Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:15 PM
Default google hates me - please help me find info about saving sims
I know I read somewhere recently that someone figured out how to share sims without using the gallery, and something about the consequences of doing so, but every time I search for anything on the Sims4 anywhere it's like google hates me and I can only find old threads on the same topics for Sims3 and Sims2.

I just want to get the sims I made in the CAS demo in my game without uploading them to the gallery.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:19 PM
I believe, but don't quote me on this as I've not been able to test it yet, that sims (households) are saved in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo\Tray folder. Listed as a *.householdbinary file.

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
I believe, but don't quote me on this as I've not been able to test it yet, that sims (households) are saved in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo\Tray folder. Listed as a *.householdbinary file.

Yes just move those files to the main ts4 folder named the same I think
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:39 PM
Thank you so much!

Does anyone remember hearing something about sharing sims this way, they lose information or something that they would gain if they were shared through the gallery? I don't remember if it is important, maybe something about the creator name, which I don't really care about since I'm sharing with myself, but I vaguely remember something there were a couple of things so want to check in case they might matter to me later. I know there was a thread about it somewhere . . .