Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Overhaul -- Interviews And More (UPDATED: 30 May 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 30th Jun 2019 at 1:56 AM - Updated 30th May 2021 at 6:40 PM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See "Changelog"

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 159 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Scholar
#76 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 3:42 AM
Thank you for the update! I was getting a lot of script errors from NRaas OnceRead and NRaas Careers, especially with teens clicking on rabbithole buildings. I wasn't sure what was happening until I read a few comments here. It's all good now
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 1:03 AM
Does this mod affect inactive sims in any way? Trying to figure out why my Nraas Story Progression Castes for my Homeworld University that automatically make Sims enroll isn't working.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#78 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babaloofang
Does this mod affect inactive sims in any way? Trying to figure out why my Nraas Story Progression Castes for my Homeworld University that automatically make Sims enroll isn't working.

This mod should not affect inactive sims, nor should it touch the story progression system in any way.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 2:41 PM
Hello! Sorry to bother you, but your mod seems to conflict with a 'more entry points' mod. The Nraas career V2 is the one I use.

http://modthesims.info/d/568897/add...university.html
Space Pony
Original Poster
#80 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 9:58 PM
NEW UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 23, 2019

Changelog:
  • Added Polish translation. Thanks Wojtek!
  • Career promotions are no longer automatic, nor are they guaranteed; see "Other Major Changes" for more info
Please clear caches and redownload!

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Mad Poster
#81 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 5:51 PM
I just found this was updated again and it was already fixing the issues normally found in a game without this Mod where sims could end up taking a job with no rabbit hole present in the world as is often the case in my new games and it also helps in challenges like my apocalypse challenge in the 16th century North American fishing colony game I'm playing.I was able to remove some careers that might cause isssues like script errors and others that just need a bigger population.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#82 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 12:15 AM
Thanks again for this mod- I love that it makes finding a job much more of a process that has consequences!
Test Subject
#83 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 12:50 PM
This is a great mod, but is there a reason I'm getting the accept/decline promotion pop up for sims not in my active household? Is it part of the mod, a bug, or just a weird interaction with other mods?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#84 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simbot177
This is a great mod, but is there a reason I'm getting the accept/decline promotion pop up for sims not in my active household? Is it part of the mod, a bug, or just a weird interaction with other mods?

It looks like an oversight on my part. I should be able to push out a hotfix tonight

Space Pony
Original Poster
#85 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 2:39 AM
NEW UPDATE: OCTOBER 3, 2019

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug concerning promotion dialogs appearing for Sims outside the active household.
Please clear caches and redownload!

Field Researcher
#86 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 2:51 PM
Great Mod! I made the Italian translations for it
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  JobOverhaulCareers ITALIAN translation.7z (4.5 KB, 2 downloads)

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#87 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 12:27 AM
Hey i love this mod so thank you so much. I see youve already fixed the promotion pop-ups for inactive sims so thanks for that.

Dashboard says this conflicts with JustAnotherSimFan's Hack Anytime mod and Don Babilon's Clutter Your Map mod but specifically only with the College of Business from University part.

Is this one of those "conflicts" that can be ignored?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#88 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashmo
Dashboard says this conflicts with JustAnotherSimFan's Hack Anytime mod and Don Babilon's Clutter Your Map mod but specifically only with the College of Business from University part.

Is this one of those "conflicts" that can be ignored?

Hack Anytime has a flavor that increases the number of jobs available on the computer and newspaper. Are you using my mod's global tuning package? If so, you can use S3PE to copy the changes from Hack Anytime into my global tuning package with no problems.

Don Babilon's mod overrides the College_of_Business XML resource, which I also override to increase the cost of attending a Resume and Interview class. If you put Don Babilon's mod in your Overrides folder, the cost of attending a class will be set back to default, but otherwise the College of Business map tags will not properly "clutter." Again, if you have S3PE, you can merge these changes into one file and remove the conflict.

Lab Assistant
#89 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 3:05 PM Last edited by ashmo : 11th Oct 2019 at 2:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
Hack Anytime has a flavor that increases the number of jobs available on the computer and newspaper. Are you using my mod's global tuning package? If so, you can use S3PE to copy the changes from Hack Anytime into my global tuning package with no problems.

