Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 11:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Family funds dropped from 10M to 6M
Ooookay, this just happened.
This was their family funds yesterday:

And this is their family funds today:

And I'm just in disbelief. I have no idea why and how that could happen?! It's not like they need the money, but I've been playing with this family for the longest time and was proud to reach 10 million without cheats, so I took the screenshot (which I'm now glad that I did), and now this? Sure, they have lost a lot of money before due to investments, but they have never lost literally 4 millions?! I also checked their recent earning statistics since they have an owned home business, and nothing there indicates they have lost a lot of money recently, but rather the opposite. So what the hell happened? The only thing I can think of is that I just downloaded the Reward Catalog, and stored all their aspiration points in there, but what does aspiration points have to do with money? Or maybe my nbh is just corrupt, I've been having lots of bugs recently, that's why I've become a regular on the help forum (LOL). Or is it that the game can simply not count more money? But why drop to 6 million... ? Jeez o.o
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 12:24 AM
That's household net worth, right? Did you buy a lot of fancy stuff all at the same time? It may have all depreciated at the same time, too. That'd have to be a lot of very expensive stuff, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 2:28 AM
Does one of your sims have the fortune aspiration and maxed out all their freetime perks? The top tier fortune perk is stock investing, and it has a random chance to take away your money depending on how the stock fares out that day. It sizes itself based on how much you already have, so if you have little money, stock will take away or give you little money, and if you had $10m, it could take away or give you looots of money, or in this case $6m.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 6:18 AM
But it does it at two in the afternoon and tells you what happened in a pop-up, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But it does it at two in the afternoon and tells you what happened in a pop-up, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Exactly, i think i would have reacted if i saw them lose 4 million. I've only seen them lose like, 300,000 or something. And plus, like i said, their business statistics is all green. There should be a big glaring red loss if they Lost that kind of money.

And to answer the other questions, yes I've bought expensive tvs to bring money to uni, but they didn't cost 4M, and I've sold them when they got home, plus a looot of other stuff, so if anything, they have EARNED more than usual, because i usually don't sell everything they produce right away, i let it pile up. And i recently sold everything they had piled up.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 10:45 PM
Sorry for the threadcromancy, but it happened again...

A 2 million loss once again. And as you can see, no indication of significant money loss in the business info. It's clearly a bug, and it's a shame that it seems like I'm the only one experiencing it. I guess my "dream" of reaching the money limit is out of reach.
Theorist
#7 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 3:38 AM
@Pideli I was just reading about Lifetime aspiration benefits. Do you sims happen to have the Fortune aspiration 'Investing'?

The amount gained or lost is based on a variable percentage of the family funds. This benefit is applied every day at 4:00 PM. Unlike most actions which take place at a set time of day, this will happen if the Sim is on a community lot when the clock hits 4:00 PM. This means it could happen once while the Sim is on a community lot and again while the Sim is at home. It does not say if your sims are notified of a gain or loss when it happens.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 5:52 AM
Are there a lot of solar panels? I've heard about a glitch where having too many can cause an overflow and cause a Sim to lose money.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives