Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 5:12 PM
Default Neighborhood, how to pack?
One thing is uploading something other can use... another is I have a friend who really wanna play my neighborhood! I deleted all sims (luckily it was my built neighboorhood so I mostly just build buildings or checked how certain things would look in my actually neighborhood, but my friend loves my layout so...)
She really want me to like... pack it and send it to her, but I can't really find any tutorial there explains that? (I googled a bit but found nothing. Only how to install)
so what do I do?

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 6:04 PM
Maybe I'm just being stupid, but can't you copy your neighborhood to a USB-stick and give the USB-stick to your friend? Or upload it on, whatever uploadsite, and send the link to her?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 7:19 PM
I shouldn't just give her a copy - with all those deleted sims, the neighbourhood is corrupted.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 8:37 PM
If the houses in the hood have never been lived in, you can package them up, upload them somewhere and send her the link. Then she just needs to know which terrain you used and she can make her own (non-corrupt) version of your hood.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 8:51 PM
...what if I run the neighborhood in the cleaner first? To remove any bad curroptions? I have never used the basis sims and delete them because I'm a clean maniac on that side
So I always run the cleaner to not have game problems?

The thing is I am really good at decorating so >_>

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 9:01 PM
If you don't want the sims that the vanilla game generates every time you create a new hood, you should really look into empty templates.

I assume you mean Mootilda's Hood Checker? It gets rid of some things that can cause corruption, but by far not all. I definitely doesn't give you a free ride to do things that are known to corrupt hoods very badly - like deleting sims.

You can of course still just upload the hood as is and give it to your friend. But she needs to be aware that it probably won't be playable for a very long time (though she might get lucky, of course) even if she's using the Hood Checker on a regular basis.

Edit: I assume you mean the hood decoration? You should be able to copy that over to a clean hood with Mootilda's Hood Replace.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 10:12 PM
...hmmm
I never had problem myself with the deleting of sims
I currently have a hood who have been with all main sims deleted but it is a year now and no problems have happened. Usually though if I meet problems I end up copying all files over in a new hood

I build small houses *^*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 10:29 PM
Corruption means that the game is misreading data, you yourself don't necessarily see it. Sometimes data corruption does get seen very quickly, people have deleted sims and had their hood stop loading after only one week. Other times people delete sims and the hood carries on for another year or two of play. You can't tell, it depends where the corrupted data decides to attach itself. Deleting sims even one sim causes instant hood corruption. It's good that you haven't seen the effects but that is pure good luck, it is there. Deleting sims corrupts the data because the game does not fully delete the sim, while it deletes what you can see it leaves behind some bits of data and it finds a new place to attach itself to.

If you want your friend to have the hood just save it to a stick. if she wants the sims gone she is best to just kill them off and keep the graves on a graveyard on the edge of the hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 10:53 PM
...I know every sim gets a data... but wouldn't that mean you have to find the datas in the sim data bank and just delete it? Idk

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 11:35 PM
In theory, yes. But TS2 is quite a complex game and you can never be 100% sure that you actually got all the files (especially with the whole gossip system). And if you miss a single reference, the hood is corrupted. If you really insist on deleting sims, you might want to take at least a look at this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6205.0.html

As Jo said, just because you can't see any signs of corruption, doesn't mean there isn't any and even if there is corruption, you might be able to play the hoods for years without problems. On the other hand, it might even be that you're doing none of the things that are known to cause corruption and still loose your hood due to corruption. That's the reason Mootilda made the Hood Checker. It helps minimize that risk.

To make it easier for you, I think you have two options:
1) You just take the hood folder (which is in EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Neighborhoods) and give it to your friend, while explaining her that the hood is corrupted and she might loose it (sooner or later).
2) You make a new hood with the same terrain and use Mootilda's Hood Replacer to copy over the hood decoration and lots. Though, this will only get you a safer hood, if the lots have never been lived in. Otherwise packaging the lots and cleaning them is necessary.

If you have used any CC in your hood, you also have to make sure that your friend has it. Otherwise things won't show up correctly for her.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 12:47 AM
Mootildas Hood Replace does not copy lots, you have to manually move each lot.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 1:19 AM
Oh, right! I did remember something about lots, but I just checked and the only lot option is to fix the elevation. My bad. ^^" So, yes, you'd need to package the lots individually, clean them if there were sims in them at some point and put them into the new hood.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 1:31 AM
If you just put it on a stick and give her the whole thing letting her know it contains corruption would be the quick and easy method.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 9:12 AM
Now
I do have the lots though
But anyone might link me to the hood replacer?
Because I have a million pictures from the hood so I easily can put down the lots again

I build small houses *^*
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 10:17 AM
Oh a question more
Now the neighborhood will be marked as N_007
But if a person already have a neighborhood marked that?

Is there anything there should be done or do the game change the name on the hood (the number not the actually name)

I build small houses *^*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 10:36 AM
I've never done it but I believe a batch renamer can change all the numbers if she already has a hood with that number.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 10:47 AM
Ah okay. Now the neighborhood should be less corrupted after I used the hood replacer ^^'

I build small houses *^*
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#18 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 2:58 PM
Yes, the new neighborhood will be much better. The only chance of corruption now is if one of the lots you are moving is corrupted, but that is less likely as long as there are no sims living in them, and never were.

The hood replacer is here, under Mootilda's profile. A program called Bulk Rename Utility is what I use to give my sharing neighborhoods a new high number. We have a wiki that lists all the numbers currently in use, but if you are just sharing with your friend, go for like N020 and you should be fine. Or ask her if she already has a N007 and if not, don't bother with renumbering.