Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#101 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
@Pelouse: There is a mod to drain away leakage water, pee puddles, rain puddles and the likes. It's a drain (duh) available here on MTS, somewhere... Let me go have a look where it was again...

But if she installs that drain mod, then how are her witches going to practice their Aqua Deletus spells?

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I do not have such a big problem with my Sims keeping their friends. Regular outings just for fun and a number of small house parties seem to do the trick.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that it's a royal pain to keep friends; it's just that merely calling them on the phone can be so ineffective. The "Are we still friends?" nags are a hassle when they start coming six or eight at a time, but you still have a few days before the naggy Sims fall below the Friendship threshold, so you still have plenty of time for some quick Relationship fixes. It's not so hard, though; on the contrary, it can even be dead simple for Romance Sims or Popularity Sims with 10 Charisma points. Like Carmilla back there (again). "Okay, who's first on the list? Call Matthew, Date at Maple Springs, WooHoo in the hot tub, go home. Next! Call Marienne, Date at Maple Springs, WooHoo in the clothes booth, go home. Next! Call Dina Caliente, Date at Maple Springs...."

Unfortunately, WooHoo is one of the few things which can drag down a vampire's Energy. That's why Carmilla keeps plenty of pepper punch in the juicers back at her manor.
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:10 AM Last edited by BoilingOil : 10th Dec 2015 at 11:37 AM.
One would ofcourse only place a drain on lots where the leakage is a problem. If there are witches around to make the puddles disappear, there would be no complaints of puddles

Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
<...snip...> it's just that merely calling them on the phone can be so ineffective.

I mention one mod: Pescado's Phonehack, availble from MATY. Oh, and maybe I will mention my own Phone Hack fix as well... :D
Inventor
#103 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:12 AM
Yeah, we seem to be talking about an organized series of thoughts here. Not so "random," are they?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#104 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:13 AM
One floor drain http://modthesims.info/d/210454

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#105 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:15 AM
That is what my links about drains lead to as well, Jo

Yeah, we seem to be talking about an organized series of thoughts here. Not so "random," are they?

That is not my problem... My problem is that all posts made after my last post, are invisible to me. So I must first write a dummy post to see what people have written after me. But it happens ONLY in THIS thread...
Inventor
#106 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:17 AM
You know how PlantSims have a Water need? Wouldn't it be great if they could help with the puddles? "You look pretty thirsty, Amaryllis! There you go: a huge puddle from a broken communal shower. Go roll around in it, maybe soak it all up." .
Scholar
#107 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:23 AM
Plantsims are my favorite kind of sims. I know all about their very few needs But I wouldn't want my dearest :lovestruc herbiform :lovestruc girlies :lovestruc to lie around in those filthy puddles. They deserve better.

Instructor
#108 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:25 AM
Are the Sims taking the showers Sloppy? That's just one of a Sloppy Sim's drawbacks. The only way to stop the shower water from spilling around the shower room is to somehow make the Sim not Sloppy.

But Sloppy Sims can also save time by using the shower to satisfying their Bladder Need along with their Hygiene Need...peeing in the shower, you know? So they're not all bad.

(...but maybe that's why the shower overflows. Ew.)

Yep, she's a slob (only 1 neat point I think) so that explains it.

@Pelouse: Pizzatron-9000 is right about the cause of the puddles. But there is a mod to drain away leakage water, pee puddles, rain puddles and the likes. It's a drain (duh) available here on MTS, somewhere... Let me go have a look where it was again...

ETA: Yeah, HERE it is!
And there's an invisible recolor for it here. That should do, right?

That's perfect, thank you!!
Mad Poster
#109 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 2:10 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 10th Dec 2015 at 2:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Maybe some of you devotees of Pooklet can "sell" her hair colours to me. Why are they so good?

There are plenty of people who don't like pooklet, and don't use it, and if you're not a Pooklet person then you're not. It's a matter of taste, really. Nothing wrong with not liking Pooklet, we should all use what we enjoy

But here's why I personally prefer pooklet. I placed it under spoiler because it ended up being quite long.

Quote: Originally posted by Pelouse
The lights are BRIGHT! Were they always this bright? In TS3 and TS4 you need 3 or 4 lights per room just to get decent lighting - in TS2 I find myself having one light per room and even that's too much sometimes (right now I play with most of the lights off because I don't like how saturated everything becomes when they're on, lol).

