Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
It is supported but I don't have the UC so I can't test fixes to problems that are unique to the UC (sorry Synkka, I've been hoping someone with UC answers your problem). I have no idea why it won't save your settings (it does save mine), I can only suggest you try making a profile in SimPE with your settings and see if that saves and opens correctly.

I tried using the save preferences profile option and it just throws exceptions until eventually I have to kill the process with task manager because there's no way to even close the window without it throwing an exception.

Also, it's not just a problem of the settings not saving. If I change the settings, it seemingly doesn't have any effect on SimPE at all. BHAVs are still listed as "Unknown BHAV" and memories are still listed as "---". This is what makes it unusable.
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 2:30 PM
I have never changed how or where SimPE saves and reads your settings, perhaps Windows file protection (User Account Control) is interfering with it, maybe try installing SimPE into a location that is not protected.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 7:24 PM
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling SimPE, and it didn't work. It installed into the default location that your new installer picks. Can you just tell me where SimPE saves settings, so I can go and delete whatever is there?
Scholar
#79 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 1:44 PM
All of the settings are found in SimPE's Data folder (SimPe\Data\)
included with SimPE (don't delete)
expansions.xreg - tells SimPE where in Windows registry to find the game and each EP/SP and how to handle them.

created by SimPE (OK to delete)
folders.xreg - stores which parts of the game and each EP/SP you choose to have active.
simpe.xreg - stores your settings, user set file paths are stored here.
layout2.xreg - stores settings that pertain to the layout.
simpe.layout - stores more layout settings, Not readily readable or editable.

.xreg files are text files and can be read and edited with Windows notepad. However if you do edit one you must be very careful with syntax because SimPE will trip up on the slightest fault and not continue.

objcache.simpepkg and objcache_02.simpepkg if they exist are cache files and can be deleted, all other files in that folder, particularly the .xml files probably shouldn't be deleted.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 11:23 PM
Ok. I was able to get SimPE's preferences profile to actually work by running it with administrator permissions, but I can't get Windows to pin the custom shortcut that has the -profile command line argument to the Start menu. Do you have any idea how to do that?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:16 PM
Greets!

I have UC and have modified my expansions.xreg file to correct path issues.

However, I use 2 SimPe's. SimPe_M&G and SimPe_T&A.

My paths are D:\UC_M&G and D:\UC_T&A for program files.

Doc folders are C:\Users\Savage\Documents\EA Games\UC M&G and C:\Users\Savage\Documents\EA Games\UC T&A

and C:\Users\Savage\Documents\EA Games\HCDU Sims 2\Downloads for Mod checking.

(I really HATE Looooong folder depth)

I use 2 Registry files to "swap" the Registry info (Quaintly called Play_M&G and Play_T&A)

This isn't for most people I'm afraid.

That being said, If someone with UC's Default install can give me the program and Doc paths, I'll modify my expansions.xreg for you.

This isn't a biggie with SimPe. Simply delete the 4 files that are created (Best use of date modified) and replace the expansions.xreg.

Might take a couple of try's. Not a biggie, you are not doing any permanent changes or harm.

As there are several....ahem...UC's floating around, i'll accept all.

Balls in your court.

GS
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:43 PM
Hey Chris,

Is it possible to make a plug-in to turn any clothes package into a Default?

The User would just choose the Property Set to replace.

Something a lot of people would like to see!

Thanks, GS
Mad Poster
#83 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 3:51 AM
Apparently the answer is to just the program always with admin privileges, since Microsoft apparently broke the ability to pin shortcuts to Start. I don't know why that was suddenly necessary, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that either Windows spontaneously broke something that had been working just fine earlier or SimPE just spontaneously broke itself.
Scholar
#84 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Savagegrace
Hey Chris,

Is it possible to make a plug-in to turn any clothes package into a Default?

The User would just choose the Property Set to replace.

Something a lot of people would like to see!

Thanks, GS

What do you mean by a Default? if you mean a Default Replacement then I can't see how that can be done by the property set, the mesh and texture(s) are defined in a 3D ID Referencing file.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 2:41 PM
Greets Chris,

I'm talking about a plug-in that a "newbie" could use.

Two things are needed, the name of the PS to be Defaulted and a pulled clothes package to be the default.

The plug-in would then take the Group and Instance from the PS (as well as the Program and Version) ask sex (F,M,U) ask categories (C,F,U,pj,SW,A,OW).

(Perhaps hidden Flag as well)

Then it would modify the pulled package and turn it into a Default for that Property SET.

