Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#26 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 2:03 AM
That sounds fabulous, Mootilda. Regarding the wording, I believe "CAS" projects is more of a TS3 term - in Sims 2, sim content (clothes, hair, etc) is actually made with the "Bodyshop" tool that came with the game - so really they're Bodyshop Projects. TS2 -does- have a CAS, but it's just the screen where you put the sim together to be placed in your game.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 2:16 AM
I'm examining these more closely now in bodyshop. So far the Nightcrawler skin doesn't show, the Eclipse layerable mouth corners don't show (though I seem to remember deleting that in bodyshop at one point), skez_cthlcoat doesn't show... I can't verify the career outfits in BS but those are the ones with hollywood or mafia in the name.

I'm beginning to wonder how many files I have that actually aren't even working....

There were easily better than thirty files highlighted blue after the full scan. I might have to take another look and report back.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 2:30 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 10th Feb 2012 at 8:10 PM. Reason: Obsolete
Default TEST Version 1.6.17.2
[Update:] New version released; removed obsolete version.

This is a TEST Version of the Clean Installer. DO NOT download unless you intend to test and provide feedback.

CAS (Bodyshop) Packages which do not contain a Binary Index will be marked in Light Blue. The type will be "Incomplete CAS Project"; this will be changed to "Incomplete BodyShop Project" before release.

I need to know that only invalid BodyShop packages are being marked. CreatureFixes.package from MATY should no longer be marked.
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 3:22 AM
I ran the previous test version again, and inspected more of the results and this appears to be working. One file worth mentioning though is "Phaenoh_DEFAULT_SocialBunniesRedefined" From here, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356595. If I confirm any of the other detections to be working files that shouldn't be marked I'll let you know.

This has been pretty helpful to me, actually, when I had intended to try helping you.

I'll try to do a scan with the new version tomorrow.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:01 AM
Yes, that download seems to break the rule.

fanseelamb, can you see anything in this package that makes the lack of a Binary Index acceptable for this download? The Clean Installer is recognizing it as clothing because of the material definition and property set. Is it using the default EA Binary Index? Is there some way that the Clean Installer can tell that this package is valid?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#31 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:07 AM
Hi Mootilda!

I tried this on several Sims2 storage folders and nothing turned up [flagged] (other than red mods) until I sampled my project folder. It found the incomplete packages. see screenshot.

I had created those packages myself and they are not complete, so it did flag them correctly.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#32 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda

fanseelamb, can you see anything in this package that makes the lack of a Binary Index acceptable for this download? The Clean Installer is recognizing it as clothing because of the material definition and property set. Is it using the default EA Binary Index? Is there some way that the Clean Installer can tell that this package is valid?

Yeah. This is a default-replacement file, so it's different from a normal clothing file. Most default-replacement files only include the small bit being altered. Then the game picks up the other bits from the original EA files. So a texture replacement would only include the texture image. A mod to change the age or category of an outfit would only include the property set. They wouldn't need a BINX or material definitions or anything other than the part being changed.

I suppose this particular default-replacement needed to change the material definition and property set along with a bunch of other things, but not the BINX. So basically it would be an exception to the rule.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#33 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 3:59 PM
OK, if there's no way to distinguish between incomplete bodyshop projects and some default replacements, I guess that I'll just have to warn people not to delete these packages without checking them first.

Thanks to everyone for the testing. I'll try to upload the final version today.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#34 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 10:48 PM
The final version works brilliantly. Thank you SO much, Mootilda! You're amazing.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 1:35 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Nov 2012 at 2:02 AM.
Default Sims2Pack Clean Installer To-Do List (Part 1)
MTS insists that my original To-Do list requires a Captcha to change. Since this is incredibly annoying, I'm starting a new to-do list:

As with all of my programs, my first priority is fixing bugs. I am also interested in restoring functionality which was in a previous version of S2PCI, but is missing in the 1.6.x source code. Finally, I'll work on implementing new features.

To Do List:

Bugs:

- "Install All" should be renamed to something which mentions The Sims 2.

- Remove Administrator requirement: S2PCI currently uses HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. That should probably be changed to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. As well, I believe that it always expects write permission, although it probably only requires read access.

- Investigate the (fairly rare) issue: "A previous version of Sims2pack Clean Installer. You have to uninstall the old version first! Do you want to do this now?" Why do some of the registry entries remain after the program is uninstalled? Are people doing something wrong during uninstall, such as running the uninstall from a non-administrative account? Is this an issue with NSI? Can it be resolved by removing all existing registry entries before installing?

Missing Features:

- More work on the new recognition algorithm: better recognition of existing types, more types, better text names.

Installation of S2PCI

- Allow user to force an install even if the previous uninstall failed.
- Add a "features / options" screen to the install process, so that people could decide whether they want a Desktop shortcut, a Start Menu shortcut, or the "Install all" ability.
- Do not setup the "Install all" ability on systems which cannot support it (64-bit?).
Site Helper
Original Poster
#36 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:01 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Dec 2012 at 5:13 AM.
Default Sims2Pack Clean Installer To-Do List (Part 2)
To Do List (continued):

New Features:

- Try to resolve problems created by incorrect usage. Specifically, removing individual sims will cause neighborhood corruption; perhaps the user should only be able to remove all sims included with a lot or none of them. Later, unchecking a sim could remove all memories, relationships, and family ties with that sim, or change them to point to the "mystery sim".

Ref: (please note that these threads are recommending a technique which will cause neighborhood corruption)
http://www.flyingacres.com/Neighbor...ead.php?tid=780
http://www.flyingacres.com/Neighbor...ead.php?tid=868

- For lots: Check currently installed EPs. Compare with game engine required for lot. Warn user if lot is likely to crash game.
- Display the in-game categories where available. This would allow people to see all objects added to a particular category. Ref: http://www.modthesims.info/download...192#post4029192
- Give people the ability to copy the file name and / or text name to the clipboard.
- Allow the user to specify a different The Sims 2 directory; make program work correctly with AnyGameStarter. [in process]
- Allow people to specify subdirectories within the default Downloads location.
- Now that MTS supports 7zip files, it would be nice if the Clean Installer would support them.
- Would be nice to have an "Install All Sims 2" context menu for ZIP, RAR, and 7Z files, since these compressed files are functionally equivalent to directories.
- Install package files by moving to correct location; only if double click on package file?
- Get working on the MAC. [in process - no install version currently has problems determining location of save games]
- Update GUI?
- Save preview pictures with a right-click.
- Multi-install should have a window displayed during processing:
. - Display directory and / or filename currently being processed.
. - Progress bar. Note: difficult to estimate the amount of work to be done until it has been done.
. - Check for low memory condition and stop before it becomes a major issue.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:03 AM
Default Sims2Pack Clean Installer To-Do List (Part 3)
Looks like the problem is that the post is too long, so let's give ourselves some leaway.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#38 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 2:04 AM
Default Sims2Pack Clean Installer To-Do List (Part 4)
One more should do it.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 1:41 AM
Mootilda, with the Clean Installer I can't preview any textures that were imported with DXT5, is there anything I can change from my end that might resolve this? Also, your "to do list" above mentions "Update GUI" - would you consider allowing re-ordered sort columns to retain their positioning between program sessions, please? Thanks for all your hard work on Clean Installer.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 3:57 AM
I don't know why the DXT5 textures wouldn't display. As far as I remember, the Clean Installer is just using standard image processing.

Keeping the order of columns sounds like a good idea.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 2:53 AM
Thanks for your reply, Mootilda!

Page 2 of 2