Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 2:46 AM
Default How do I make modular plants
I asked this directly but I was told to post here.

I would like to know how to make modular plants and pot like in Plasticbox's Modular plant mod my goal is to make the garden planters into modular pots.

I hope it's not to difficult because my modding skills are limited.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 7:58 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 27th Jul 2015 at 8:30 AM.
The modular plants are deco objects, the modular planters have slots for deco objects. Pretty much like end tables and statues or something like that.

If you use TSRW the slots are in the "Slots" tab .. since the planters already have slots (but for garden plants) all you need to do is rename the slots so one can put deco objects in there (the hash on the left will change accordingly as you type, you don't need to calculate that). For deco stuff you should use _deco_1, _deco_2 etc; small deco slots should be _deco_sml_1 etc. Just compare with Maxis objects to see how they work. I'm not sure if the byte value is still relevant, it should be 2 for medium-sized deco objects according to this post. Maxis have changed a bit of stuff to do with slots in the meantime though.

For extra credit I would recommend keeping the original model referenced; if you're not going to change the mesh you don't need anything but the catalogue object (COBJ and OBJD) plus your custom _RIG and RSLT for this kind of thing, not the whole mesh and textures and stuff on top of that. Either look up the internal name of the planter and name your object like that in TSRW (I'm not sure if that still works in the current version though), or look up the ID of the model and footprint of the original planter and reference those from your OBJDs.

To make existing things (plants or whatever else) fit into deco slots, you need to open the COBJ and set the value in Unk03 to 0x01, 0x02, or 0x03 depending on their "weight". See the sticky on OBJD/COBJ in this forum.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 4:26 PM
Hmm that seems a little complicated. Especially since I use TS4S but I'll play around with it and see if I can figure it out. Wish me luck!