Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 1:16 PM
Will this program help if I lost my serial code for one of my Sims 2 Games?

~Chocolatedoggy12~
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#127 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 8:19 PM
Yes, it will. It retrieves your serial key from the registry.
Test Subject
#128 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:12 AM
Oh thank you SO MUCH! It's so easy to use, and I was freaking out when I lost my Seasons Proof of Purchase! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't stress that enough!
Test Subject
#129 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 10:11 AM
OhEmGee
This is absolutely amazing! Thank you so very much x3
Saved thirty dollars from going down the drain! *hugs* :lovestruc
Test Subject
#130 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 5:49 PM
Default Need help
Thank you so much- finally somebody is thinkin'!
I lost two of my ex. pack manuals: teen style and bon voyage...I emailed EA because I was sure that these codes are recorded somwhere on my computer or else I couldn't very well be able to play them. They told me to re-register my game, which I did, then told me I'd have to send my disks to them with 10.00 to be "read".
I was thrilled when someone told me about your program and it's working...but coincidently, there are only 2 packs that aren't showing up...the very same two ex packs that I'm missing my codes for! Now I'm starting to wonder if EA didn't ask me to re-register and somehow remove those files so that they couldn't be read?! (Paranoia LOL) but really- that is odd. They must know about your program one would think, yet they never mentioned it to me, even though its found on their own websight. Is there a way to manually look for those games? They show up on my computer, and can play them etc.
Even if I can't get my own issue figured out, I'm still gratefull
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#131 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 1:33 AM
If they are on your computer then the key code is in your registry.
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=176239
Test Subject
#132 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 6:19 PM
Default Thank You!!
U are an absolute genius, and my favorite person for the day!! Thank you so much!! The Sims 2 Serial Key Printer is simple and fast. You saved me such a huge headache.

Thanks Again!

Tara R. :D
Test Subject
#133 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:49 PM
I love you.

O_O
Test Subject
#134 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 4:00 AM
is it going to be able to pick up Double Deluxe
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#135 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:45 PM
I don't think so as that will be one key for the base plus EPs. You can still find it manually though:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...our_License_Key
Instructor
#136 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:58 PM
since OtherworldBob got it to work with Deluxe "maybe" it would work with Double Deluxe if it was ever updated but the creator hasn't been on in months

hope nothing bad happened to them

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
Original Poster
#137 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
since OtherworldBob got it to work with Deluxe "maybe" it would work with Double Deluxe if it was ever updated but the creator hasn't been on in months

hope nothing bad happened to them

Na, I'm okay just had plenty of things eating my time, but I've finally got myself a break from the craziness and found myself on a bit of a holiday.
Thanks for the concern though, with the speed the internet moves at I'd have thought I would have consigned to the internet achieve.

I've updated the regular version so that it should now pick up the three games it has been missing in my absence.

Also, I've been working on and have uploaded an experimental version for anyone to try out.
Theoretically, it should pick up any The Sims 2 serial number resident in the appropriate location of your registry - without the need to update with every new game that comes out.
It works at my end, but as ever, your mileage may vary, crash reports very much welcome.

I hope everyone else is well and ready to enjoy the Olympics!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#138 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 10:08 PM
Wicked, thanks for that, Bob!
Instructor
#139 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 10:08 PM
i tryed Sims 2 Key Printer an it didnt pick up my Kitchen & Bath game an in the ballon for Ikea you have it listed as coming soon :-\

i tryed the experimental version it seems to have them all listed

tho i prefer the first version its more neat/colorful lol

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Instructor
#140 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:06 PM Last edited by knightguy82 : 9th Aug 2008 at 11:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If they are on your computer then the key code is in your registry.
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=176239

follwing this i guess i was mistaken its

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff

Not "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff"

-------------------------------------------------------

that was quick an it worked

heres a pic you can use if you want since i noticed there wasnt one on the 1st page

after Apartments you should be done updating this unless EA/Maxis does a Triple Deluxe since they said in the FreeTime chat anymore objects will be posted at the Overpriced Sims Store
Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#141 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 1:22 AM
Argh - I'm forever forgetting to update those balloons.

Oh, so Maxis/EA maintained the ampersand this time?
Quick update done for that one.

Good to know the experimental version is working for you guys.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#142 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 12:33 PM
It's picking up all EPs and SPs for me too, Bob (the experimental version, that is). I'm curious- will it pick up the deluxe/ double deluxe keys? I don't have those packs myself to test.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#143 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:59 PM
Both versions should pick up both the Deluxe/D.Deluxe keys now - I'm told that the Deluxe key is stored in precisely the same way as any other base-game/expansion/stuff key.
I reckon that Double Deluxe would follow suit.
Test Subject
#144 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 12:00 AM
Default Help please
K so with this serial key thing or code or whatever. I need to be able to put it in when i put it in the first disc. So I get up to that part. And then I try clicking on the sim2keyprinter and it says i don't have the game or something. What should I do??
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#145 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 5:56 PM
That is correct- this program will only read the key once it exists in your registry. You need to manually type the key in from the code on the back of the leaflet that came with your disc.
Test Subject
#146 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 12:52 PM
Thanks a lot!
Instructor
#147 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 10:27 PM
Brilliant! Thanks for the update Bob
Test Subject
Original Poster
#148 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
after Apartments you should be done updating this unless EA/Maxis does a Triple Deluxe since they said in the FreeTime chat anymore objects will be posted at the Overpriced Sims Store
Whilst I certainly be doing an update for Apartment Life, this is the reason for the experimental version...no matter how many 'Deluxe' or 'Stuff' packs that appear in the future, it should pick them all up. I'd fully expect 'The Sims 2 Complete Collection' to turn up at some point.
It's looking more colourful now too, I've put the game icons back in and that's all working. Just some layout issues to work on now.

I haven't seen the GBP/SimPoint ratio yet, but I've always been suspicious of micro-transactions.
Quote: Originally posted by stitch03_f
Thanks a lot!
Quote: Originally posted by cameronsnan
Brilliant! Thanks for the update Bob
No problem!
Instructor
#149 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 9:01 AM
heres the code

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\The Sims 2 Apartment Life

Test Subject
#150 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 9:47 AM
omg... Apartment life is out zomg OMG UPLOAD THT
!!
Page 6 of 9