Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 10:17 AM
Default TS1 full-screen glitch
Hi guys, I've been bothered by this problem for a long time and couldn't find any perfect solution. This is another glitch that happens with TS1 in Windows 10.

When I start the game and try to have a good time, we're cool. But if I push "alt+tab" to switch to my desktop and then return to TS1, everything in this game looks crashed: Neighborhood lots missing (but they're still there cuz I can see the info once I move the mouse onto one of the lots), all words in the boxes are gone, and if I enter my sim family, everything is just completely messed (the graphics).

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!!!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 10:32 AM
Also I tried windowed mode and it kinda works - still can't swtich back and forth without torching the game graphics apart.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 1:40 PM
I believe the game doesn't play very well when minimizing it; on Windows 8 similar things happen. Check out the thread "Playing The Sims on Windows 10", there's a lot of useful info there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
I believe the game doesn't play very well when minimizing it; on Windows 8 similar things happen. Check out the thread "Playing The Sims on Windows 10", there's a lot of useful info there.

Thanks! I'll look into it!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 12:26 PM
You're welcome!