Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 10:25 PM
Default How do I safely move my family into a different neighborhood?
The neighborhood that I had made is covered in concrete even the hills and mountains. There are very tiny sandy areas near the ocean other than that it looks very tacky and boring. Now I wish to save the house that I had remodeled and move them into a different neighborhood.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 10:32 PM
following page tells how to move sims::
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Moving_Sims
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 10:36 PM
If it's just a lousy terrain that's the issue, you could use HoodReplace to change it. Make a throwaway hood with the new terrain, use HoodReplacer to change it, move the house to an appropriate location, and delete the throwaway.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 10:52 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 19th Oct 2018 at 12:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If it's just a lousy terrain that's the issue, you could use HoodReplace to change it. Make a throwaway hood with the new terrain, use HoodReplacer to change it, move the house to an appropriate location, and delete the throwaway.

Thank you so much. The program worked like a charm and my sims no longer live in that concrete hell and they're now surrounded with green lush grass although I would need to find a better neighborhood terrain to copy from because the current one is too flat.
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
following page tells how to move sims::
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Moving_Sims

Thank you I'll give that look.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 11:07 PM
Yes. You can replace the entire map, not just the terrain type.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 11:11 PM
As to moving sims to a new hood-you can't. You can only recreate them by extracting and cloning. Those new sims are not the same sims. To make them as similar as possible you will want to write down as much information from the originals as you can and then change the clones to reflect that. Hobbies, interests, personality, zodiac, aspiration, relationships, skills, memories. Otherwise, those clones while looking the same, won't feel the same at all.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 12:26 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 19th Oct 2018 at 12:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
As to moving sims to a new hood-you can't. You can only recreate them by extracting and cloning. Those new sims are not the same sims. To make them as similar as possible you will want to write down as much information from the originals as you can and then change the clones to reflect that. Hobbies, interests, personality, zodiac, aspiration, relationships, skills, memories. Otherwise, those clones while looking the same, won't feel the same at all.

Yeah I have to admit that it's a big let down that you can't do that without corrupting your hood but in spite of that it's still a really good game that I really enjoy playing. Anyhow thank you everyone for the big help.