Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Violet Tonks : 31st Jan 2009 at 11:43 PM.
Default Greetings and Welcome!
So fellow aficionados of all things steampunk-like, come in, take a seat and tell us about yourself!

I go by either the username Aelia elsewhere, or my name, Kate, because Violet Tonks is one of those names that you pick while in the throes of a particular fandom, and kinda regret several years on. I got into the whole steampunk vibe about a year ago after running across some rather intriguingly atired folk at a scifi convention. I investigated further and was hooked. I'd like - after I get me a job that is - to indulge in it fully, making my own costumes and props rather then just picking up the odd bit here and there.

So uh yeah. How about you all? Perhaps if there's enough people interested in this kind of thing, we could get a project of sorts going, or at least amass a good list of related links to downloads.

Can't stop the signal
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 5:19 PM
Hey Violet Tonks, i love steampunk-y style objects and mods, and what not.
I'd also love to be involved in any sort of group project, if you wouldnt mind. :P
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:51 AM
Hi Violet. I'm totally in love with steampunk things, in the game or out, as well as art nouveau and Victoriana. I've posted just a few tiny steampunky recolors, but I'm hoping to make more, though it seems with Sims 3 coming out, it may not be worth the effort (I've been putting off learning how to mesh for over 4 years, not sure if I'll start now).

Thanks for starting this group! I'd love to see people sharing pictures of steampunky things that just them drool. For me, it's all total eye candy.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 2:02 PM
Frazzz, if I/we ever get around to doing a project, I'll definately include you!

Musiquefille, I love art nouveau as well, I wonder if the two could be combined somehow?

I've never been great at object meshing - or clothing meshing for that matter, but I'm better at that I don't know if I'll even bother with the Sims 3, not fussed on this seamless neighbourhood thing, and if it's not possible to have/make CC, it's a dealkiller.

And, well if it's steampunk pictures you want...

Can't stop the signal
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 5:49 PM
Awesome use of those weird maxis goggles. I never really could think of a reason I would ever want to use them. This totally works. And now of course comes the stream of where can i find...? That outfit is quite cute. Where did those recolors of Adele's furniture come from?

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 9:46 PM
Recolours of Adele's stuff are from my SS present from Nixy here along with a whole tonne of other stuff. I can't remember exactly where I got the outfit, it was either at GoS again (there's a whole tonne of steampunkish stuff there) or it was part of the WNF's asperation reward.

Can't stop the signal
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 5:30 PM Last edited by Frazzz : 30th Jan 2009 at 1:59 PM.
Oooh, thanks for the link
Right now im working on some cog and wheel textures.
Zombie Socks
#8 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 11:01 PM
GOS is a hotbed of steampunk creations. Where all did you guys first discover steampunk? Mine was when the victorian london theme came out on MTS2. I saw the word steampunk and was all: "WTF is that?" I looked it up and have been hooked ever since! Now it's even creeping into the stories I write and the things I draw. I love it so much!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 9:51 PM
Hey guys,

It'd be great if we could get some kind of a project going together! I love Steampunk, Just like WWW, I found it through the London Challenge. I'd love to have a Steampunk Project! I'm on the basics of object meshing, Getting there though, So I'd be up for maybe making some objects etc. If anyone else is interested in the project..?

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Zombie Socks
#10 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 10:22 PM
Totally! I actually have quite a few steampunk objects already made. A steampunk project would be really fun!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Forum Resident
#11 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:38 PM
WWW, Sounds great! I could even try some clothes too! :P

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Zombie Socks
#12 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 8:56 PM
*pokes Dj music* I will be looking forward to that!

Forum Resident
#13 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 9:56 PM
*pokes WWW* So, Anyone else interested in the project?

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Instructor
#14 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 3:21 AM
Default Oh Goody!
Quote: Originally posted by Dj Music
*pokes WWW* So, Anyone else interested in the project?

*Glances at everyone with a starry-eyed, chereb-like expression*
Oh goody! I can make clothes, and perhaps object recolors, if my assitance is welcomed. Right now I'm fufilling a steampunk request on GOS.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:09 PM
That's awesome slar!
So, That's you, Me and WWW to start off! I'll make a new thread now, And we can all post pictures of creations for it in there, And maybe get feedback on them.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 9:50 AM
Hi! this thread is a little bit old, but well...I love this style and I got inspired to make a blog http://vuokkosims.livejournal.com I hope someone had a suscription here and read my post :P
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 10:05 AM
Hi! this thread is a little bit old, but well...I love this style and I got inspired to make a blog VuokkoSims I hope someone had a suscription here and read my post :P

[IMG][/IMG]