Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 11th May 2013 at 7:31 PM Last edited by Vss2eip : 14th Jun 2013 at 7:38 PM.
I realize this thread is old, but I just need to say a couple of things that some other people haven't said.

#76 - It's cute when a toddler kind of yells when Sims change their diaper on the changing table.
#77 - I always found it cute when toddlers get scared and curl up when the Tempus Interruptus spell is cast on the lot.

God, I know so many other things but I can't think of them now... >.< I'll update as soon as I remember anything more.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 11th May 2013 at 7:37 PM
I didn't know that!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#53 Old 11th May 2013 at 8:44 PM
I love toddlers they are so cute. I don't have an addendum to the list, but once I had toddler twins and an older toddler that was growing up the next day. Mom was a painter so I dressed all three toddlers in the bear suits with the matching hats and sent them to the activity table. I had three toddler bears at the table at once and mom painted them. Unfortunately I no longer have the game or anything.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Instructor
#54 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
I love toddlers they are so cute. I don't have an addendum to the list, but once I had toddler twins and an older toddler that was growing up the next day. Mom was a painter so I dressed all three toddlers in the bear suits with the matching hats and sent them to the activity table. I had three toddler bears at the table at once and mom painted them. Unfortunately I no longer have the game or anything.

I'd like to see that... meh. >.<

I always wondered why did EAxis remove the fight option between toddlers and children. If you look at the back of the Double Deluxe cover, you can see it.
Instructor
#55 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Vss2eip : 14th Jun 2013 at 7:38 PM.
#78 - Toddlers can steal candy from the chocolate puddles left by low-Cooking skill Sims on the Candy-making Machine (Culinary career reward). They put their hand in the puddle and then they lick it; they seem to like it! Fills up their Hunger and Energy at least. I didn't even know of it this until I read something in the Prima Guide, so I wanted to test it and it works! The action is autonomous however, I couldn't make them do it on their own.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 3:55 AM
I loved reading this tread---can't add anything due to your list looking very complete. learned about a few new options that my toddlers can try--especially those related to Seasons EP. thank you for all the great new ideas.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 4:41 AM
Thanks for reminding me of my thread ms muggles. I actually do have another one to add!

79. Toddlers can play with a toy under the cheap counter tops! I discovered this in a poor family that had twins and little room, so I stuck a toddler toy underneath the $90 counter top thinking she would say she couldn't reach it, but she did!

Now if we could only come up with one more we could have a nice even number. Has it been mentioned that toddlers can make friends with wolves?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 12:06 PM
Interesting thread. Perhaps it'd be easier for people who read it if you put all of them in the first post? I can put together the list for you if you'd like, after I get back from work. I got real kiddies to care for =P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 1:10 PM
You can if you like gummilutt, otherwise I'll see if I can do it tomorrow. It's nearly bed time over here and I have a bad head cold.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 5:47 PM
80. Being a toddler gives a Sim his/her first taste of independence. My strategy is as follows: my baby grows up, I fetch them some smartmilk, potty train them, and then I work their skills until they grow up. Besides having to be put to bed by an adult or teenager, a toddler unlike a baby can be controlled. So my toddler can be jamming out on the xylophone and take a bathroom break for a few moments! I apologize if that was a bit rambling, but in short, the contrast in freedom a toddler has to that of a baby is something I've always appreciated.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:18 PM
I'll leave it to you then, since it's your thread and you can decide better what should be in and not I just figured if you hadn't done it before perhaps you did not want to. Let me know if you change your mind and want help. For now I'll work on rebuilding my hood for what feels like the 50th time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 11:53 PM
If you want to do up a list and pm it to me feel free, my head feels like someone stuffed some cotton wool inside of it with a pole. :/

Thank you dtfan, that is valid point.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#63 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 1:13 AM
Alright. I'll see if I have the brain power to do it tomorrow, too late now. I'm just going to mess up =P
Mad Poster
#64 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 3:47 AM
When the nanny tries to play with a toddler and he refuses, even if she HASN'T been a moron! I like that they have their own little personalities, like I keep giving them toys that don't TEACH, and they keep wanting to get logic; OK OK, so you want to be precocious! And "Tiny Thumbalina" from Danny Kaye.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#65 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 10:37 AM
There was a time in my game when little Hans Moltke had 3 logic points and no one else in his family had any. It must be an unusual family where the 3-year-old is the only one capable of any logical thought. It must have been good when he learned to talk and they could ask his advice!
Forum Resident
#66 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 3:30 PM
Thanks for this thread! <3
I don't think anyone mentioned that toddlers can dance the smustle. It's so funny!!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 6:47 PM
I'm sorry if this is mentioned already, but I absolutely LOVE the way adults read to toddlers. With the different voices and everything! So cute!
Instructor
#68 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 9:42 PM
Yay, this forum is alive again! :P

Can't think of anything really, but it's nice that the game still has surprises, even with toddlers: throwing the toddler mush, eating candy, chasing butterflies (which I only discovered about recently)...