Amen to that. In the past, I was constantly bugged by the darkness, and then it occurred to me I had Radiance installed, and that alters how lights light the room, making it more realistic. I removed it, and woho light. For regular playing, I love it, but as soon as I want to take a picture that saturation becomes obnoxious. I noticed it especially when taking screenshots for my recent hair uploads, the blond recolors kind of faded into the skintone because of it, and it became hard to see. Too much light, no good!

But if you're bothered by it, you could have a look at Radiance. Found here, can be installed automatically when installing Scriptorium.

As for the puddle thing, I like some Sims making a mess, but it does get tiresome to mop up water sometimes. The drain BO linked is great, but if you don't like how it looks, there's also this set of bathmats by MogHughson. Unlike the Maxis-made bathmats, they actually absorb water. I use those, or the drain, depending on what I think suits the bathroom in question

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#110 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 2:41 PM
Plantsims are my favorite kind of sims. I know all about their very few needs But I wouldn't want my dearest :lovestruc herbiform :lovestruc girlies :lovestruc to lie around in those filthy puddles. They deserve better.

Four of them together, all lesbians... the two with dark brown hair are a mother and her daughter[/spoiler]

I love that nymph leaf clothing (or at least I did once I'd added sexy feet to it) and they're so pretty!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#111 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 8:05 PM
That is what my links about drains lead to as well, Jo

That is not my problem... My problem is that all posts made after my last post, are invisible to me. So I must first write a dummy post to see what people have written after me. But it happens ONLY in THIS thread...

@BoilingOil Once more I must have missed your post, probably you linked to it back over the page. If I had seen your link I would not have posted it.

You are also experiencing the Classic vs Bootstrap war. Often if someone on Bootstrap posts I do not see the post until I post or I get up another page in Bootstrap. because I'm on Classic. No doubt some folks on Bootstrap also have this when someone on Classic posts. Why not change? Classic is far kinder on my eyes and I simply prefer it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#112 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 8:32 PM
What if there was a community project to make a neighborhood or vacation destination inspired by real-world locations? Some people could do the map making, lot building, neighborhood decoration, custom animations (e.g. wasn't there a simmer who made surfing possible?), cc clothes making, cc furniture making and cc food. Whichever they feel best in. If there was a poll, I don't know what location would win. And then you'll probably have to decide what era to make it (e.g. medieval is very popular).
Mad Poster
#113 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 8:45 PM
I have the same problem, BoilingOil. Try the next day: waiting, with a computer reboot, usually does it for me. Don't worry, it won't always be this thread, but there always seem to be one or two after I post that I can't see other folks following posts in. I know I'm occasionally guilty of posting to see posts--especially in troubleshooting, and I think I've seen Jo say she does also.
I also use Classic, again because of eyes. I get headaches from Bootstrap. I gather Bootstrap is easier for our Gracious Hosts to maintain here, but I very much appreciate still having Classic available. My eyes aren't as young as they used to be.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#114 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You are also experiencing the Classic vs Bootstrap war. Often if someone on Bootstrap posts I do not see the post until I post or I get up another page in Bootstrap. because I'm on Classic. No doubt some folks on Bootstrap also have this when someone on Classic posts. Why not change? Classic is far kinder on my eyes and I simply prefer it.

Is *that* what it is??? Yeah, I like classic much, much better. I actually still don't understand why the powers ever thought it was a good idea to deprecate that theme and push that newfangled monster of horror upon us. It looks aweful and I hate it. In classic mode I can find everything I'm looking for; in bootstrap I cannot!

Ok, so the classic theme will not be updated in the future... So what? It works, doesn't it? I don't need it updated. I hate change. I'm an autist and prefer stability!
Inventor
#115 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:26 PM

Heh! It's funny that you should mention them, seeing as one of my newest University households is a quartet of scantilly clad, natural Nature lovers earmarked as potential future PlantSims. Naturally, I used four of Enayla's Pixie skins on them to suit.

(Lark Wolfwold, Dawn Weedley, Pixie Meadows and Oaken Creekbottom, respectively.)

Unlike your charming band there, 1) two of my band are male, and 2) I went the bisexual route, with each one loving (and flirting with, hugging, kissing, making out with and ultimately WooHooing) each of the other three. Free love rules! :lovestruc

Of course, there may still be a bit for me to work on. If I can't PlantSimify them the "natural" way, there's always the Sim Transformer. As for the bisexuality, if my fiddlings with the Sim Blender have taught me anything, it's that TS2 recognizes three types of bisexuality: Perfect bisexuality, and two types of "bi-curious" (bisexual with heterosexual leanings, and bisexual with homosexual leanings).

