Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Change Career Branch v3

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Mar 2015 at 5:15 AM - Updated 26th Jun 2015 at 4:30 AM by scumbumbo : Brazilian Portuguese translation added

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 4:53 PM
Was looking for exactly this. Thanks so much/
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 11:41 AM
Just poking in to see if there has been any word on updating this to fix the reward unlock for changing your career branch?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 10:04 PM
Is this mod good with the new patch on 07/28/15?
Deceased
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hansontyger
Just poking in to see if there has been any word on updating this to fix the reward unlock for changing your career branch?

No, I'd completely forgotten about it

I'll have to look back to remind me exactly what the issue was. Seems like sometimes it worked, but not always? Could be a tough one to track down, but I should get the chance sometime before the coming weekend is over.
Deceased
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Etta01
Is this mod good with the new patch on 07/28/15?

Yes, it's fine. None of the XML or scripts I use changed with the latest game patch.
Deceased
Original Poster
#56 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
So, this still works with patch version, "1.10.57.1020", right?

I haven't fully checked all the code for the latest patch yet. It should be fine. I haven't heard of any problems, but I do intend to do a complete check on it.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 9:31 AM
Default Crash report
Heey, Here's the log of my last crash. It was kinda weird seeing they both happened cause of a problem between the career and the lock mod.

I hope it helps and thanks for all your awesome mods
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lastException.zip (4.0 KB, 13 downloads)
Description: Crash
Deceased
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mirrrr
Heey, Here's the log of my last crash. It was kinda weird seeing they both happened cause of a problem between the career and the lock mod.

I hope it helps and thanks for all your awesome mods

Looks like you've got an outdated version of the door locks code, EA changed some of the game code in the July 9 patch when they added their locking doors. You'll need to update to the latest version (3b) of door locks. Make sure you don't have an older version of the door locks script in your mods folder.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 6:54 PM
http://prntscr.com/864b80

These are my mods I have from you. I actually redownloaded all mods after I got the kitchen update
Deceased
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mirrrr
http://prntscr.com/864b80

These are my mods I have from you. I actually redownloaded all mods after I got the kitchen update

My browser won't let me download that print screen, I believe my ad blocker is blocking it out. But I don't really need to see it - the error you posted earlier can only occur from an outdated version of the Door Locks mod (or possibly another modders' work which has not been updated). The most recent version of the Door Locks mod download fixes that bug, which was introduced when EA added their door locks.
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 10:30 PM
Hello scumbumbo,
First thanks a lot for your great work, EA owe you a job.

Secondly, I have the 1.7.65.1020 version of the game and i tried your Change Career Branch v3 and The lockable doors mods.
Unfortunatly, even if it show up correctly In my mod list when i launch the game, it doesn't seem to work for me.

The Carrer Branch seem not working at all, but the lockable doors mods show me options on doors when i click on it, but let the sims pass by the doors i locked.
I am a noob in modding my game, and it is a high chance that i don't make something right, but i don't know what. I follow the install instructions correctly i think because the mods show up in my list, and i check the box script thing.

I Hope you have a solution, cause the Career Branch mod is very attractive for me, it is a option which should be in the game. (I have an Aspiration(mixology) i can't acheve cause i can't change my carrer branch, thanks a lot genious Maxis devs.)

PS: I am french, and i know my english is very bad. it's possible there is something you don't understand in my message, feel free to ask me if it is the case.
Deceased
Original Poster
#62 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 6:31 AM
@Evolite - I understood your post perfectly. It sounds like you don't have script mods enabled, that will cause this mod to not work at all and door locks will only show the lock option menus but they won't do anything.

Make sure the script files are installed properly and you have script mods enabled in your game options and both mods should work then!
Test Subject
#63 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 1:16 PM
@scumbumbo - Thanks for your quick answer.

