Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 8:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashing on a brand new pc
So I moved to brand new pc today, I installed the game, fixed my resolution, did the graphic rules maker thingy, installed 4 GB patch properly (now having enough ram for this).
Clean game with only these stuff done + with CEP installed = loaded fine.
But then I added my mods and cc I used before, also installed MM lightning mod by dreadpirate and clean ui, made objects.package files all read-only, also brought my neighborhood back. Also downloaded some cc I wanted to download before, and updated some mods.
Game crashed at first loading screen.
Not really sure why it crashed, it might be from some stuff I downloaded today (or maybe stuff I moved from my old pc got somehow corrupted? (because when I wanted to open fraps which files I also had on this remote hard drive, I got error saying files got corrupted)
Or maybe integrated graphics card can't handle amount of cc I want to play with? (I will try 50/50 method with cc if nothing else is actually issue, just need to make sure before doing that)
My specs are:
Processor and graphics card: amd ryzen 3 3200g with radeon vega graphics (integrated)
16GB ram
Motherboard: MSI b450m mortar max (ms-7b89)
Drive: HyperX Savage 240GB 2,5" (SHSS37A240G)
Also included log and exception files.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DESKTOP-VT15VHS-config-log.txt (10.2 KB, 5 downloads)
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2020.08.08 20.26.15.txt (12.8 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 9:59 PM
Quote:
But then I added my mods and cc I used before, also installed MM lightning mod by dreadpirate and clean ui, made objects.package files all read-only, also brought my neighborhood back. Also downloaded some cc I wanted to download before, and updated some mods.

Did you test between each step? Chances are it's a mod, the lighting hack. the neighborhoods, the updated mods clashing with something...

... or maybe you just need to delete the cache files because they hate when you add a lot of stuff and there's already something saved in them. Could potentially be something similar with thumbnail caches (but don't delete those unless you absolutely have to).
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Did you test between each step? Chances are it's a mod, the lighting hack. the neighborhoods, the updated mods clashing with something...

... or maybe you just need to delete the cache files because they hate when you add a lot of stuff and there's already something saved in them. Could potentially be something similar with thumbnail caches (but don't delete those unless you absolutely have to).

I didn't test between each of those steps unfortunately.
As for cache files - I delete them after closing the game every time.
I'm not going to test it out today, because it's quite late here (11 pm), but tomorrow I'll focus on troubleshooting and try uninstalling lighting mod / starting the game without this neighborhood / take out updated mods and let you know of the results.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 12:17 AM
When this pc I have was brand new it crashed if I added more than 3 Gigs of content. I had to up both my Power Supply and my graphics card. I did everything anyone could think of but switching to a better graphic card instantly fixed it and adding the PS made it struggle less. You can see my posts on the sticky thread by Jessa starting on page 3. Nightmare fuel what was going on and it wasn't any bad CC, it was the amount.

I would hazard a guess it's that integrated graphics or that combined with your Power Supply. The PS is most times overlooked but it really does make a difference. I can tell you that since recently upgrading the PS again, my game is not only looking the best its ever been but my purple flashing is gone. This was happening with a good graphics card and tons of RAM and all the tweaks.

*of course now I said that watch and I get purple flashing again*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
When this pc I have was brand new it crashed if I added more than 3 Gigs of content. I had to up both my Power Supply and my graphics card. I did everything anyone could think of but switching to a better graphic card instantly fixed it and adding the PS made it struggle less. You can see my posts on the sticky thread by Jessa starting on page 3. Nightmare fuel what was going on and it wasn't any bad CC, it was the amount.

I would hazard a guess it's that integrated graphics or that combined with your Power Supply. The PS is most times overlooked but it really does make a difference. I can tell you that since recently upgrading the PS again, my game is not only looking the best its ever been but my purple flashing is gone. This was happening with a good graphics card and tons of RAM and all the tweaks.

*of course now I said that watch and I get purple flashing again*

My PS is 600W, I think that's enough. I would suspect integrated graphics card at this point, and that's what I'm planning to buy as first thing when I save up enough money again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 1:37 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 9th Aug 2020 at 1:58 AM.
That's low, you want at least 700. I upgraded to a 750 the first time. That setup allowed the CC but I had the pink flashing. recently I upgraded to 1000 and now my water looks great and no more pink flashing.
The PS gets overlooked, but they work together. I noticed they tossed in a lot of RAM, probably because people check that, but it all needs to be balanced.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's low, you want at least 700. I upgraded to a 750 the first time. That setup allowed the CC but I had the pink flashing. recently I upgraded to 1000 and now my water looks great and no more pink flashing.
The PS gets overlooked, but they work together. I noticed they tossed in a lot of RAM, probably because people check that, but it all needs to be balanced.

Huh, I thought 600 is already a lot lol
Well, anyway. Did some fiddling, uninstalled lighting mod, took out all my mods (left only clean ui downloads files and CEP file in there) and the game crashes even faster, because almost immidiately after loading screen pops up (this one after intro).
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2020.08.09 13.07.13.txt (12.8 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: txt  DESKTOP-VT15VHS-config-log.txt (10.2 KB, 4 downloads)