Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2020 at 2:54 AM Last edited by nitzims : 31st May 2020 at 6:42 AM.
Default Need feedback on my first world!
Hi there! I've had in mind to create a world for a while after searching for new worlds to move my family... whatever, since last week I've watched and read some tutorials to learn how to use CAW, and I've been working all this week on this world, just yesterday I did the terrain painting. This is a base game -at the moment- tiny empty world with a lots of tiny lots, like 80 (50 residential, 30 community) if I'm not wrong, but it has no spawners nor addresses yet. I need feedback on the layout, terrain painting and other stuff my world needs.

Also I have a question, well three: 1) being my world this small and with all these lots there will cause issues?, 2) is it possible to put street lights over the sidewalks?, and 3) how I upload the world in this post for testing?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 31st May 2020 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitzims
Hi there! I've had in mind to create a world for a while after searching for new worlds to move my family... whatever, since last week I've watched and read some tutorials to learn how to use CAW, and I've been working all this week on this world, just yesterday I did the terrain painting. This is a base game -at the moment- tiny empty world with a lots of tiny lots, like 80 (50 residential, 30 community) if I'm not wrong, but it has no spawners nor addresses yet. I need feedback on the layout, terrain painting and other stuff my world needs.

Also I have a question, well three: 1) being my world this small and with all these lots there will cause issues?, 2) is it possible to put street lights over the sidewalks?, and 3) how I upload the world in this post for testing?

Thanks in advance!

I am not seeing your pictures for your world. You can upload your pictures and files in the post by using the upload button seen in this picture
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2020 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I am not seeing your pictures for your world. You can upload your pictures and files in the post by using the upload button seen in this picture

Oh, thank you so much! Okay, I'm uploading the world and some pics. By the way, the lot shown is a 20x30 propriety and it's not included in the world.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Litenby.rar (12.27 MB, 7 downloads)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 6:58 PM
Welcome to CAW. You are doing well for a first world. I like the terrain painting you have done so far. What is this world supposed to be? What is/was the idea behind it? As you have done it very square still and with rectangular elevations it looks like a man-made island rather than natural. It will help if you tell us more about it.

The size should be fine. Do not put lights on the roads. And when you need testing put on simsfile share or mediafire or somewhere and give the link.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Welcome to CAW. You are doing well for a first world. I like the terrain painting you have done so far.

Thank you so much! I've read some tutorials, this helped me a lot.

What is this world supposed to be? What is/was the idea behind it? As you have done it very square still and with rectangular elevations it looks like a man-made island rather than natural. It will help if you tell us more about it.

Well, in short because it's a large story, I found about tiny home communities and became obsessed with the idea of a tiny world with tiny homes, so I wanted to give it a try because it seemed like a fun project to learn how to use CAW. I was inspired mainly by the pacific northwest aesthetics, I'm not from the US (well, yes I am but it's another boring story, and by the way, sorry for the bad english) but I love that theme for my world and houses that it'll have.
This world started more roundish but as I put more lots it ended squarish, I'll see what I'll do about that. There's a section on the right side of the map where I'll put tiny/small homes with a community building in the future. On the left side I was planning it to have farm houses, on the middle small family homes and on the highest area small mansions. There's like 10 lots on the beach where I'll put beach houses.

The size should be fine. Do not put lights on the roads. And when you need testing put on simsfile share or mediafire or somewhere and give the link.
Thank you so much for answering my questions. I need to update the original post or something? I tried to upload images but I can't now.