Edit: Okay, I thought of something, though it may be mentioned...

#81 - Toddlers can fight over a bottle. That's cute. If the toddler loses the bottle they cry, but they can kick the other one and happily keep drinking from their bottle.

Someone said that children can tease toddlers with a toy. I remember seeing this in a video. But... how to do this? Is the interaction autonomous? Do you need Open for Business, because I don't have it...

#82 - They make really cute noises when they drink from the bottle. And their Simlish is very funny and sweet, like when they're asking someone for attention.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Now if we could only come up with one more we could have a nice even number. Has it been mentioned that toddlers can make friends with wolves?

Really? Can you get a werewolf toddler (that would be so cute)?

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I can put together the list for you if you'd like, after I get back from work. I got real kiddies to care for =P

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just save them and come back to them later. XD
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren

omg. That is too cute!! :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 5:52 AM
Talking of bear suits, have you all seen these... http://wella-creations.livejournal.com/497917.html

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#72 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wouldn't it be nice if you could just save them and come back to them later. XD

Very, yes. I'd also love a mute button and the ability to cancel their actions and order new ones. No more listening to temper tantrums every two minutes, and no more arguing over whether they should do as I say or not. When it's your own kids you get some tolerance boost by the fact that they are yours and you love them. When it is someone elses poorly raised brats, it's a tad harder =P

Also, not for toddlers, but it's a bear suit for babies, and probably my favorite CC of all times so I'm going to link it any way :3
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=392728
And the best part is, simmer22 (or should I say Theraven?) has a non-default version on his site. It totally made my day when I found it. Accidentally came across it as I was trying to find how to convert the default one to non-default, and was beyond ready to pull my hair out in frustration. I love it when things like that happen.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 12:21 PM
Real bear/animal baby outfits. I love Theraven's buyable baby clothes.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#74 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 8:48 PM
I'd like to make a video about toddlers and video shoot all the interactions that have been listed here. Maybe other simmers can help me on this, we could record our toddlers videos and then put all scenes together?
Mad Poster
#75 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 12:35 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 22nd Jun 2013 at 1:38 AM.
I finally had the energy to add things together. Now, it was slightly confusing and sometimes it was unclear what was something and what wasn't, so there may be some missing. It's also quite likely that there are duplicates, as I didn't have the energy to read through everything and compare.

