Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 6:45 PM
Eye contacts - Different each eye
I was just wondering, is there any way to make eye contacts, but with different textures each one. For example, I want to make the left eye purple and the right one red.

Is that possible?

Thx!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 7:02 PM
You would have to make costume makeup with 2 recolorable parts, one for each eye. ;3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 7:12 PM
Yeah, but is it possible?

I mean, the uvmap of the two eyes are together, don't they? So, if I modify one, the other will have the same modification automatically, won't it?
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 7:28 PM
I think it's different if you do it with costume makeup though. ;/
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 9:32 PM
No, it isn't. You will have to change the uv map of the eyes.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 10:21 PM
Unfortunately it's definitely not possible to do this as costume makeup - both eyes are pulled from one texture and there is no way to recolour each eye separately. The only way I've been able to give a sim two different eyes was by laboriously making a mesh that fitted over one eye and recolouring it, and that was only to make a solid coloured eye - trying to make a convincing iris/pupil etc that way would be difficult if not impossible.

As jonha says above, it may be possible to do it by editing the uvmap of the actual eye meshes themselves, something I've not yet figured out how to do - I'd be very interested to hear if someone tries it and is successful, as I have a sim I want to give two different coloured eyes, this time a 'normal' one rather than a solid coloured one!
Scholar
#7 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
As jonha says above, it may be possible to do it by editing the uvmap of the actual eye meshes themselves, something I've not yet figured out how to do

I don't know how well the blender plugin supports uv maps, and I hope, it doesn't kill the bone assignments, but I can try it.