Don Babilon's mod overrides the College_of_Business XML resource, which I also override to increase the cost of attending a Resume and Interview class. If you put Don Babilon's mod in your Overrides folder, the cost of attending a class will be set back to default, but otherwise the College of Business map tags will not properly "clutter." Again, if you have S3PE, you can merge these changes into one file and remove the conflict.

Thanks so much for the quick response. That all makes perfect sense and I do have S3PE and I think I'm okay with using it. I just have a few questions. Is it possible to just eliminate the part in Hack Anytime that increases the number of jobs available? I opened it in S3PE and then opened one of the XMLs in Notepad++ and found these 3 lines under </kComputerTuning>

<FindJobNumJobOpportunies value="5">
<!--Number of jobs offered at a time.-->
</FindJobNumJobOpportunies>

<FindJobNumMinutesBetweenOffer value="2">
<!--Number of minutes between job offers.-->
</FindJobNumMinutesBetweenOffer>

<FindActiveCareerNumAvailable value="8">
<!--Number of active careers offered at a time.-->
</FindActiveCareerNumAvailable>

Would editing any of those values eliminate the in game increase and the conflict with your mod? And if so would i just have to change these numbers back to the default values or should i change them to match the values from your tuning package?

It's the same type of question regarding Don Babilons mod. I want to keep your mod resume class fee but also with the ability of his mod to keep my map cluttered. I understand what you mean by merging them im just a little hazy on the actual process. I think it has to do with importing his mod into yours but that's one feature that always makes me nervous. So if you could point me in the direction of a tutorial on that it would be appreciated.
Thanks

UPDATE- additional help still needed.
I think I was making it more complicated than it needed to be.
Okay i edited the price of the classes in Don Babilon's XML to match yours and slapped it in my overrides. So now i get my map clutter with your updated class fees. I love making things more expensive.
Now I'm wondering if i could just change the available hacking times in your mod and eliminate my need for the Hack Anytime mod all together. Bc i dont really care for the increase in job offers.
I cant figure why that wouldn't work but im no modder. So would that work?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#90 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashmo
UPDATE- additional help still needed.
I think I was making it more complicated than it needed to be.
Okay i edited the price of the classes in Don Babilon's XML to match yours and slapped it in my overrides. So now i get my map clutter with your updated class fees. I love making things more expensive.
Now I'm wondering if i could just change the available hacking times in your mod and eliminate my need for the Hack Anytime mod all together. Bc i dont really care for the increase in job offers.
I cant figure why that wouldn't work but im no modder. So would that work?

All you would have to do is change the HackStartHour and HackEndHour values in my tuning package to match the values in Hack Anytime. Note that you need to copy the tuning values from all the different types of computer in the mod.

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 4:16 PM
What age is required for the acting career? My sim is a young adult human and it says "You are not the right age and or species for this job" When I try to apply.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#92 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by springfairy556
What age is required for the acting career? My sim is a young adult human and it says "You are not the right age and or species for this job" When I try to apply.

There are two different versions of the Film career: one is full-time and the other is part-time. While the full-time career has no restrictions for Sims that are young adult or older, the part-time job is only for teen Sims who have at least a one-star celebrity level.

Test Subject
#93 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 7:54 AM
how do you go to the interview?
Scholar
#94 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dlarlQma
how do you go to the interview?

Your sim should automatically go to the interview 1 hour before the designated start time. If they don't, you can send them by clicking on the rabbithole and there'll be an option to go to the interview.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 8:11 PM
I must have bad luck, as the job my sim wants is never available.No matter what job.I originally wanted business, and the "classifieds" never advertised for that, I eventually gave up and decided to look for the daycare, and now Business is available and daycare is not.:/ I eventually pulled the mod and joined daycare and posted it back in.

I love the mod for interview aspect, but kind of wish there was a way to make all the jobs advertised.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 9:25 AM
thank you great mod keep it up
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 4:31 AM
How do I cancel an interview?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#98 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by springfairy556
How do I cancel an interview?

There is an interaction on all phones that should allow you to cancel a scheduled interview.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 9:25 PM
Amazing! Download this ya'll, I have no idea how I lived without it. Adds so much more realism into your game!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 4:38 PM
So loser sims are doomed for life. Well, that's basically the trait, though.
Cool mod! Definitely makes careers more interesting.
Page 4 of 9