Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 1:52 AM
I deleted NVIDIA out of my graphic card's name in the sgr and it still didn't work, so I'm going to upload my config log and sgr files like @CatOfEvilGenius suggested. (I could probably put them in one archive but I don't wanna mess with 7zip, apologies!) Also, I'm not sure if this is notable or anything, but I tried booting it in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility and it didn't even boot, no message, Origin just highlighted back up like I quit the game.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  MSI-config-log.7z (3.0 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Video Cards.7z (4.0 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Graphics Rules.7z (6.9 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I deleted NVIDIA out of my graphic card's name in the sgr and it still didn't work, so I'm going to upload my config log and sgr files like @CatOfEvilGenius suggested. (I could probably put them in one archive but I don't wanna mess with 7zip, apologies!) Also, I'm not sure if this is notable or anything, but I tried booting it in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility and it didn't even boot, no message, Origin just highlighted back up like I quit the game.

Um.. why is it when I download, extract, and try to look at your files it opens MSN internet home page?

Edit ok never mind I got them. Somehow my pc set up to open files in internet explorer.. who would do that?
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jules1111
Um.. why is it when I download, extract, and try to look at your files it opens MSN internet home page?

Huh? I downloaded them, and it didn't do it for me. Do you need me to put them as .zip or .rar files?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:36 AM
Huh? I downloaded them, and it didn't do it for me. Do you need me to put them as .zip or .rar files?

Lol I got them. Ok one question, is your screen resolution 1920x1080? If not could you tell me what it is.
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:40 AM
It is, but I would be running the game in windowed (if that makes any difference.)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:42 AM
It is, but I would be running the game in windowed (if that makes any difference.)

Nope doesn't make a difference. Ok hold on I am going to make a few alterations to the files.
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:48 AM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:50 AM
Thank you!

Don't thank me yet! Ok try these out and see how it works.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Graphics Rules.zip (7.3 KB, 55 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Video Cards.zip (4.6 KB, 45 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:54 AM
Okay! Well, I ran the game (and cleared my cache files this time) and it's still the completely white screen. (Also, I was thanking you for putting the effort into helping me.)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:57 AM
Okay! Well, I ran the game (and cleared my cache files this time) and it's still the completely white screen. (Also, I was thanking you for putting the effort into helping me.)

Still the white screen. Gah. Was that running it on intel or Nvidia? Oh, your welcome! I will try but that white screen is odd.
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:02 AM
I'm running it with Nvidia, the screen shows up with Intel.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:07 AM Last edited by Jules1111 : 20th Jan 2018 at 3:26 AM.
I'm running it wit Nvidia, the screen shows up with Intel.

The screen shows up ok with Intel? Like playable ok? Do you have any driver updates for the Nvidia card you haven't downloaded and installed yet? Try to start the game not using compatibility mode, you shouldn't have to anyway.

Edit: In the one that doesn't launch all white, can you get into the game options? How are your screen resolutions? Can you change it to 1920x1080? Also are you able to turn smooth edges all the way to high?( you will want to do that) You might also want to try to launch the game in full screen to see if you have the same issues, or if the issue only occurs in windowed mode.

Edit 2: Because I can't think of everything at once. Before trying to launch the game again, delete the cache files and go into your neighborhood folder. Delete the neighborhoodmanager file on the bottom of the list. (it will regenerate)
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:30 AM
I tried launching it with Intel, and it soft-froze (in an eternal not responding) while I was trying to launch Belladonna Cove in order to get to the settings. This happened with my custom hood, too. Will I ever be free from my computer's madness?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:36 AM
I tried launching it with Intel, and it soft-froze (in an eternal not responding) while I was trying to launch Belladonna Cove in order to get to the settings. This happened with my custom hood, too. Will I ever be free from my computer's madness?

When you launched it that time with the intel, was it in full screen or windowed mode? Did you set compatibility, or just launch it normally? I have never had this much trouble trying to get it to work before. How much ram do you have?
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:47 AM
It was in windowed, I launched it normally, and I have 16 GB of RAM.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:54 AM
It was in windowed, I launched it normally, and I have 16 GB of RAM.

Well plenty of ram. That isn't the issue. For testing purposes you might want to switch to full screen. Just so we can eliminate windowed mode as a possible cause. For whatever reason. Do you have all the Nvidia driver updates?