I have enabled script mods in my game options, the box is check. I place my mods in my mod folder, and not unzip the one who marked "DO NOT UNZIP",who contains python files. I really not understand what im doing wrong. maybe there is something to do with packages file?
I list there files i have in my mods folder:

MTS_scumbumbo_1513302_ChangeCareerBranch_Command_v2.zip
MTS_Scumbumbo_ChangeCareerBranch_Script_v3.zip
MTS_Scumbumbo_ChangeCareerBranch_v3.package
MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v3.package
MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v3b_Script.ts4script
Resource.cfg

I have the two version (cheat and phone) of change carrer branch + lockable doors.

and two screen capture :
http://hpics.li/489c3a4
http://hpics.li/280e390

Thanks for your time.
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 4:12 PM
I see that it has been some time since this was updated, does this work with the most recent patch?
Deceased
Original Poster
#65 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 5:27 AM
@13Crowns - Been a while since I've had the time to even look at TS4, so couldn't say if this is working or not. I have not seen any specific (new) bug reports for it other than some of the items mentioned earlier in this thread.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 7:18 PM
@scumbumbo, I just tested this mod with all the patches and all the packs that were released up untill now, and it worked perfectly. This is exactly what I needed for my challenge of having 1 sim (or actually 2, a set of boy/girl twins) get every aspiration, max career and max skill! Thank you very much!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 7:57 PM
Fantastic mod! I love it and use it all the time. However the sims.patch_career_branch is not working for me. Here's the story:
I used your mod to change from one business branch to another.
Leveled that up fully and changed career altogether to painting. (Using the phone in game, so no command or use of your mod)
I leveled up to 10+ in the Master of the Real branch and used your mod to change branch to Patron of the arts.
After reaching rank 8 I realised I had not gotten the easel. So I checked and I hadn't gotten any rewards from my investor branch either.
I tried using "sims.patch_career_branch" and get the message I have no bugged career branches.
I'm not sure how the command works. But it seems to not work if your current branch isn't the first bugged one.
When I've maxed my current career path, I'll try going back to the investor branch and using the command.

Just wanted to let you know and ask if you had suggestion for what I should try.
Test Subject
#68 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 1:01 AM
I'm also having trouble with the promotion rewards. I am able to switch the career branch successfully but even with the sims.patch_career_branch I am not getting the rewards =\
Deceased
Original Poster
#69 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 6:57 AM
I'm still not sure why that happens, but I promise I will take another look at that issue... one of these days. (Yeah, I know I've said that before) In the meantime it is easy enough to cheat the reward that the Sim should have gotten.
Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I'm still not sure why that happens, but I promise I will take another look at that issue... one of these days. (Yeah, I know I've said that before) In the meantime it is easy enough to cheat the reward that the Sim should have gotten.

Didn't know you could cheat to unlock some rewards. I thought it was only unlocking all or nothing. I'll look into that for sure :D
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThatUnfunGuy
Didn't know you could cheat to unlock some rewards. I thought it was only unlocking all or nothing. I'll look into that for sure :D

I believe you are correct as it is an all or nothing. I am unaware of any cheat that will unlock individual items. However, the cheat to unlock all rewards is bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

This is still a great mod as it does let you change careers, which is something that I as a completionist needs to do
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:47 PM
Has V3 been fixed?

Big thank you to all of the different types of creators/mod makers that help out the gaming community to make the games that much more fun and glitch free to play.
Get Vaccinated, wear a mask, wash your hands and take care of each other. Be good people.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 3:19 PM
Working perfectly on Mac as well 😄
Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 9:34 AM
Hi, there seems to be a problem though: I'm not getting the career rewards items as I go through the promotions. Also, I am not able to buy them in the Build Mode even though I've completed the career.

Any ideas/fix?
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:55 PM Last edited by perrysu : 12th Jan 2017 at 10:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ChattyBox
Hi, there seems to be a problem though: I'm not getting the career rewards items as I go through the promotions. Also, I am not able to buy them in the Build Mode even though I've completed the career.

Any ideas/fix?

Same here. I stopped using this and the "reset career branch" from MC Command Center works perfectly.
Page 3 of 4