Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 3:46 PM
Default Semi-Open World
With an apartment system, you can pretty much set a semi-open world by building multiple apartment units in seperate houses and fencing them around...

It's a shame and pity that City Living doesn't have that, since you have to suffer a loading screen to visit your neighbhors How pathetic!

#ShamelesslyPrasingTS2
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:09 PM
Yeah - but sadly a maximum of 4 families.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:30 PM
Yep, and pretty much what I've done/built a while ago...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:56 PM
Yeah TS2 has much better apartments, for example I’m able to edit large Maxis houses and rearrange them into apartments, for example this one I edited several months ago (it has 9 apartments inside). I moved it into a uni subhood.

Apartments in TS4 being confined to certain buildings in only one world is a joke for me, and completely useless – I don’t like city scenery, I prefer forests, villages etc., so I wouldn’t want to force my sims to live in a city just to experience apartments. TS4 is clearly the worst with respect to customisation.

As for several houses on a single lot, I think I’ll try it at some point, looks interesting. It’ll be very laggy though, because it’ll have to be a large lot, and I’m going to put a huge amount of plants there like always :P

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:56 PM
But many lots of four families. It's a shame we are limited to 6x6 lots! I am tempted to try it for a small hood.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:05 PM
Looking at your beautiful pictures Voeille, I understand your love for plants, and the idea you get that a large lot would be laggy to play! On top of all your flora type uploads!!!
I did not notice lag though, on my lot. It is built on the biggest lot yes, but as you could see..not much flora, mostly because I am not good at landscaping in this game.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:15 PM
That is gorgeous! I admire and envy your talent, Voeille.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Scholar
#8 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:42 PM
Thank you I wouldn’t call it talent though, I just sort of click around and end up with a garden And I put plenty of plants even on desert lots; recently I’ve been playing with Ophelia Nigmos and Johnny Smith, they only have two plants because they couldn’t afford a garden, and the gameplay there is really smooth. However, recently they got some money from getting promoted and a chance card, so I guess I’ll have to say bye to smooth gameplay on their lot
But well, I’ll try to at least slightly reduce the amount of plants while building on the biggest lot, I don’t want to create something unplayable.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I just sort of click around and end up with a garden

That's what talent is!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 7:46 PM
But I believe you can have 4 playable families, while the rest ∞ are just towny sims.... (please correctly me If I'm wrong)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
That's what talent is!

I completely agree... one of the skills that I work hardest at, despite the fact that it seems like it should be easy, is being able to deliberately place things "randomly." Usually this is with plant life, but it also comes in handy with abandoned locations, or places that are just meant to look cluttered and disorganized. Deliberate randomness is deceptively hard.

And I'd like to think that a few of my lots manage to at least be kind of in the direction of TS2 "open world" gameplay... My Inequality District, Hallelujah Square, and Westfall Kingdom lots are all at least supposed to be a community or at least an entire city block, rather than just a single building or home. They still fall victim to many of the problems people have floated already, but I try for a bit more than just a normal household from time to time!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
But I believe you can have 4 playable families, while the rest ∞ are just towny sims.... (please correctly me If I'm wrong)

You are right indeed. (+ add what PlatinumPlumbbob said)
But what's fun is that even though they aren't playables, your playable can still visit them in their unit, be it apartments or houses.
This is why I love building those, and play apartment lots, more than residential ones.
And you must like that too, since you started this thread! ahah!

Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:49 PM
Oh I went outside once. The graphics were good, but there was people.

Scholar
#17 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:52 PM
I read somewhere that apartment limit is 128 (or 127, I don’t remember if it it was 2^7 or 2^7 - 1, if you exceed that, the info showing the amount of apartments will show -128 because it’ll make the counter cycle again; it was somewhere on simswiki I think).

Simblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Just walk outside your room right now, and look at the world around you. That is a true open world. YOU are a Sim. Now, go out and live your own life.

Nah, you can't kill people.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:01 PM
A hundred and twenty eight AL doors????? or sims? Ouch..I hope it is the sims themselves, limit

Though I found this :
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...rtment_Limit.3F

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Want an open world that is not pixelated and people doing cool things? Just walk outside your room right now, and look at the world around you. That is a true open world. YOU are a Sim. Now, go out and live your own life. Though, don't expect that there is a plumbbob or invisible hand directing you to do stuff.

Don't see how's that relavent, but ok... *scratches head*
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yep, and pretty much what I've done/built a while ago...

This is really very cool, Rosebine.

But, having two garages/parking spaces in the same apartment lot don't cause some problems? Once I created an apartment lot with two garages for separated apartments and it don't went well, the car of the playable family got stuck into the neighbor parking space and I was unable to move it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 1:14 AM
That's what I was after when I built my gated community. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=533994 houses down a road, with a shop and playground area like a small modern estate. Main trouble is the lag. I can't imagine how bad it would be on an even larger lot or with more sims. Nice for those with super computers. Next time I do a road with houses I am going to make it a lot smaller.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2