Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Toddler Dining Chairs

by Danjaley Posted 16th Dec 2013 at 7:52 AM - Updated 3rd May 2018 at 4:41 PM by Danjaley

65 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 7:47 AM
This is great! I've been missing this option for ever! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 7:48 AM Last edited by Danjaley : 18th Dec 2013 at 1:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GoldenHeartLock
Awesome can't wait to start using these!
Quick question does it say what approach they are in buy mode or no?

Sure, the approach side is in the object description and in the title. So you can even check it by hovering the clone-tool over an already placed chair. I've also added that info to the main post now. Thanks for mentioning it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bookaboo
I always thought the kids looked lonely off to the side. In real life kids usually have their high-chairs at the table, so this is very nice. Thank you.

Yeah, I remember the first issue I ever had with Sims 2 was that I placed the highchair where I would in real life and wondered, why my Sims couldn't use it
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#29 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:21 PM
Oh!!!! This is so cool! thank you. EA knew you'd come along and..this is WHY they made it same height..;)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 5:43 PM
An absolutely brilliant idea! Love it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#31 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 7:20 PM
You're officially my hero. This.Is.Awesomesauce. Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 7:42 PM
The first thing I ever did with a sims high chair- back in the sims 2- was place it AT the table, instead off to the side.
This idea is the BEST, my little ones defenitely needed this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 7:54 PM
Amazing work, genius idea, and great execution! Bravo! You have solved an issue many, many simers have been upset about myself included! Great job and keep up the great work!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 8:53 PM
Thank you soooo much! This is perfect because I always hate ed not having the toddlers join in for family meals
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 12:40 AM
These are amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us :) ~Pieta
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 3:34 AM
I have a little sister and she never used a highchair! Looks fun for story telling.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 1:13 PM
do these things need updating? will it be okay using it with 1.63?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kokonut123
do these things need updating? will it be okay using it with 1.63?

I made and use them on patch 1.63, and they work as they should. Also I don't think they will need updating, as they are normal objects with the slots in different places (just like a custom shelf for example).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 11:48 PM
These are fantastic, My simmies automatically go to the correct side of the chair to place the toddler and then to serve. What a clever mod. thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 2:07 PM
Brilliant! Thank you! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 6:22 PM
Such a great idea brings the kids closer to the rest of the family! For realism, this is going to be great to use during the second half of toddlerhood when children really do get out of the high chair and start to sit at the table! Thank you for this. One thing I didn't see is the most expensive base game chair, that would be a nice one to have.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jessim
Such a great idea brings the kids closer to the rest of the family! For realism, this is going to be great to use during the second half of toddlerhood when children really do get out of the high chair and start to sit at the table! Thank you for this. One thing I didn't see is the most expensive base game chair, that would be a nice one to have.

Thank you for your nice feedback! I'll put that chair on my waiting list. Actually I'm planning on making more, but after the first six, I was a bit fed up about making chairs.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 11:47 PM
Your toddler items are wonderful! I got back into TS3 because of these chairs! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 6:23 PM
Hi I love this chairs but I was thinking maybe is it possible to make the pillow to use it on every chair .. thats would be sooooo great ..
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 12:03 AM
what a brilliant and amazing idea i'm definately downloading this :0)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 5:55 PM
Now my toddlers can eat at the table like they should. Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:09 PM
This is super cute! Thanks! It's a great idea
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 5:40 PM
I've just started actually giving my toddlers food in the chair now rather than a bottle on the floor since they can sit with their family at the table!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:30 PM
Excuse me. I am having problems in the buy mode with these chairs. I really love these because I've always felt so bad that toddlers couldn't eat with their family with the base game high chairs. I really loved the idea. Any ideas on how to get "the sims 3 has stopped responding" crash to stop popping up when I buy your chairs? Perhaps an update?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melb623
Excuse me. I am having problems in the buy mode with these chairs. I really love these because I've always felt so bad that toddlers couldn't eat with their family with the base game high chairs. I really loved the idea. Any ideas on how to get "the sims 3 has stopped responding" crash to stop popping up when I buy your chairs? Perhaps an update?

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, but at the moment I don't really have an idea how to help. Your game is crashing the moment you drag the chair out of buymode, right? And it's happening with all the chairs from this set? I'm using my chairs on the latest patch level and I have no problems buying them, but I remember I had the issure once with a deco item I had downloaded. I can offer one vague suggestion: Could you try if the same thing happens with the wicker chair from my second toddler chair set ? This one is made in TSRW, because of the transparency settings, maybe this makes a difference.
Page 2 of 3