Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Middleground -- Neighbourhood with lots; base game compatible

by plasticbox Posted 2nd Dec 2007 at 12:49 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:18 AM by plasticbox

202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 193 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 7:03 PM
WOW! It's amazing! I love it! Thank you so much Plasticbox! All of your lots are so pretty and, even better, they're (almost) cc-free! This is the best neighborhood I have ever seen!
Test Subject
#127 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 2:17 AM
baerchen83: Thanks SO much for the suggestion! I didn't have a hack disabling NPCs. And while your solution didn't work exactly as per your suggestion, it was really close and lead me in the right direction! I had to go into debug mode, then click on 'neighbourhoods' and then 'create all NPCs.' Thank you for the help! I wouldn't have never thought to look with boolProp!

Plasticbox: Amazing neighbourhood! Very different from most other and fun to play it : D
Test Subject
#128 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 5:19 PM
I love this neighborhood. It's beautiful, and very detailed. The only trouble was that once I installed it none of my lakes were fishable. I just couldn't click on the water to select the 'fish with' option. I really love this feature of seasons and so I uninstalled the neighborhood. Do you have any idea what caused this problem? Or how to fix it? Is it a side effect of the swimable lake?
Wiki Wizard
#129 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:45 PM
Really wonderful, thanks:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#130 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:46 PM
acidic_fairy,

sorry for the very late reply: since I playtested tested my Swimmable Lake in this hood and could fish perfectly fine -- see screenshots in the Swimmable Lake thread --, I don't think your problem is caused by anything in the hood. Sorry.

About the non-showing-up lots .. thanks for your input everyone; I'll look into it once I get my hands on the game again. This may not be soon, but I'll try and fix it eventually. Thanks for your feedback, it will be helpful.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Wiki Wizard
#131 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 12:20 PM
This is one of my favourite neighbourhoods, you build houses just like the ones maxis provide people with in EPs and stuff, well done

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#132 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 10:59 AM
I can´t get in the neigboorhood in the game! I have Windows Vista Buissnes, can that was the problem? Very nice lots!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 6:17 PM
mimmiie,

I'd need a more detailed error description than "can't get". Please specify what exactly you're doing and at what point you get stuck.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#134 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 1:51 PM
I follow the "How to install", i expand and put the middleground_neighbourhood_N514.rar in EA Games > The Sims 2 > neighbourhood, and put the middleground_customcontent.rar to EA games > The Sims 2 > downloads, also expanded. I have all expansions....
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 4:16 PM
Which EA Games folder is this (complete path)? And what's the expanded Middleground folder named, and does it sit directly in Neighbourhoods? Or inside a subfolder?

Also, how big is it and what files are in it on top level? (just tryng to verify that the download is complete at all)

Test Subject
#136 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 7:45 PM
Please, can ju put the lots once, here at mts2, or maybe make a "box" there all the lots are? I´m sorry, but my english is not so good.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#137 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 8:58 PM
Err, no, I'm not gonna change anything about how I upload things. It seems to work fine for 13.700 other people, so I guess the problem is not with my upload.

Test Subject
#138 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:47 PM
Hey, I've just re-installed my Sims 2 game and after trawling the internet searching for something remotely playable (I only have the base game, so it can get a tad boring without the diversity of customisation) I came across Middleground! I've just downloaded it and it is an amazing neighbourhood. I've now started looking at some of your lots and other base game downloadables and I can't wait to fill up the empty roads with your amazing and creative houses. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#139 Old 30th May 2008 at 6:26 PM
Hi! Great job! The place is really awesome and the houses are nice aswell!

Just got 2 beefs though: The houses are little too expensive, and I've decided to be cheat-code-less. My sims can't even pay their bills when they come on the first Tuesday. Oh and... What's with all the random urns everywhere?

The statement below is true
-----------------------------
The statement above is false
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 30th May 2008 at 7:19 PM
playerland40, you apparently didn't install the custom content if you see urns on the lots. And if you think the lots are too expensive, then change them.

Lab Assistant
#141 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 1:48 PM
I am also missing the two lots and have noticed the same issue as baerchen83, with three lots named RL 1 x 3 by MaryLouwww.marylousims2.it, two of these are obviously being removed by the game, it's surprising that more people haven't had this issue unless there's something in an ep I don't have that allows lots with the same name. Easiest solution to this is already in place, just download the two lots and put them in manually. Still a nice effort and will enjoy this download, Thank you!

Once the can is open - The worms are free!
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 5:54 AM
I am having the same issue above: missing the two lots and having several lots renamed RL 1 x 3 by MaryLouwww.marylousims2.it. I am running on Windows Vista and I have all expansion packs and stuff packs other than Family Fun Stuff. I had no trouble adding the lots manually.

Thank you for your beautiful work. I am enjoying this neighborhood.
Test Subject
#143 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 4:22 AM
I've been using this neighbourhood since December and haven't had a problem with it. Had several generations of my main family live there Thanks
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#144 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 8:28 AM
Regarding the messed up lot names:

Lot names seem to sometimes get lost somehow, apparently -- at least with mini lots, this seems to be the case: I just redownloaded and installed a few of my old lots (2xN mini lots) after having lost a harddrive, and to my surprise they now have the names of the mini lots they were cloned from. Those lots had their own proper names originally, I'm absolutely sure of that: I was using them in my old game too, and there the names were always correct .. my "Building Site" neigbourhoods were full of "2x2_North_XXX" lots.

Most of the Middleground lots have never been packaged after I made them, so I doubt it's the packaging/installation process .. but maybe this is a problem with lot descriptions in the BaseGame in general (the abovementioned 2xN lots are also BaseGame), the renaming *does* work dfferently in the Base Game after all.

Test Subject
#145 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 11:42 PM
FWIW, I have all EPs and SPs, and at least for me, it does not matter who the creator is, the name any mini-lot I've downloaded has always shown up in my lot bin as the "RL 1 x 3 by MaryLouwww.marylousims2.it" type of thing instead of the lot's actual name.
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 6:30 PM
Ahh! Beautiful neighborhood. I'd like to play it just as is, except for one thing... the neighborhood name. Am trying to figure out how to change that in SimPe, but I don't really know much about all that yet. Is there a quick way to do it?

Delfine Productions. We care about cute.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 8:04 PM
thank you!
Test Subject
#148 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 2:24 PM
middleground recalled for Simvillige became my favourite place to play. many many thanks.
BTW do you plan to make some apartments in style of middleground? I would prefer double houses :-) pliiiisssss
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#149 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 9:52 PM
delfine23,

in case you haven't seen it in the meantime: renaming a hood is done in the hoods overview (in-game), simply by clicking on the name and typing in a new one.

HTH =)

Forum Resident
#150 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 4:37 PM
Marvelous!

Thank you.
Page 6 of 9