Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:18 PM
Default Homecrafter NOT working with Pets
Hi you guys!

I've got the new expansion pack Pets and I just love it! But I was making a new mural and wanted to import it into the game. Then I noticed that Homecrafter isn't working. No message or anything. The program just don't start. Is this problem known to anybody else? I couldn't find a post on the official Sims site concerning this issue, so I'm asking here. Because I always get so much 'good' help from you guys.

Thanks alot and enjoy Pets!
Fjiantra

Tiredness fuels empty thoughts
Advertisement
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:21 PM
I just tried Homecrafter (had not used it since I installed Pets) and it works fine for me.

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 6:26 PM
Hmm...strange... Well, maybe I need to reinstall it. Thanks for the reply!

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 6:32 PM
mine doesnt work as well. Nor does a friends either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 8:05 AM
I haven't found the time yet to reinstall Homecrafter, but maybe you should. IF you can find the time..hehehe. Please let me know if it works. If it doesn't, maybe we should inform EA.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 12:52 AM
i have just unistalled mine and reinstalled it.... i press it, and the computer makes a noise, but alas no homecrafter loads.... so annoyed as well as was gonna make some new stone walls for halloween

If you have a house which you want creating, PM with a link to the plans/picture, and I will message back with comments saying if I can do it or not. I will try alter the design before I say I can't do it.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 9:45 AM
For those having issues: try taking out all your custom content from your Downloads folder and then running it. Certain hacked (transparent, etc.) floor tiles could cause problems with Homecrafter before Pets and it's possible it's just not erroring and crashing anymore with those files in, but just not doing anything. Can't guarantee that's the problem but it could be.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 10:14 AM
I re-downloaded it from EA a few days ago. I uninstalled the old one and installed the one I had just downloaded. I don't know if it was updated, but my Homecrafter works just fine.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 3:19 PM
Okay, I just tried to load up mine to make some walls (as it appears floors are borked for Pets too, oh boy, what isn't?) and it would not load. Click the icon, hourglass for half a second, nothing happened, nothing showing in task manager, etc...

I uninstalled Homecrafter, went to the EA site and redownloaded it, and reinstalled it with the new file. Tried to run it again, nothing happened. Rebooted, tried to run it again, and it came up. I've yet to make anything in it but I have my fingers and toes crossed.

If you're having the same problem, try an uninstall, reinstall, reboot.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:13 PM
So, the programme is still run in the memories, and that's why it takes a reboot?

I never install HCP to run it, and hopefully the new one needn't either. Gonna test it out in my TS2.

Thanks for the infos...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 7:59 PM
I formatted my computer so had to install everything again from scratch, but I've made some nice walls and floors since (with pets expansion installed). It's loading up and working flawlessly, even showed all my custom stuff.

Hope you get it working again soon . Not sure why some peoples works and some others are having problems.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Sindagator : 4th Nov 2006 at 1:21 PM. Reason: solved
I just tried mine and it isn't starting either. I downloaded the new version and it won't even install. Nothing happens when I click the install application?? Has that happened to anybody else?

OK,i had to uninstall first before I could reinstall and now it works fine.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xianah
I re-downloaded it from EA a few days ago. I uninstalled the old one and installed the one I had just downloaded. I don't know if it was updated, but my Homecrafter works just fine.

This worked like a charm! Thanks for sharing it!

...and I would be remiss for not thanking HystericalParoxysm for pointing this post out on the other thread. So, thanks HP!

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 12:35 AM
WOOOOOOOOT! I'm back in business! Thanks so much! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 6:19 PM
I finally found the time to reinstall HCP. I've deleted all my custom content and now it works. So, I'm not sure if it works WITH the custom content... but it works! Thanks for all the reply's!

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 6:38 AM
I had the same problem with Homecrafter not loading. An error message that said Application has been terminated. I tried to right-click and run it. Uninstall and install, several times. Nothing. On a hunch, I deleted the Group.cache from the game. It worked. A friend of mine had the same problem and deleted the group.cache. Homecrafter works again for her too. This game is quirky at times.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 1:09 PM
Thanks to the tips here my Homecrafter works again Thank God. I'm totally lost without it. I uninstalled it downloaded it from the official site again restarted the computer in case old files where "hanging in" and installed the new downloaded version and it worked. Hope you guys that have no luck with this method find another way
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:41 AM
Woooo back in business!!!! Thanks u guys, I was going into withdrawl there for a while :P

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF THEIR GOVERNMENTS. GOVERNMENTS SHOULD BE AFRAID OF THEIR PEOPLE

Jonsey666
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#19 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 11:06 AM
What changed in Pets for walls and floors? Or is this to do with being able to break your floors up into quarters?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 7:21 AM
my homecrafter works fine, it's SimPE i'm having issues with. ah well. there are brilliant people working on those problems. i just wish i was one of them.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:20 PM
My Homecrafter has been popping errors also. Sometimes it would work and sometimes, as soon as I would start it up, I'd get the "Application has crashed" error. It did it all day today, and after reading this (post #16 - thanks SliverLynx!) I deleted the group.cache, and just like that it works again. It's funny, because I've never had that problem till installing Pets. Rather, I have with my game, but never with Homecrafter. Many kudos goes to whoever first discovered how useful deleting that file could be.
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 11:59 AM
The same thing happened to me, but after three tries on running it, i decided wait to see what happens. After 2-3 minutes it opened. I assume that depending of the number of Downloads (custom content) it checks the resources to use (walls, floors, etc...). Talking about 4-5 thousand free objects. ;-)
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Althea : 27th Jan 2007 at 11:08 AM.
I can't reinstall the HCP. I downloaded it two times from the offical page. But nothing happens, if I click the file.
I own University, Nightlife, Open for Business and Pets.

Since I installed Pets neither Homecrafter nor Bodyshop runs although there are no hacks or downloads in my game. Just some walls and floors I made.

Please help.
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 10:45 AM
It works fine for me, even though I just got Pets myself. Everything works fine, Homecrafter and Bodyshop work just like they should, and I can use them well. But I have never downloaded any hacks too.