Edit: also did you put those files I gave you in both the Config and CSConfig files?
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:21 AM
I didn't put the files into CSConfig, but when I did, it had the same result, and fullscreen still generates the DirectX error. I remember when I installed the drivers before making this post, they were the most recent ones.
Not actually evil.
#43 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 3:47 PM
I didn't put the files into CSConfig, but when I did, it had the same result, and fullscreen still generates the DirectX error. I remember when I installed the drivers before making this post, they were the most recent ones.

Directx error? Could this maybe be due to a too recent version of directx? Does Sims want directx 9? The current version is 12, that's what I have according to dxdiag and I keep crashing. Would it hurt anything to have both an old version and a new version of directx installed? I have a new machine, few months old, fresh install of Windows, not cloned, so I suspect I don't have directx 9 on it. Wondering if maybe yours doesn't either?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:02 PM
I tried installing DirectX 9.0 and it said a newer or equivalent version was installed. It's the same error from before that I screenshotted, though. Windows 10 comes with DirectX 12 on it, which is backwards compatible with 9.
Not actually evil.
#45 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:31 PM
I tried installing DirectX 9.0 and it said a newer or equivalent version was installed. It's the same error from before that I screenshotted, though. Windows 10 comes with DirectX 12 on it, which is backwards compatible with 9.

Yeah, I should have googled more first. Still not sure if 12 is emulating 9 or 12 comes bundled with the old 9 dll's. Looking for them now on my system. I just don't understand why you'd be getting a directx error. Could the directx dll's have possibly been corrupted somehow? Probably wouldn't hurt to reinstall directx 12 (and/or 9). Sorry if that's not helpful, can't think of anything else at the moment.

Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:47 PM
Someone earlier on the thread said that it was actually the game not being able to recognize my graphics card, which makes sense, since it only happens when I use the NVIDIA card. I have all of the DirectX 9.0 dlls, and I can't reinstall 12 because it's only packaged with Windows 10 updates, from what I've read.
Not actually evil.
#47 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 4:51 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 20th Jan 2018 at 5:01 PM.
Someone earlier on the thread said that it was actually the game not being able to recognize my graphics card, which makes sense, since it only happens when I use the NVIDIA card. I have all of the DirectX 9.0 dlls, and I can't reinstall 12 because it's only packaged with Windows 10 updates, from what I've read.

Well, let's take a look at the sgr's you posted earlier and your config log file. Could you please upload your SYSTEM-config-log.txt from your Logs directory in the Documents UC folder? Mine is named DESKTOPsomethingsomething-config-log.txt. And if you have modified your sgr's since you posted them earlier, please reupload the ones you are currently using.

nevermind, you did already upload all three, I'll go take a look at them...

[edit] Ok, now it seems to find your card and you don't seem to have the 32mb texture memory problem. Hrm. Not sure what else to check in the sgr's. You might put in some log messages like Kiri did in my sgr file to see if it enables hardware rendering but I'm just guessing here about what the problem might be. If you take a look at my graphics rules sgr file that I'll upload, search for logSystemInfo "Kiri or logSystemInfo "Cat. We put in those lines to tell us which parts of the sgr were actually used by the game.

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Name (database): GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1c8c, Board: 11c91462, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumd.dll, Version: 23.21.13.9065, GUID: D7B71E3E-5FCC-11CF-BB54-C4311BC2DA35
Driver version: 9065
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.780373, 16:9
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,120Hz
Texture memory: 4095MB
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Graphics Rules.zip (7.6 KB, 26 downloads) - View custom content

Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:13 PM
So do you need me to enter stuff like that? I"m not quite sure what to do with that information.
Not actually evil.
#49 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:40 PM
So do you need me to enter stuff like that? I"m not quite sure what to do with that information.

Not necessarily. It is only informative, does not fix anything. It will tell you whether you have hardware rendering on or software rendering. You want hardware rendering. If you just find the lines that start with

logSystemInfo "Kiri

and put them in your graphics rules sgr files in the same place, you will then see some new lines in your config log file the next time your run the game. If you see a line in config log that says hardware rendering is enabled, that is good. It also means that wasn't the problem, so it won't help you much. :/ If you see software rendering instead, then maybe that's the problem but I'm guessing you will see hardware rendering.

[edit] I'm mostly passing on what I've learned here and at leefish so you may want to ask on the leefish forum if you have not done that. They will want you to read their FAQ first, then start a new thread for your issue and include both your sgr files and your config file.

leefish graphics card issues forum
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21

Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:09 PM
It says that hardware rendering is enabled. Thank you for the help, I'm going to go to the Leefish forums!
Page 2 of 3