My downloads folder is 1.94 GB. It contains 4,428 files and 677 folders.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
#1943 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder

If your downloads folder isn't bigger than the game you aren't a real simmer!!!!11
*cough*jk*cough*notcovid*cough*

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#1944 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 4:45 PM
@Pideli -I strongly suspect my downloads folder has well over 10000 files and that was the last time I counted the files a few years ago and tons more has gooten in there since then.I've got one of the most Mod and CC laden games of all and it still loads like it's a vanilla game without and content installed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1945 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 6:04 PM
Tad, I beat you!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1946 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 10:42 PM
Wow, my folder has 11 300 files and it's 4.30 GB. Yours has more than thrice as many files but is less than twice as big. How did you do that @simsample ?

I've read briefly people talking about compressorizing so I assume it's that, but wouldn't you lose quality? What do you even use?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1947 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 10:45 PM
Nah, I don't bother compressing (unless the creator already compressed), I figure the game then has to decompress, and hard drive space is no issue. Most of my downloads are mods or objects, I don't have that many retextures and I'm choosy about clothes and hair (only the most silly go in my game). So that's probably why my filesizes are quite small.
Top Secret Researcher
#1948 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 10:55 PM
Ah, that explains it. Mine is heavy with hairs and clothes. Mostly female hairs though.

Would be interesting to hear how people's downloads are divided... like how many hacks people have in comparison to objects or clothes or hair... Not sure if I have more or fewer hacks than most simmers. I have 313 files in my hacks folder (but many of them are .txt files) and it's 9 MB. And some hacks are in defaults (I think the line between a hack and a default is blurry so not sure how to count them )

Mad Poster
#1949 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 11:28 PM
My biggest folder is Furniture (Buy objects). It has 2/3 of all files in Downloads.
Mad Poster
#1950 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
If your downloads folder isn't bigger than the game you aren't a real simmer!!!!

If you don't like red hands and can't dance the smustle, you aren't a real Sim!!!!
[Sorry to go so off-topic -- but I couldn't resist it!]

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 78 of 81