Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Elynda : 26th Feb 2018 at 2:48 AM. Reason: Found solution

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default SOLVED: Glitching Umbrellas Problem.
My game appears to have developed a weird glitch where sims won't go anywhere when it is raining and it appears to be a problem with the umbrellas. They will walk to the roadside as if they are about to hail a cab or use some other vehicle and then put up an umbrella which then immediately vanishes. I can avoid the problem with my playable sim by just not giving him an umbrella, but every other sim is autonomously trying to use one and failing. Meaning they don't do anything but stand there repeatedly putting up umbrellas only to have them vanish. I first noticed this problem whilst playing in the University world where none my sims housemates could go anywhere whilst it was raining, or if they were already out, then could not come home, forcing me to reset them. I have checked out some other saves and the same thing is happening with them too. I've never had this problem before and I can't think what could have caused it. I have downloaded a few items of cc recently but no mods.

EDIT: Well, I was wrong. I'd forgotten about this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download...=1&goto=newpost. I was using the 'no all idles' version, which presumably includes the martial arts idles, and as the last post in the comments points out, that conflicts with the umbrellas. Remind me to read the comments next time!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor