Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 6:57 AM
Default Probably put this in the wrong section, new to this site. CC Ad.fly broke my Chrome.
This isn't a game related question, nor is it affecting my sims game. If I'm posting in the wrong spot, I'm sorry. I'm new to this. Never posted on forms before.

Recently I tried to download Kewai-dou's Sims 4 back screen cc that goes with the Photography set. I knew the link had been broken, as it gave me a 403 error message a bunch of times (keep in mind I had ad.fly skipper on). But earlier today I checked on my other computer and it brought up Ad.fly. I thought she had finally got the link working. So I hurried and downloaded on my Sims computer, taking off my ad.skipper and ad blocker, thinking perhaps this will send me to the download link.

It did not. 403 message... again

Plus broke my Chrome. Everything vanished, my bookmarks, my front page, my extensions reverting everything to default. I downloaded Malwarebytes, trashed 17 files that were bad. Went into my Chrome settings and reset it myself, after realizing the malware made search.conduct the default start up screen. It looks exactly like Google when Chrome starts up.

I have no idea what to do now. To any Simmer this has happened to before, please tell me what my next step is. Do I change all my passwords for everything I use?

Thank you. <3
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 4:49 PM
So sorry that happened. But, yeah. Avoid Adfly like the plague it is.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
dodgy builder
#3 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 6:16 PM
You should try the help subforum. It's under help in the main menu above.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 7:02 PM
My daughter does a lot of minecraft, and some of the best mods are behind a ad fly minefield.
I've been bit by ad fly too a couple of times. I guess there's is no law against a malware website.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2019 at 2:07 AM
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th May 2019 at 8:55 AM Last edited by Cloopy : 13th May 2019 at 5:34 AM.
I have long stopped using ad.fly. Previously, it was normal, but now everything has changed a lot. I noticed that the majority of successful and good utilities, different extensions have changed and a little deteriorated. I do not know what it is connected with. Even highly specialized and thematic, for example, which I use for сomparing and synchronizing SQL Server database schemas . It's a shame. Put on a good antivirus that constantly monitors processes and changes important passwords for you!