Yes, it's Carmilla again. Sue me. .

As you can see, Carmilla has attained a state of perfect bisexuality: She has had (and still has) lovers from both sexes, she can Scope the room and all high-Chemistry Sims will start glowing regardless of their sex, and she'll assign "lightning bolt" ratings to any high-Chemistry or low-Chemistry Sims she interacts with, men and women alike. If her Relationships menu is to believed, she has max hots for both Mortimer Goth and Tiffany Zarubin (which is kind of odd; I don't recall selecting gray hair as one of her turn-ons). :lovestruc

But Pixie and Company haven't quite come to that state; they're all the "heterosexual bi-curious" sort, probably because with their lovers limited to each other at present, each one has two hetero relationships and one homo relationship...a 2-to-1 ratio. Lark will still look at Oaken and get that "twinkly hearts around Oaken's head" thought bubble, but he's not quite able to gauge Oaken's Chemistry with him just yet. The reverse is true, as are relations between Pixie and Dawn. But the girls have no problem assigning two or three lightning bolts to each of the boys, and vice-versa. I'll probably have to coax them all into enticing new same-sex romances outside their quartet if I want them to truly swing both ways.

Or is the formula for calculating Simmy sexual preference more complicated than "(opposite-sex Loves + [opposite-sex Crushes x 0.5]) [< = >] [same-sex Loves + [same-sex Crushes x 0.5])" or whatever?

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I love that nymph leaf clothing (or at least I did once I'd added sexy feet to it) and they're so pretty!

...you mean like this?

They're pretty, all right! Thanks again for sharing those outfits with me. Those invisible high heels were so annoying! And replacing BlockFeet with SexyFeet is always a pleasant bonus. SexyFeet toes can even bend! :lovestruc

(Also, there's that BoilingOil mod that I was talking about. No Sims Loaded, right? )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#116 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:40 PM
The only place I actually like Bootstrap better is on downloads since the pictures show up larger. Looking at the forum on Bootstrap I find it hard to see. It kind of blurs and I have to look hard to actually read the titles. Yes I should be wearing my glasses but on Classic I can read the same forum easily without my glasses. I hate wearing glasses they make my nose sore. The text is larger and the black and grey is more restful then all that blue.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#117 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 10:01 PM
@Pizzatron-9000: I'm not a big fan of the pixie skins; they seem somewhat unnatural to me, with the totally non-functional asymmetrical 'tattoos'. But to each their own, of course. Apart from that, you have a cute bunch there.

I've never given much thought to the sexyfeet issue. But now I see that I may need to think about it a bit more.

And yes, that popup in the top right-corner, that is indeed No Sim Loaded in action. Keeps the game clean!

I hate wearing glasses they make my nose sore. The text is larger and the black and grey is more restful then all that blue.

Maybe your glasses weigh too much. I've had glasses that caused my nose bridge to get sore, and then I'd get headaches. I often had to put that pair away and replace it with an older pair, just to get some relief. Then I found out that the hurtful pair weighed 50% more! Now I have huge, very thin glasses with a titanium frame. It weighs next to nothing and I have no trouble at all!
For reference, my current pair weighs 18 grams (0.63 oz), the *heavy* pair weighs 26 grams (0.91 oz) What a difference a few grams can make...

As for picture sizes... I have a 24" monitor (1920x1200), so "small" pictures hardly exist for me
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#118 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 10:32 PM
I hate sexy feet. To me they look all wrong especially on toddlers. I know I've said it before but toddlers have short fat feet not skinny arched feet. Not that I really like Maxis block feet either, I wish there was another type of cc feet out there not just Blooms. Probably more so since I don't have skinny arched feet myself, but great big slabs of meat. My father used to joke he should sign me up for the police force. <_< I'm 5foot 3 and wear a 91/2 to a 10 shoe.

I don't think my glasses weigh much they have a wire frame, I think it's my unsymmetrical face.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 12:07 AM
I came to the realization after playing Sims 4 for a bit that Sims 2 is the only game I pay the premades on O.o dont know why its just the only game I don't make my own sims to play as.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#120 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 12:25 AM
I mention one mod: Pescado's Phonehack, availble from MATY. Oh, and maybe I will mention my own Phone Hack fix as well... :D
Could you give us a link to that fix? I tried Pescado's Phonehack a few weeks ago, but it didn't work for me. My Sims couldn't make outgoing calls at all. I think I must have an unusual configuration, because there are a few popular hacks that don't work for me. It's maybe is because I have NL and OFB but don't have University.