I've been doing this for several years.

It's way easy but there's a couple of Gotchas one needs to be aware of.

Thanks Chris for answering.

GS
Field Researcher
#86 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 4:23 PM
Any chance someone knows why SimPE is not displaying the second part of a warning message? Specifically the one for the check of duplicate simID/instance:
"Helper.ExceptionMessage(new Warning("A Sim was found Twice!", "The Sim with GUID 0x" + Helper.HexString(sdesc.SimId) + " (inst=0x" + Helper.HexString(sdesc.Instance) + ") exists more than once. This could result in Problems during the Gameplay!"));"
I need to know the actual values to solve this issue, but all that SimPE shows me is "A Sim was found Twice!". What's up with the detailed message not being displayed? It's not hidden under "details".
Scholar
#87 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 5:56 AM
If you run SimPE in advanced mode it will show the details otherwise you need to 'click' on the Details for it to show the details. Most often SimPE will not expand those dialogue windows enough and we need to manually expand the window to view the whole message.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#88 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 10:24 AM
...ok, but why are there random pictures of girls on the installer and as .exe icons? is this really a legit SimPE install? what? have to tell you, those really make me think i installed something else than a tool for ts2?
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 9:00 PM
Hey Chris, thank you (and everyone else) for your work on preserving SimPE! Is it possible to add more fields to the export file? Such as eye, skin, hair color codes? Or is there an area that I can edit what populates within the export?

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Scholar
#90 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 2:20 PM
I don't know which export you mean, exporting a mesh can have a couple of options but all other exporting that I can think of only has the option to choose a file name.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I don't know which export you mean, exporting a mesh can have a couple of options but all other exporting that I can think of only has the option to choose a file name.

Sorry I wasn't more specific - Tools > Neighborhoods > Export Neighborhoods - this creates a .txt file with hood information and exports the sims/lot photos of said hood as well. There is some information not available on it such as eye/hair/skin color. Is it possible the output of this file to include more?

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Scholar
#92 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 1:31 PM
Unfortunately that is done by pjHoodTool.plugin.dll and I never been able to get the source code for the Peter Jones components (all that start with pj).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#93 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 3:08 PM
@Chris Hatch Forgive me if this is irrelevant (I wouldn't know source code if it hit me in the head), but there are some PLJones files on Sourceforge.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 3:53 AM
I recently undapted my SimPE to 0.75.68, but am having two small issues:
- I have the DDS utilities installed, but the 'build DXT' option is still greyed out. Neither can I link to it in Preferences > System Files.
- Despite its default language being set to English, SimPE is mostly displaying in French (my operating system's language.)

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Scholar
#95 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 12:50 PM
You set the Nvidia DDS Tool Folder in Preferences > SimPE Settings
As for the language problem I will look in to that. My computer uses English Australian as default and SimPE always sets English UK (as that is the closest available) as default which is exactly what I want, I never tried setting to another language but I shall do to see what happens and if there is something I can fix.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 8:30 PM
Thank you!
I guess I found another bug, though it might be because I installed this SimPE 'over' the one I already had:

The System Files and SimPE Params' panels are too small to display everything at once, but can't be scrolled or resized. I should probably try a clean install, huh.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Scholar
#97 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azelanne
I should probably try a clean install, huh.

Not yet, it won't change anything. The whole layout for that window is held in the various language recourses (to cater for bigger buttons etc. for longer words). I made the window significantly bigger but from your screen shot it obviously didn't change for French. I think I have it fixed but it may take a day or two to test before updating.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 7:33 PM
Alright, thank you Chris!

Scholar
#99 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 10:40 AM
I just updated it (to Version 0.75.68.20), hopefully it'll work properly for you now. I couldn't put my computer into French language so I backed up the English resource and overwrote it with French to test it all displays correctly.
It is obvious to me the SimPE's UI will run in whatever language your computers uses if available and that is a Windows thing. The language option only causes SimPE to use that chosen language when displaying catalogue descriptions like in object workshop or for sims in neighbourhood view. It will use it for texts when editing behaves but unfortunately not for pie menus (which is part of the pjse so I can't change it).
Mad Poster
#100 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 3:46 AM
@Chris Hatch, midgethetree on tumblr reports that the version of your SimPE that she has (0.75.68.11) shows the GUIDs of unknown tokens in the Neighborhood Memory. I have version 0.75.68.15, but SimPE (including your version) has never shown any GUIDs in Neighborhood Memory. Is this an actual feature that this version of SimPE has, and if so, how do I enable it?
Page 4 of 9