Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default HoodChecker: Neighborhood Does Not Exist (tombstones)?
I am using Tarlia's cleaned up templates. I have never played Belladonna Cove since installing.

I ran HoodChecker on Belladonna Cove this evening and HoodChecker came up with a whole list of this:

Quote:
Memories:
Neighborhood does not exist: Neighborhood: [Invisible] Tombstone for 0x00FB Fabio Green is being moved to 0x008A Gamesend Grounds in HoodID=0x0001
Neighborhood does not exist: Neighborhood: [Invisible] Tombstone for 0x00FE Adriana Green is being moved to 0x008A Gamesend Grounds in HoodID=0x0001

And the list goes on for about three dozen lines.

What in the world does this mean, and what do I do about it? What does [invisible] mean? Did Belladonna Cove really ship with a bunch of dead sims floating around?

So far I have taken no actions whatsoever. I have NOT asked Hoodchecker to "remove" (fix) the issues, since I haven't a clue about it. I only saved a log of the result and exited HoodChecker.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 11:09 AM
When you're starting up Belladonna Cove, the graves of the premade ancestors are supposed to be in transit, i.e. the process of being from a residential lot to a community one, like you can do by clicking on a grave in live mode. EAxis messed up the neighborhood identifiers though, meaning the graves are essentially in transit to a lot in a neighborhood that doesn't exist.

Have you played the 'hood prior to running the HoodChecker? With Tarlia's templates the graves should be delivered correctly if you open up Gamesend Ground, the cemetary lot, before doing anything else with the 'hood. If you try doing that with a fresh copy of Tarlia's Belladonna Cove and the issue persists, then I'm at a loss.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scathed
When you're starting up Belladonna Cove, the graves of the premade ancestors are supposed to be in transit, i.e. the process of being from a residential lot to a community one, like you can do by clicking on a grave in live mode. EAxis messed up the neighborhood identifiers though, meaning the graves are essentially in transit to a lot in a neighborhood that doesn't exist.

Have you played the 'hood prior to running the HoodChecker? With Tarlia's templates the graves should be delivered correctly if you open up Gamesend Ground, the cemetary lot, before doing anything else with the 'hood. If you try doing that with a fresh copy of Tarlia's Belladonna Cove and the issue persists, then I'm at a loss.

I didn't play Belladonna before or after running the HoodChecker, because I wasn't sure what all this tombstones business was about.

I'll check Gamesend when I play Belladonna. I may go in there today to refit the EAxis community lots. Thank you for the help, I couldn't find much info by google.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 5:48 PM
Hoodchecker should actually be able to fix the tombstone issue and allow you to select a graveyard, so try clicking the Remove option.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:10 PM
I find that even after fixing the issue with HoodChecker, it reoccurs after the next play session.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 2:30 AM
I checked "remove" in HoodChecker and ran it.

Then I started the game, went to Gamesend Grounds in Buy/Build Mode and the graves were there. I arranged them all around the grounds and saved the lot.

I went in today with a Belladonna playable to double check, graves still there, but not a single other (live) sim showed up (I'm set to max 25 visitors for my computer's sake. There are more graves than that and each one contains a [dead] sim.)

And when I told him to walk home, the game got hung up on the loading family screen for 10 real minutes. So apparently I'll just have avoid visiting Gamesend, or I need to divide the graves between a couple of cemeteries, if I ever want playables to visit. I think the old athlete guy is about to retire from his career and become owner and groundskeeper of three or four cemeteries.

But my point was, Nysha, have you tried opening the lot in Buy/Build, arrange graves and save the lot?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 6:57 PM
No, I haven't - thanks for the suggestion.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.