Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 1:17 PM
Default Intersecting stairs/doors/walls
So I'm working on this house that has a basement with stairs that go through a foundation. On the very last tile of the stairs (the part where the stairs are on the bottom), I'm trying to build a door on the first floor above. I can build walls, floors etc over it, but it still won't let me build a door. Is there any way to make this work? I tried moveobjects on and that doesn't help. (also help with building perpendicular doors overlapping the same tile)
Advertisement
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LightsAndMagic
So I'm working on this house that has a basement with stairs that go through a foundation. On the very last tile of the stairs (the part where the stairs are on the bottom), I'm trying to build a door on the first floor above. I can build walls, floors etc over it, but it still won't let me build a door. Is there any way to make this work? I tried moveobjects on and that doesn't help. (also help with building perpendicular doors overlapping the same tile)

Please can you post a picture to show the problem that will help explain it okay since am a bit confused about what you said
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
Please can you post a picture to show the problem that will help explain it okay since am a bit confused about what you said

http://i.imgur.com/dYLeGcU.jpg

The lighter tile is the same tile as the last part of the stairs.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 3:46 PM
What about making a landing on the ground where the basement starts, turn the direction 90 degrees before continuing down to the basement. Another option is to change the sequence of how you do things, but I'm not sure how that's going to work here. Whether you put the door in before or after the stairs isn't likely to make a difference, but you could try. Like put in door and upper part of stars, then put the lower part of stairs in, and then try moo.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 4:12 PM
2 possible options are: Can I build a foundation inside a basement?
Or I could terraform in such a way that only the porch would need foundation which would make the stairs shorter.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 12:53 AM
You cannot build a foundation inside a basement. You can build a platform in a basement, if that helps. As Volvenom stated, sometimes the game cares about the order in which you do things, so perhaps place the door before you place the stairs? Here is a thread with some different suggestions on working with foundations and basements. Perhaps it will help: http://modthesims.info/t/506224
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 5:18 PM
most simle solution: cheat moveObjects on & place the door...

On the levels a stairs start and/or end you can't build a door crossing the 6 tile stairs (4 stairs and the 2 landing tiles) cheating fixes that...
If you place the door first and then the stairs the messege will be that the stairs can't cross objects (one way or the other, only way is cheating