Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Change Career Branch v3

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Mar 2015 at 5:15 AM - Updated 26th Jun 2015 at 4:30 AM by scumbumbo : Brazilian Portuguese translation added

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 9:35 AM
Thank you for this great mod. Keep up the good work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 1:39 PM
thanks man!! but dont no reward when you change a Brans
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:47 PM
Thanks for this! Even if the unlocks aren't all solved, this is a great mod for storytelling.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 3:43 AM
Thank you so much!
Deceased
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:19 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 27th Mar 2015 at 5:07 AM.
THIS MOD IS KNOWN TO BE INCOMPATIBLE with the latest (March 26, 2015) game patch

Mod updated to version 3 for those who are running the latest version of TS4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 10:10 PM
I've been asking EA to implement a way to change branches on reddit for ages ... then after the last patch notes someone pointed me to this...

Thanks! Now I can have my super sim with all aspirations completed :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 10:54 PM
Yes this is very usefull mainly if you're playing very few sims in a house !!!! I haven't understand the logical build in the game at start ???
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 3:21 AM
have anyone here have bugs that caused ALL SIMS lost their jobs?
I'm not sure if this is a bug from mod/CC or the game itself

I only use this mod and Teen Careers for All Ages mod in my game that related to career/job

oh yeah, I'm using the latest game version and EP Get To Work
Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 5:29 AM
I would like to report a bug while using this mod, I cannot take a vacation day while I have it.
I have get to work and OR, the mod is updated to version 3 and my sim a Diamond Agent (common Special Agent career), so I have one other phone option in the career menu (Run background check).
The take vacation day option does not appear to me, I do have a "More choices" option, but it does not do anything when I click on it.

Also, thank you for the mod, this is a wonderful idea. =)
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:15 AM
Thanks for this. Took me ages to find that stupid "enable script mods" checkbox :-/
Deceased
Original Poster
#36 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radhra
I would like to report a bug while using this mod, I cannot take a vacation day while I have it.
I have get to work and OR, the mod is updated to version 3 and my sim a Diamond Agent (common Special Agent career), so I have one other phone option in the career menu (Run background check).
The take vacation day option does not appear to me, I do have a "More choices" option, but it does not do anything when I click on it.

Also, thank you for the mod, this is a wonderful idea. =)

Hmmm, I have OR but don't have GTW yet. Planning on buying it but haven't had much time to play lately with getting the door locks working, so it didn't make sense paying for something I wouldn't really be using yet. Will probably pick it up soon, but it sounds like maybe it's getting pushed off the phone list by the fact I added something to the list of actions and so it is putting up a "More choices" option that doesn't work?

Unfortunately, not sure how to fix that (if it's even fixable) but you can always use the cheat command version of the mod instead in the meantime.
Deceased
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radhra
Now that I have GTW I can confirm this is definitely an issue, thanks. Apparantly the choice to purchase a retail lot is pushing the vacation off the phone if a sim has a job with additional phone options (like negotiations). At least one of the phone columns has a scroll bar, which apparantly they didn't add to the job column as it wasn't full yet with their own stuff. If I can figure out an easy way to add the scroll bar, I may try that. Otherwise if you have GTW it's best to just use the cheat command version, at least for now.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:54 PM
I changed my career from patron of the arts to master of the real in the painting career and at lvl 8, didnt get the "delux all-season easel". Did i do something wrong or does switching still not give you career rewards?
Deceased
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RagnarokJ
I changed my career from patron of the arts to master of the real in the painting career and at lvl 8, didnt get the "delux all-season easel". Did i do something wrong or does switching still not give you career rewards?
If it let you switch then you didn't do anything wrong - it seems like some career rewards work and others don't and I haven't figured out why. You can always purchase those through unlocks in the meantime, although I would like to figure that out one day, obviously!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
If it let you switch then you didn't do anything wrong - it seems like some career rewards work and others don't and I haven't figured out why. You can always purchase those through unlocks in the meantime, although I would like to figure that out one day, obviously!

Very well. I have faith you'll figure it out someday!
Deceased
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th May 2015 at 7:53 AM
This mod should still work with the latest (May 4) game patch. Seems like I never have the time to look deeper into the sometimes missing career rewards and the phone bugs mentioned above. Too many priorities to juggle and still have a life and career of my own!
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th May 2015 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
This mod should still work with the latest (May 4) game patch. Seems like I never have the time to look deeper into the sometimes missing career rewards and the phone bugs mentioned above. Too many priorities to juggle and still have a life and career of my own!

Well, RL should always come first and we really appreciate your dedication towards making the Sims 4 a better game for everyone (Shame on Maxis)...
And honestly, these bugs are everything but gamebreaking, therefore it's not a big deal.

And btw., here is the German translation for the mod :P
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  S4_220557DA_00000000_08F1DD245393688A%%+STBL.7z (294 Bytes, 14 downloads)
Deceased
Original Poster
#43 Old 12th May 2015 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blackberryzh
Well, RL should always come first and we really appreciate your dedication towards making the Sims 4 a better game for everyone (Shame on Maxis)...
And honestly, these bugs are everything but gamebreaking, therefore it's not a big deal.

And btw., here is the German translation for the mod :P

Thanks for understanding, and thanks for the translation! I've updated the mod and credits.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 13th May 2015 at 7:14 AM
Hey scumbumbo, here's my contribution to this fine mod: Brazilian Portuguese translation.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_220557DA_00000000_11F1DD245393688A%%+STBL.zip (332 Bytes, 9 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 5:39 PM
Thank you very much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 7:50 PM
Tyvm . And it still works with the most recent patch, for y'all info
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 7:49 AM
I was looking for something like this i hate how you get fired if you are demoted to the 'branch selection' level in any career. This is perfect.
Deceased
Original Poster
#48 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by An_dz
Hey scumbumbo, here's my contribution to this fine mod: Brazilian Portuguese translation.

The download has been updated with the Brazilian Portuguese translation. Thanks @An_dz !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:38 AM
Thank you so much for this! Sometimes I like to go into my NPC's to tweak my world a little. I've found that the game has been giving people high end jobs and choosing paths without any say so! This mod is working wonderfully to fix that issue!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 5:37 PM
Thank you for creating this mod. I tend to have one uber sim that goes through all things, but EA in it's wisdom (?!?) decided not to allow this.
Page 2 of 4