Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 3:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Affair memory with sibling
I was looking through the memory panel of one of my sims and he has a memory for an affair with his sister.
He hasn't had an affair with anyone, let alone his sister, and at the time his sister also wasn't romantic with anyone. They were both teens and he was married (through inteen). Neither of them have any other romantic memories of each other.

Is this a sign of corruption or just a run of the mill glitch? Should I go into SimPE and delete the offending memory, or just leave it?
I also haven't saved or exited the game yet. Should I just exit without saving and hope it doesn't happen a second time?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 3:05 AM
I am betting it had something to do with inteen. I would make a backup, run hood checker then open SimPE or an ingame memory remover.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 12:37 PM
Probably just a random glitch - no need to blame Inteen particularly. Yes, you can delete it in SimPE - you might have a look at their relationship panel and make sure it's set to family. The game does occasionally unset this flag.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 11:16 PM
As far as I can tell, 'had an Affair' means only that one sim flirted with another. That might mean only Check Sim Out. Does your sim have the option to flirt with his sister? If not, it is just a weird glitch, When I run up on something like that, if I have not been playing long, I will quit without saving and start over. But it may have been there in the previous play session without being noticed. So remove with SimPE if it really bothers you.

@joandsarah77 - Is there an ingame memory remover that can remove specific memories? I've got Batbox which can get rid of gossip and trash, (whatever that is). A couple of others will do the same, but haven't found one to target a single memory.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 1:16 AM
The memory manipulator-I think it's called. It looks like a plate of candles.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
As far as I can tell, 'had an Affair' means only that one sim flirted with another. That might mean only Check Sim Out. Does your sim have the option to flirt with his sister? If not, it is just a weird glitch, When I run up on something like that, if I have not been playing long, I will quit without saving and start over. But it may have been there in the previous play session without being noticed. So remove with SimPE if it really bothers you.

@joandsarah77 - Is there an ingame memory remover that can remove specific memories? I've got Batbox which can get rid of gossip and trash, (whatever that is). A couple of others will do the same, but haven't found one to target a single memory.

Trash memories are memories thought to be unimportant by Pescado. More or less trivial kinds of memories.

There is The Memory Manipulator from Aaroneous, the same guy who makes the Sim Manipulator, it works in game and it will target memories. It will remove and it will add memories or a memory. Read the description for yourself of course

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:16 AM
"Trash memories" include the Mystery Sim memories, moved in, met [sim name], met [pet name], and possibly others. The "moved in" and "met whoever" memories can rapidly clog your sim's memory panel if you don't clear them out. This used to contribute to a jump bug in the base game. One of the patches raised the limit on the number of memories a sim can have (among other things), so this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

It's recommended that you clear gossip too so that nobody can gossip about memories that have now been deleted.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg373749
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 6:44 AM
I did end up quitting without saving (I only lost one sim day of gameplay). When I replayed that day it didn't happen again, so probably a one off glitch.
Family tags are set and neither of them have romantic options with the other, so hopefully all is fine.
Thank you everyone for your help