Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 9:28 PM Last edited by TheThirdWizard : 20th Jan 2019 at 7:55 PM. Reason: one teen aged up BEFORE midnight, not ON midnight; just making it clear

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default [Solved] Triplets not aging at the same time
...Or at least something like that. The issue itself is too complex to be written as a title, but I can summarize it as a single phrase:

When multiple sims need to age at the same time, my game only ages up the person whose portrait appears first in the portraits panel, leaving the others with stuck aging.

My current family has 5 children. My sims have twins and triplets at the same time. They were a pain to grow; luckily one of my sims was Family Oriented and I managed to deal with the situation well enough to select their traits, although I always like to randomize them. Recently, the triplets which were teens and the twins which were children had to age up at the same time. This time, only one teen aged up before midnight, then I had to manually age up all the other children and teens in the household after midnight because they weren't aging up. Now one of the triplets is one day older then the other two, even if they were born at the same time. I could fix it via Master Controller if I really wanted to, but I am too lazy to do it.

I don't know about any mods I might have that modify anything to aging. Possibly just Consort's Age mod. I also used to have his Grow mod, but it didn't work for me so I cleaned up all the sims and uninstalled it while my triplets were children.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 9:50 PM
Try to trigger their birthday a day ahead (been a while since I played TS3, but I think they get the "grow up" option one day before they grow up), or make them celebrate via cakes. The auto grow-up function may be a little iffy.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 2:45 AM Last edited by igazor : 20th Jan 2019 at 3:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheThirdWizard
I could fix it via Master Controller if I really wanted to, but I am too lazy to do it.

I'm sorry, assuming you already have MasterContoller (and the MC Cheats module), it's only a couple of clicks into MC > Sim > Intermediate to fix mishaps like this. Or did you mean something else -- not sure how we could make that any more convenient. But this kind of thing is exactly what those functions are for.

The other way to proceed would be to have the one "older" triplet eat a piece of life fruit or drink one portion of soymilk (farm fresh store set, the one with the cows) as either one should subtract one sim day from their total age, but that seems more complicated to me than the MC way if you don't have the content handy.

I believe the underlying problem was probably that age-ups on actively played sims are very taxing on the game and too many of them scheduled for the same evening are more likely to overwhelm things than more spaced out birthdays would. It's not considered standard that "more than one" is too many, but there could have been other things going on that day around your world that were maybe stressing out the game at the time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 7:54 PM
Thank you for your answers! From now on, I will age them up manually when many sims have their birthdays on the same day, if really there is no fix for it. I understand hat the game is already very complex as it is, and taking into consideration that I also overcomplicated it with store items and mods, I can leave it as it is, if this issue is quite normal, frequent, and unfixable.

Quote:
I'm sorry, assuming you already have MasterContoller (and the MC Cheats module), it's only a couple of clicks into MC > Sim > Intermediate to fix mishaps like this.

I'm sorry too, @igazor, but I think that you've misunderstood me a little bit. I was not trying to criticize the MC mod. It is an awesome mod that really helps me a lot in my any game I play. I was rather trying to criticize myself for being so lazy to do it, even if this issue is so simple to fix. Still, it doesn't bother me that much to go and fix it any soon (It's just a day after all, I'm not that perfectionist). But the possibility is there. Hats off to the Nraas team (including you ) for all their continued work and support!
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 4:44 PM
Use the birthday cake and age them up at the same time. I mean, at least the same day and couple of minutes in-between. That'll synchronise their ages and they'll all have, for example: 8 days to age up. Check the Simology tab for that. Once they all become a teen or child at the same time, they'll have the same amount of days remaining for the next age.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 5:53 PM
Forgot to say - If you choose the cake or manual grow-up route, make sure to do it after 6pm (18:00) on their last day, so they get that day to work with. If you do it before 6pm, they'll lose the rest of the life stage they were in, plus most of their first day of the new life stage, since they'll age another day when the clock hits 6pm. Depending on timing they could end up losing around 1-2 days.