Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#101 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
i'd wait the install icon isnt that great lol it must be embedded in the exectable

whats the slot up by the base game?
With the new layout I thought I'd separate the base game and Deluxe into different entities, so that if some reason you have both the stand alone game AND Deluxe, both codes will be picked up and displayed.

I'll upload the new executable alongside the older version for those who want a functioning program (as far as I can tell ) rather than waiting for a late icon.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 5:55 AM
Fantastic. My friend lost all her key codes, so this is definitely going to cheer us both up. Thank you!
Instructor
#103 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Qwirty
Fantastic. My friend lost all her key codes, so this is definitely going to cheer us both up. Thank you!

aawww but just remember this program only works if your friend still has the games installed

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#104 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 5:58 PM
Oh, she does, thankfully!
Test Subject
#105 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 2:25 AM
sweet works like a charm!
Test Subject
#106 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 7:02 PM
This program is so great! I am sure it will be a huge help to alot of people. Brillant idea!
Test Subject
#107 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 7:11 PM
This is so useful... So so so useful... Words can't describe it, thank you SO much!
BTW, I know it's really irrelevant, but I see you added the Teen Style Stuff icon, so you can remove the rollover text that says "Icon coming soon!" :P
This is such a great program... I'd hug you if you were here (in a completely friendly, non-stalkery way :P). Thank you! This will prevent the constant posts of people that lost their CD cases.
Test Subject
#108 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 1:24 AM
Brilliant

Bravo!

++ I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad++
+++ The dreams in which im dying are the best I've ever had +++
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 1:58 PM
what a brilliant tool. Perfect for someone like me who is constantly losing CD Keys :P

Cheers x
Test Subject
#110 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 6:51 PM
This is amazing!
Test Subject
#111 Old 25th Dec 2007 at 11:02 PM
would any one know of a program that reads the serial code from the disk? my charming little brother cleaned up the disks and cds and chucked pets book 'by accident'. Thought it'd be ok, until mum decided to totally wipe the computer! Even better, pets ISNT MINE, ITS MY COUSIN'S! AND HE WANTS IT BACK!
Test Subject
#112 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:58 PM
Thank you a bunch!!
Test Subject
#113 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:14 PM
I had Sims 2 Pets installed a while ago, and unistalled it once.
Now the book seems to have been lost. Is there any way I can get the number?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#114 Old 14th Jan 2008 at 7:55 PM Last edited by OtherworldBob : 17th Jan 2008 at 4:57 PM. Reason: new version
Quote: Originally posted by anderay
would any one know of a program that reads the serial code from the disk? my charming little brother cleaned up the disks and cds and chucked pets book 'by accident'. Thought it'd be ok, until mum decided to totally wipe the computer! Even better, pets ISNT MINE, ITS MY COUSIN'S! AND HE WANTS IT BACK!
The serial code is not stored on the disk. Only a piece of maths that decides if your serial is valid or not. If you didn't register your serial number with EA, you'll have to contact EA Support directly and they should be able to sort you out with a new one - but it may set you back around $10.

Quote: Originally posted by Mezzaninexx
I had Sims 2 Pets installed a while ago, and unistalled it once.
Now the book seems to have been lost. Is there any way I can get the number?
Since Pets was uninstalled its very unlikely my program will work, but as above if you registered the game online with EA, you should be able to retrieve from your EA account info. Otherwise, you'll be getting a new one from EA Support I'm afraid.

Quote: Originally posted by Vice8641
<snip>BTW, I know it's really irrelevant, but I see you added the Teen Style Stuff icon, so you can remove the rollover text that says "Icon coming soon!" :P</snip>
Whoops, it shall be sorted in the next version! Thanks for pointing it out.

Again, a big thank you for the feedback, and good to see this is still attracting a number of downloads and 'Thanks'.

Edit: Promised updated is up.
G.O.C. informed me that the program was failing to pick up the keys or print correctly on XP64. As far as I can tell, this should now be sorted. If my program fails to detect correctly what kind of operating system you are using (64bit or 32bit) you can change it with the new menu "Look Again".
A thanks to G.O.C. for testing my fixes , and I hope everyone enjoys - and that I haven't broken anything else.
Test Subject
#115 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 12:12 PM
Thank you for this. I really love it because I'm always losing my manuals.

"If it had not been for the wind in my face, I wouldn't be able to fly at all." - Arthur Ashe
Test Subject
#116 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 5:12 PM
Default Help!
It says I have to purchase some WinRAR or something like that... HEEELP please. I've lost my bon voyage serial code. Heeelp
#117 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LissaLouise
It says I have to purchase some WinRAR or something like that... HEEELP please. I've lost my bon voyage serial code. Heeelp

You need WinRAR in order to view the files, without unzipping the folder. Just right click and select the "unzip" option and it should work. If you have Bon Voyage installed this will tell you your serial code. Otherwise if you registered the game online EA might have your serial code, but if not you'll have to request a new one from EA Support.

Hope it all works out! :D
Instructor
#118 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:33 PM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime

there the info if you need it

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
Original Poster
#119 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime

there the info if you need it
Ah, just in time - thank you.

New version going up here in a few minutes with FreeTime support and a place-holder for Kitchen & Bath.

As ever, let me know if you run into any problems with this.
Enjoy!
Test Subject
#120 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 2:11 PM
I Really need a CD Key-Code for Free Time!
Instructor
#121 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellraiser193
I Really need a CD Key-Code for Free Time!

you shouldve been given a key code when you bought the game

look at the back of the game manual

Field Researcher
#122 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 1:44 AM
Hm, I've been typing my serial numbers into notepad for ages now. I had no idea this was out. I guess I've never ventured to this section before. Anyway, great idea and excellent utility. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Instructor
#123 Old 1st May 2008 at 8:55 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 2nd Jul 2008 at 11:23 PM.
any chance this is gonna be updated for kitchen an bath?

here the key names if you need them

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff

Test Subject
#124 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 9:52 AM
I had Free Time installed on my computer But it crashed and i had to uninstall it but when i came to install it again couldn't fined the key code so i installed this programme and it doesn't work as i dont have free time on my computer!!
Does any one know how to get another one or find it on the disc?
Thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#125 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 7:05 PM
If you registered the game with EA you can find it in your EA account:
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/article.php?t=176239
Page 5 of 9