Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 12:42 PM
Issue with second story floor tiles
This is probably a really stupid question, but for the life me, I can't seem to place any second story floor tile! Is there something different to it compared to the previous versions? Or might it be a bug?

I've already completed my first storey's layout, but still can't seem to place them.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 4:09 PM
This seems to be a build mode question so moving to Create > Build.

But I don’t quite understand what your problem is, I’m afraid -- can you post a screenshot? When you build a room it should automatically have a ceiling (which would be the second floor floor) .. do you have no ceiling or can you not use the flooring tool to apply say carpet or tile on that?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 8:42 PM
To place tiles now, you need to use the 'room' tools. Basically, just grab the square slab looking tool in the wall tool and use that. Alternatively, just place walls and when you make a room, it should automatically add a floor and ceiling.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 1:05 AM
In TS2, for example, you selected a floor tile and placed it onto the grid to create flooring all in one step.

In TS4, you place flooring down first, as TVRdesigns said, and then you apply the floor tile pattern (e.g. carpet, wood, etc).

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
In TS2, for example, you selected a floor tile and placed it onto the grid to create flooring all in one step.

In TS4, you place flooring down first, as TVRdesigns said, and then you apply the floor tile pattern (e.g. carpet, wood, etc).

I'm thought it would be like placing tiles in TS2. But I'll try your suggestions. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 8:11 AM
i finally figured it out - had to place ceilings first,THEN the floor tiles could be placed. Thanks anyway for all the suggestions!
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 1:21 AM
Looking for some clarification here... So, you HAVE to use the room tool rather than just using the wall tool to create new rooms (as in TS2) in order to place flooring on the second floor? Also, what the hell is up with not being able to place or delete individual tiles within a room?
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamots13
Looking for some clarification here... So, you HAVE to use the room tool rather than just using the wall tool to create new rooms (as in TS2) in order to place flooring on the second floor? Also, what the hell is up with not being able to place or delete individual tiles within a room?

As for the individual tiles you can, there's a really stupid way of going about it but you can. Place one of those rooms that have no walls out in your yard and resize it to the size you want and then place it where you want to remove the tile and then it'll be like a 'room' and let you remove it. You could also just change the floor tool to only do one tile at a time and click and drag to place it everywhere except where you don't want it.

Did any of that make sense? Lol
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 1:14 AM
Re. the floor tool, it has a modifier key for "whole room" vs "one tile"; I just don't remember what key that is off the top of my head .. try the usual suspects, like shift and so on. And ctrl-F also works like in TS3 (for quarter-tiles).

Thanks for the tip with the wall-less room, Melbrewer =) I'll try that next time I need to remove a floortile (was using regular rooms, with walls, for that, but that sometimes ends in bizarrity when trying to remove those temporary walls .. ).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.