The list:
1. They are cute. Might be a shallow reason but it's certainly part of their appeal.
2. Toddlers can sleep in a cats or dogs bed.
3. They can be given a bath and pull some funny faces.
4. They get excited when handed a bottle and look cute while drinking it.
5. If another toddler is present they may autonomously fight the other toddler for the bottle.
6. They can play at the activity table learning mechanical or creativity while also making friends with another toddler and/or child at the table with them. Chewing on a crayon or a block is cute.
7. Toddlers pull some great faces while trying to put blocks in the shape sorter. Did I mention that it's cute?
8. An older child age sibling can teach the little one the nursery rhyme. If they can't, put them on the activity table together for awhile.
9. A child aged sibling can interact with the toddler and gain relationship points by playing peek-a-boo, talk and kiss.
10. A child age sibling can also be mean and tease the toddler with a toy, loosing relationship points. The toddler pulls some very cute faces.
11. Two toddlers can give each other a huggle. You know this is cute.
12. Put down a dog/cat dish with food and the toddler can eat it throwing up handfuls of kibble. Should I mention that this is cute?
13. Take your toddler outside for some new interactions. Toddlers can eat and toss sand.
14 Toddlers can eat and toss snow.
15. Toddlers can toss fallen leaves that have been raked. Guess what?
16. Toddlers can chase butterflies and fireflies. These actions are cute.
17. Toddler can splash in puddles. Some people may find this annoying, but it's still cute.
18. Toddlers can be cuddled, talked to, tickled and have (once it is learnt) the nursery rhyme sung with them.
19. Potty trained toddlers will take care of their own bladder needs patting the side of the potty while they use it. This is cute. No more nappies (diapers) to change.
20. If you change an untrained toddler away from a change table that nappy can be cleaned up and composted for free garden fertilizer. Yes I actualy do that. Fertilizer is $10 the nappy is free. This can make a difference to a very poor family.
21. Left in a cot a toddler will scream. This is horrible you say! The sound is but the face is funny. They get teeth through the jaw and sometimes you can tell who will get a large mouth latter. Could a truck drive through there? Check.
22. If they can walk and are left in the cot you may see a toddler climb out of the cot all by themselves. It happens quickly so you need to be watching. This is very cute.
23. Buy your toddler a floor blanket or a toddler bed and they will take themselves to bed as well as get themselves up. No more screaming or bothering parents.
24. Feed your toddler in a highchair and they eat with their hands, it's very cute.
25. If you put on a hack your toddler can go to a community lot with the rest of the family.
26. Toddlerhood is a great time to bond with other family members and become best friends.
27. If you wait for the toddler to roll the toddler skill wants each one is worth quite a few aspiration points. Use smart milk and a thinking cap and those skills can be learnt in a day or two at most.
28. Toddlerhood is a great time to learn some charisma skill in a fun and cheap way.
29. Add in some hacked toddler toys and your toddler can learn any skill.
30. Add a cat or dog in your house and a toddler will cuddle them. Very cute and funny.
31. Toddlers can play in the toilet and splash and giggle and are cute. So what if you have to clean up the puddles, you don't have to or the maid can do it.
32. If a toddler can walk, they can walk to the toy bin to get a toy out. When reaching in for a toy, there head disapears into the box with their feet dangling in the air- ADORABLE!
33. Toddlers can play with others with a dollhouse and put the dolls in their mouths which is cute.
34. They autominously do a little dance to music which I love. (Good to keep your toddlers busy if you want them to get the scholarship for the hidden dance skill)
35. Their wants are super easy to fulfill. Be snuggled, be tickled, sing nursery rhyme with anyone who has sung it with them before, be read to. Learn their toddler skills, get other skills. No marco-polo, blog about something when the family doesn't have a pool or computer.
36. When they learn to walk, the way they walk is cute.
37. Oh, and toddlers in those woolly little outdoor coats are cute, especially teamed with some of the toddler hats and the female toddler head scarf. They are amongst the nicest EAxis skins.
38: After 75 long hours of pregnancy and two long days of babyhood, (especially long in mine, with my one-day rotations in a large neighborhood) you finally get to see what the kid looks like!
39: And see how he feels, and what he wants, and get a handle on who he is, and can tell him to do things and observe how his personality is developing. He stops being a grub and becomes a real little pixel-person!
40: Toddlers can play with visitors and make friends with them - gramma, grampa, aunts, uncles, cousins, random guy come home from work. The play-with interaction, especially with visitors. SQUEEEEEEE!
41. Download a sippy cup/hacked bottle and you won't even have to go to the fridge, the bottle can be left on the floor, won't go bad and can be drunk whenever needed.
*If someone wants those sippy cups they have been fixed by Theraven and now come in five coloured prints on MoonlightDragon.
42: Outfits in general! The bob that came with the game for little girls is so cute! Even though I downloaded more hairstyles to give variety, the bob is my favorite. The bear costume (Think it came with Family Fun) is adorable, great for Halloween or as pj's. I love that costume, at first I disliked it, but it definitely has grown on me. The pretty Celebration dresses which I love to death, they are so pretty sometimes my toddlers wear them for their entire toddler hood Nightlife added the cute pigtails, which I use sometimes and I think they're cute. Also Nightlife added the frog and bear hats which are soooooo cute I love setting them as outerwear!
43. Teens and adults (and maybe kids) can sit down on the floor and interact with the toddler, while the toddler is playing with the skilling toys.
44. Toddlers cry if they see someone smashing the dollhouse. Both sad and cute.
45. Can't believe no one mentioned this already!! The spinny toy that you can make with the toy bench that comes with OFB! I love when the toddlers ride that on fast and they hold on with one hand and wave the other arm in the air. Honestly when I was picking out what EP to get I was watching the trailers on YT and that toy was the main reason why I got it hahaha
