Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[In Testing]Resources for Starlight Shores.world's various Fixes

by ellacharmed Posted 20th Jul 2012 at 3:38 PM - Updated 27th Aug 2012 at 5:42 AM by ellacharmed : typos

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 6:03 PM
Thanks for this Ella!!!! Would you ever consider doing Hidden Springs? It's such a pretty world but so laggy. Love your world fixes!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 6:27 AM
Seriously, they need to hire you to do this at Electronic Arts.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 2:54 PM
Thank you! For your continued support. Fixes are useless if nobody uses them.

So, any issues with this one?
I tried messing with the chunks but didn't see any visible difference in gameplay - on freezes/lags or lack thereof.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 7:56 AM
Lag in Starlight Shores has reduced significantly since I added these fixes. I still get the occasional hangup, but I doubt it's routing related. Many thanks for this fix, I actually quite enjoy this town.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 10:25 AM
Thank you so much for this fix. Starlight Shores was not good to play because of the routing issues. Now I am sure it will be very nice. I use and appreciate all your world fixes!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:06 AM
Thank's! But I know from my experience, that fixed world files works better for me, than resources. I think I must do something wrong, and when I update my world files, they work worse, than when you do it I'll try this resources anyway, as always. And as always, I'm really gratefull.... The game works worse and worse from one EP to another, so any help in it's fluency is welcome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 2:48 AM
thanks for this, so far so good.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 2:16 AM
I'm not sure if this is something to do with the fix, or an existing problem that lag prevented from ever fully realizing on my copy, but I noticed an inordinate number of Sims dying in Starlight Shores, most from starvation. Anyone else experiencing this?

Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 4:12 PM
I believe that happens when a Sim is looping through an incomplete Gig/Profession activity and all the other Sims are then stuck waiting for that looping action to finish, which it never will.
That situation happens when not playing with the corrective mods, like those recommended in the Freeze wiki. Read these:
- Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki
- http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/tag/crowds

If you need further help on the issue (the links I provided didn't solve it), please post in Game Help Q&A forum (See Help menu).
Inconceivable!
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 10:16 AM
I can't believe I missed this before! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I know you have the .world file out now, but I prefer to just add the resources myself. It always runs so much smoother with your fixes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:29 PM
I appreciate you taking the time to fix the map, Starlight Shores was unplayable for me before. Thank you!