Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 10:57 PM Last edited by TheThirdWizard : 28th Jan 2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Typos

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Mixed UI and crazy autonomy on first university day
Hello again.

This time I sent my triplets to the university. What could go wrong? A lot of things actually...

Right now my game is stuck on the first day of university. My last save is placed in time just before the issues appear. At around 6:30 in the morning, I get three notifications stating that my triplets' first classes will start soon. Within a few sim-minutes, at around 06:45, the clock on the UI gets stuck. In reality, the time seems to be still advancing though, since the in-game clock objects still show that the time is moving forward.

After I receive the notification, when I switch from sim A to sim B or C, the portrait on the UI, the one above the clock, still is sim A's, though the moodlets, wishes and LTW are sim B's or sim C's. Initially, the data in the panels on the left (needs, academic performance, LTRs, etc) is still sim A's, but after I change the panel shown, the data refreshes and changes to show the correct information, sim B's or sim C's.

When I switch back to sim A, sim A's data that was stuck is still there, while the panels still don't refresh until I change them. (They just keep showing sim B or sim C's data.)

The autonomy also behaves weird. It seems to behave like it would have been set on some sort of a hyperspeed mode. After I cancel an unwanted interaction, a new unwanted and autonomus one almost instantly appears to replace the old one, far before I can choose another interaction myself. This applies to actives and inactives. In fact, I've never seen inactives to choose new interactions that fast before. Usually they stay idle at least a few sim-minutes before deciding what to do next. One thing I haven't tested is what happens if I turn off free will, though I think I will test it soon.

The autonomy issue especially makes the game unplayable.

I have tried to delete my cache and I am still trying to identify if any of my mods is causing the problem. This will take a while though, even with the repeated mod halving method, because I have a huge amount of mods installed. Until I manage to check them all though, I still feel that my issue it's worth investigating, because I am thinking:

Is there any chance that the issues are not mod-related? For example, I get no script errors whatsoever, so that's why I'm thinking that it might be so.

And if it's not, will I need to abandon my current save or to reinstall my game?

Thank you for giving attention to my long post. It means a lot to me. I hope we'll be able to find the solution to my problem. I am bit afraid of needing to reinstall the game or losing my progress, because both would be a hard loss for me, in a way or another.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:19 AM
Yes. Usually I am able to figure out the issue on my own but now I seem to not be able to so easily. I have most NRAAS mods, including traveler, and I do understand that while they always do their part of work, I can't expect them to automagically fix any issue that I might have.

In my case, there are several weird things:

1. Unlike your issue, mine appears to happen at an exact moment in the game, that being the moment when I recieve the notifications, and sadly it doesn't seem to be disappearing at random like yours does.

2. I didn't travel to university at all in the past three months, and I've already removed the all the mods installed and updated in the last three months. (My mods folder is currently organized by time, not by category) If one of my older mods is causing it, then why didn't it happen earlier, aprox. three months ago and a half ago, when I travelled there last time? Also, I have not installed, uninstalled, disabled or enabled any EP or SP, and even if I installed a few store items in this period, theoretically they should work fine, since I have the latest store fixes already.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 10:49 PM Last edited by TheThirdWizard : 1st Feb 2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: wrongly placed [/url] tag
I've made some progress in identifying my issue, if what I've found out can be called progress:

1. The crazy autonomy aka time dilatation issue disappeared after I removed some mods, but the mixed UI issue still persisted. That means that I most probably have two broken mods.

2. I've managed to find out which mod was causing my UI to be mixed up and it was the No More Zombies Generated At Full Moon by @Personcalledjoy (http://modthesims.info/d/486695). Such a shame! I can't play the game without that mod! And I can't play it with the mod either. And also, I don't want to disable or uninstall the Supernatural EP. Is there any other mod that gets rid of zombies available anywhere?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 5:03 PM
Yes. I happen to have discovered The Sims Asylum in November 2018. I have most of their mods, but if there really is a no zombies mod there I surely don't have it since I already had the no zombies mod from MTS. Searching there is a very good idea indeed, so thank you for your suggestion!

If they don't have one though, then I'm really curious what's the problem with it. For instance, it works perfectly in my home world, and I had no problems with it in WA locations and in the future. Also, it really intrigues me that it only started malfunctioning recently; I have used it with UL while at university before and I previously had no issue with it.

So, my options for now are:
1. Search for another mod on The Sims Asylum.
2. Try your hand at seeing why the mod doesn't work.
3. Set you lunar cycle to be either static or super long.

I also have to find my other mod that is not working and then to edit my initial post to include the solution to the problem (the mods that have to be removed/replaced). Until then, I've already posted a warning in @Personcalledjoy's mod's comment section for people whose game begins to misbehave.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 7:42 PM
I have just checked both Bluegenjutsu's mod from The Sims Asylum and Personcalledjoy's mods with S3PE, and they looked exactly like the game's XMLs, only that they had a few different values (that were of course required to remove zombies). And to me at least, it makes zero sense that those innocent tuning mods could cause any problems. But then why when I remove Personcalled joy's mod the game suddenly works?!

Really weird indeed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 8:02 PM
Wait! Are you kidding me?!

I've just loaded my game once again with Personcalledjoy's mod in my mods folder. But I swear that last evening it didn't work! And now it does!!

What's happening here?!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 8:24 PM
I finally got it! The issue is not caused by my mods, it's caused by a stupid game bug.

Since it was the first day of university, I wanted to check on the academics panel once again to remind what degrees my sims chose and what skills help them with their academic performance. So, at 06:30, when the bug happens and I receive the notification, I have the academics panel open. The game tries to add the academic progress bar to the open panel, but somehow it messes up with the UI. But if I happen to have other panel open, the game succesfully adds the academic performance bar without messing up with the whole UI.

Now I will put all my mods back to test if this truly was the only issue and if not having the panel open with my current mods installed also fixes the autonomy issue..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 8:49 PM
It happened again as soon as I opened the academics panel. I'm not sure if it was a simple bug or one of my mods' fault... I decided to test it gain with mot of my mods taken out tomorrow. Today I don't feel motivated enough to test it again.