I'd like to try your fix in the (faint) hope that it fixes whatever is stopping that hack working for me. My Sims and I are getting fed up with those nagging calls. Why can't their friends just ring up for a chat instead of complaining?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#121 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Could you give us a link to that fix? I tried Pescado's Phonehack a few weeks ago, but it didn't work for me. My Sims couldn't make outgoing calls at all. I think I must have an unusual configuration, because there are a few popular hacks that don't work for me. It's maybe is because I have NL and OFB but don't have University.

I'd like to try your fix in the (faint) hope that it fixes whatever is stopping that hack working for me. My Sims and I are getting fed up with those nagging calls. Why can't their friends just ring up for a chat instead of complaining?

From what you're describing, I don't think my fix well help you with the current problem. I'm wondering if you have the right version of Pescado's mod. Not having University isn't an issue, but if you have a version that is made for later EPs than OFB, that might be the reason it's not working at all.

Anyway, just on the off chance that my fix DOES help (which I really hope for you), here's the link... BO - PhoneCheck Fix. Good luck, @AndrewGloria :D
Mad Poster
#122 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 2:38 AM
I hate sexy feet. To me they look all wrong especially on toddlers. I know I've said it before but toddlers have short fat feet not skinny arched feet. Not that I really like Maxis block feet either, I wish there was another type of cc feet out there not just Blooms. Probably more so since I don't have skinny arched feet myself, but great big slabs of meat. My father used to joke he should sign me up for the police force. <_< I'm 5foot 3 and wear a 91/2 to a 10 shoe.

I actually find the toddler sexy feet more short and fat than the adult ones.

There is another set of feet by Marvine, but I've only seen them on outfits and couldn't find a direct link to the feet. I don't like them; I picked the sexy feet versions, but that might mean that you do like them as they were too squashed and flat looking for me.

https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=434949
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#123 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 3:02 AM
I have that in my medieval game but no clue what feet i have.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#124 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 5:55 AM
Has TumaSims (whom I keep trying to read as "TunaSims"...stupid brain) said why they deleted the old random thread?

As for my randomness, I was recently reminded that the game can sometimes make you pay for not fully thinking things through--in this case about names.

*Makes a hobby sim playable because he's the only one in the hood with enough bolts for a relationship with X sim*
"Okay, let's see..'Dickson Miguel'...surname's fine but 'Dickson?' Okay, let's just take off the -son...okay, you are now simply 'Dick Miguel'."
*Several sim-years pass, during which Dick gets married and has kids*
*Going through the household, trying to keep aspirations up*
"Okay, the toddler requires some wants fulfilled, let's see...oh, here's one with your daddy..."
--game--"Be tickled by Dick"
--me-- 0 _____________ 0
Inventor
#125 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 6:09 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 11th Dec 2015 at 6:27 AM.
@Pizzatron-9000: I'm not a big fan of the pixie skins; they seem somewhat unnatural to me, with the totally non-functional asymmetrical 'tattoos'. But to each their own, of course. Apart from that, you have a cute bunch there.

Ah, thanky.

Some of the skin patterns might not befit "regular human" Sims very well, but skins like Pixie Flirt and Pixie Glow do; they just add blushing, moles or nevuses, wine spots, beauty marks and other typical skin features, along with skin tones which can be found among humankind. And then you have the others, like Pixie Nymph (Pixie's skin), Pixie Forests (Oaken's skin) and Pixie Winter (Gerda Hoarlight's skin), which are best reserved for your supernatural or supernaturally earmarked Sims (like Pixie, Oaken and Gerda are).

I myself appreciate Enayla's variety and versatility, and I love the attention to detail shown in her skins. But, like you said, to each their own.

Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
Has TumaSims (whom I keep trying to read as "TunaSims"...stupid brain) said why they deleted the old random thread?

No reason that I could see; the comments that he didn't delete don't say much. Maybe the husk of the deleted thread is way back on Page 23 of the Sims 2 forum, he stated his reason for the deletion there and we simply haven't found it yet.

The only times when I've ever seen someone mass-delete most or all of their own comments like that is after they've had some huge, explosive grievance with a forum site's staff or the site itself, so they go all ballistic and "RARRGH, I hate you all and I wish I was never here!" and all. Here's hoping that that's not what happened with TumaSims; I was actually thinking of asking him about setting up a Simblr so I can host my houses, dorms and other creations for download. Failing that, perhaps I can ask Snufflepaws about Wordpress hosting instead. I like her Wordpress site.
Page 5 of 511