Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 2:17 AM
Default Why Are My Sims In Outerwear?
Everything was fine, but today I loaded my game to see my sims in their cold weather gear, including the guest. The thermostat is on and set to warm. It is freezing outside, but it was when I left too. Not sure if this is a bug or glitch, so posted here. They're getting freezing weather effects indoors too, yet they all have the central heating moodlet. Needless to say, I'm quite confused!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:39 AM
I've seen this bug a couple of times as well, but have no info for a fix or prevention. In my case it was usually either harmless so I ignored it or I was quitting, anyway.

ea gon' ea

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
Everything was fine, but today I loaded my game to see my sims in their cold weather gear, including the guest. The thermostat is on and set to warm. It is freezing outside, but it was when I left too. Not sure if this is a bug or glitch, so posted here. They're getting freezing weather effects indoors too, yet they all have the central heating moodlet. Needless to say, I'm quite confused!

I think when you remove a room completely for example to make an open atrium hallway, the game regards the removed room as outdoors.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 5:21 PM
It's a box house, cause I stink at building - and nothing has been removed. So strange, but I guess that is EA for you lol.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 5:33 PM
You did put a roof on? I mean if you *really* stink at building, it might be worth asking :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 6:29 PM
Lol yes, it has a roof. I just stink at making things look cool, I'm good at slapping down a boxy house though lol.