Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 1:40 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 17th Aug 2017 at 4:04 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default {Help?}How do I go about making my CAS Sims into NPCs/Townies?
Herroooooo!~ So I recently got one of the loverly empty towns from Lea.Sikora and I was juuuuust trying to find some information on how to make my custom-created Sims into NPCs/Townies so the entire world will be populated with my Sims and not the ones thrown into the game when you first strat up Live Mode (if I have my information correct, they don't appear until you start playing a family, right? RIGHT?!)

Anywho, thank you in advance!~
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 3:59 PM
If you want them to live in your town as residents, in their own house, you just create the families in CAS and save it in the Library bin and then place them in the world in Edit Town.

If you want them to be homeless and just occasionally appear or take roles as bartenders, cashiers and the like you also place them in a house first and then need a mod like NRaas MasterController to turn them into homeless Sims.

If you want to make your own Service Sims, like maids, repairmen and the like, you place a household first, evict them with MasterController again and then additionally use MasterController to set their service status.

So, as a starting point you need no mods for populating the world, and only MasterController to also set the homeless and Service Sims.

To have even more control you can also try NRaas Register for controlling all roles, tourists and stray animals.

It may also be a good idea to start your game with story progression off, as this will prevent the game from moving in random Sims and then afterwards look into a mod like Nraas StoryProgression to have the story mode act according to your wishes.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:04 PM