46. Plays with the OFB Mr Brick Toy. They pet the brick added by Peni Griffin
47. Plays with the OFB Clown-In-A-Box. I love love love how they hug the clown! Added by Macaroodle. The evil clown will make them cry.
48. Has a ride-on toy lama and waves one hand in the air.
49. There are also downloadable paddle pools and toddlers can splash in those.
50. Hire a nanny and have your toddler demand attention off her constantly until she pees on the floor! So maybe that is more a 'How many ways can the nanny be tortured' thread, but it sounds good to me.
51) If you put the frog hats on the boys, you will get Beau Broke's hairstyle, without using hacks.
52) When they learn a nursery song, they often sit happily singing it-maybe this was said already?
53)They have the cutest giggle, as do babies!
54) They throw tantrums in the high chair, if they want to go to bed, rather than eat. Although not so cute in real life!
55) I swear they're yelling "daddy", when they wake up.
56) The crawling is cute.
57) Their passive/aggressivness, with Sims they don't know. They want attention and ask for it, but depending, on their personality, they either gladly go to someone or smack them away, almost saying no!
58. When they're being taught to talk, they don't repeat the words exactly but more baby-talk versions of them.
59. Not just the sippy cups- there's also a downloadable pacifier that serves the same purpose. You get the adorableness of them sucking on a pacie without it hiding their mouth all the time (which is what happens when you download them as accessories).
60. The way they stretch their tiny arms when they wake up.
61. How they try to stay awake and sit up when they're put down for their naps but just collapse from tiredness.
62. The way they wiggle in their highchairs when they're done eating.
63. How they say the Simlish version of "All gone!" when they're done with their bottles.
64. Play with the toy robot. By Sunbee.
65. Good company if your Sims are low in social, and there's no one else around but the toddler. A quick wash in the bath, game of peek-a-boo, or the nursery rhyme, and both socials go straight up!
66. Watching them grow! It's nice to see how they transition from the chubby cheeked, sometimes awkward looks to very interesting Sims as the lifestages go by.
67: They can 'huggle' other tots, which is extremely cute!
66 Even when they would do nothing at all, most toddlers are cute to look at just sitting there.
67 They make funny cute sounds. For example while they eat from a bowl in the high chair.
68. If a toddler isn't picked up after crying in bed, he/she will plop down, pick their nose and examine the results carefully. Too funny!
69. They will go to a toy box that is so much bigger and taller than they are, but some how manage to pull a toy out of the toy box, and looking like they are about to fall into the box themselves while doing so.
70. Toddlers can try to catch butterflies, and get really angry when they can't catch anything. They're so cute when they do that!
71. On a beach lot they can play in the sand.
72. Dogs tend to sniff toddlers, even the master wolf. And instead of getting afraid, the toddler might even hug the animal.
73. A not so cute thing is the puking, such as after eating animal food or being thrown in the air.
74. Also, if they're already stuffed when they're put in a highchair and get served food, they will empty the bowl by throwing the food away (and grin mischievously afterward).
75. I also find it funny that they get better at the musical toy when their skill get higher. The note effects change, too. From one blue note to several colorful notes. And the way they chew the stick is just adorable. As their skills progress both on the drawing board and with the building bricks, they draw (slightly) better and build higher towers.
76. Siblings (children) can teach them to sing.
77. Dogs may lick toddlers. It's an autonomous action on the dogs part. Might depend on the dogs personality or how high the relationship to the toddler is. I have one family with a very licky dog so I'm thinking it's the dogs personality because they had four children and the dog licked them all.
78. And their personality changes how they play with their toys. If they have evil, they bang the teddy bear against the floor and bite the ear. If they're nice, they hug it. And the clown toy is so funny - first they get really scared and then they hug it.
79. They way the smile when being taught how to walk. They look so happy and confident!
80. When a parent puts one of them in a crib, I think it's before s/he gives the toddler a kiss, the toddler tries to grab the parent's hand and it's really cute!
81. The idle animations they do when they're in a crib with high energy.
82. It's cute when a toddler kind of yells when Sims change their diaper on the changing table.
83. I always found it cute when toddlers get scared and curl up when the Tempus Interruptus spell is cast on the lot.
84. Toddlers can steal candy from the chocolate puddles left by low-Cooking skill Sims on the Candy-making Machine (Culinary career reward). They put their hand in the puddle and then they lick it; they seem to like it! Fills up their Hunger and Energy at least. I didn't even know of it this until I read something in the Prima Guide, so I wanted to test it and it works! The action is autonomous however, I couldn't make them do it on their own.
85. Toddlers can play with a toy under the cheap counter tops! I discovered this in a poor family that had twins and little room, so I stuck a toddler toy underneath the $90 counter top thinking she would say she couldn't reach it, but she did!
86. Being a toddler gives a Sim his/her first taste of independence. My strategy is as follows: my baby grows up, I fetch them some smartmilk, potty train them, and then I work their skills until they grow up. Besides having to be put to bed by an adult or teenager, a toddler unlike a baby can be controlled. So my toddler can be jamming out on the xylophone and take a bathroom break for a few moments! I apologize if that was a bit rambling, but in short, the contrast in freedom a toddler has to that of a baby is something I've always appreciated.
87. Toddlers can dance the smustle. It's so funny!!
88. I absolutely LOVE the way adults read to toddlers. With the different voices and everything! So cute!

I get it to 88.

EDIT: Realized I was confusing babies and toddlers, so I removed the one I added.
Page 3 of 5