Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 4:42 AM
Default Mod to stop annoying apartment neighbours?
Is there a mod to stop apartment neighbours from just coming into your apartment at all hours like they own the place? Just locking the doors won't work, because my Sim needs the nanny to come in for her kids.

Thanks

Mari | 26 | She/Her | Australian
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 8:03 AM
Locking the apartment door shoudln't stop service NPCs from being able to enter to do their jobs and I also added a Mod to stop the NPC neighbors from even being generated which might be what you're looking for since they won't keep entering your family's unit at all hours if the other units are all empty and avaiable to rent until you move other households in.That Mod to stop the neighbros being genrated at all is on this site in global Mods.I've had it in my game for years with UC installed without any issues and if I do have issues with no nighbors I can just create a few households to move in and add those myself.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 10:17 AM
It shouldn't stop them, but it does. This is The Sims we're talking about. In fact, locked doors for me seem to only block the nanny, neighbors will walk in as they please.

kestrellyn has a mod here https://modthesims.info/d/615481/st...ourself-in.html that stops sims from inviting themselves in, maybe that'll help? I remember there being some other interaction that allowed visitors to autonomously greet sims though.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 10:56 AM
^there's also a part 2 here for that mod.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 11:09 AM
That's actually part of the original mod now. You don't need the second file if you redownload it.

I think this was something that Pescado "fixed" in apthack, he made door locks "really work" to keep out the landlord, and I suspect other NPCs as well. If I need NPCs to enter the apartment I just place the APO thingy and configure exactly who should be allowed in, and lock the room with that instead.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
That's actually part of the original mod now. You don't need the second file if you redownload it.

Didn't know that! Thank you for mentioning it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 11:06 PM
Thanks so much, everyone! I'll make sure to test this mod out today. It'll be nice to play in an apartment without being annoyed :D

Mari | 26 | She/Her | Australian